It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
He did good for about 10 second then continued to shoot himself in the foot acting like a crazy man. For a man that seems to know things 5 moves before they happen, he sure missed the mark on this debate.

It doesn't change my mind that alot of what he speaks is the truth but it sure will make it harder for others to hear.
edit on 7-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm trying to understand what just happened...

My first reaction to AJ after watching this is that he is a shill, a very clever one... he spreads some truths and gains a large following of people, his fans would match the profile of people TPTB fear because they are potential beacons of truth... because of that little act AJ just damaged a ton of people's credibility that use AJ's as a source of conspiracy information and are vocal about listening to him.

Obviously I could be wrong...

He could have also been agitated pre-shooting in order to get that type of agitated reaction from him, he did seemed to think that the show was being recorded, not broadcasted live, he did say something like: 'you will edit this out later'... why would you say this if you knew you were on live TV?

Umm, nothing changes, I'll still listen to what he has to say but I'll be 'watching' him closely.

-------------------

Only positive to come out from this was that it got me researching the Dunblane School Massacre that led to the gun ban in the UK, seems there was a lot of unanswered questions with that shooting as well... ummmm... worth investigating at some point.

www.dunblaneexposed.info...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Hey Go, here is some stuff, so far. Takes me a few to go re look for it all.

www.stamfordadvocate.com...

STAMFORD -- A 46-year-old Newtown man who worked behind the scenes on numerous blockbuster films was killed in a head-on accident on the Merritt Parkway Friday evening.

Scott Getzinger, a property master who provided props for more than 25 films, including "Spider-Man," "Independence Day," "The Truman Show" and the upcoming "Men in Black III" and "The Dark Knight Rises," died at Stamford Hospital after sustaining severe injuries.

Getzinger suffered multiple broken bones, but was described as conscious and alert after being cut out of the 2002 Ford F-150 pickup truck he was driving.

State police initially characterized his injuries as non-life threatening.
< Wha?.......

And then a mere couple months later, the shooting happened during Dark Knight Rises
www.sltrib.com...

Investigators say Holmes tossed two gas canisters and then opened fire during the midnight showing of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" on July 20, killing 12 people and wounding dozens.

I'll go look for the Columbine data
now, and ad it in an Edit To Ad.

Edit To Ad

www.youtube.com...

edit on 7-1-2013 by Saucerwench because: ad

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xality

I don't think this debate was live, I noticed part of AJ's rant got cut off

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Thanks Alex...you loon. A pretty good sign you are losing a debate is when you challenge your opponent to a boxing match.

The person who can control his state of being usually controls the room...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
He started off GREAT in his first rant, for about 2.5 minutes then BANG!!!

CLASSIC ALEX

He shamed himself.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow!! I regurlarly read and rarely post on another website, hope it's ok to name, GLP, and as soon as I tried to post a response to Alex's interview on cnn I was immediey banned, what a JOKE!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbtkl273
Wow!! I regurlarly read and rarely post on another website, hope it's ok to name, GLP, and as soon as I tried to post a response to Alex's interview on cnn I was immediey banned, what a JOKE!

Well, welcome to ATS!!!

As long as you abide by our Terms & Conditions, feel free to repost what got you booted from that other place...

edit on 1/7/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: added link...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbtkl273

Just for your info something is going on at the GLP website,, I posted a source link here from Before it's News a couple of hours ago, that quoted a source from GLP, and when I tried to follow the link to GLP I received a caption that said my ISP had been banned from access, and I don't even post there or very seldom go there.

Was Alex's alleged links/ to Stratcom ever confirmed/debunked? While he breaks some good stories I feel reasonably confident (just a gut feeling
) his message board is heavily comprimised by-- whoever.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Many of you may not like the delivery but the points he made are absolutely correct.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wow. I just watched the clip, and that was the worst advocation of continuing gun ownership I have ever seen. How exactly is ranting like a maniac and coming across as a lid-trembling psychopath meant to help? Perhaps he forgot he was a guest on someone else's show and not his own.
If I had just arrived from saturn to adjudicate on this matter independently, I'm afraid I would be recommending an IMMEDIATE ban, and especially for AJ.
For the record, I am English, and strongly pro gun ownership. The banning of guns in the UK has been a disaster, a friend who was in the pest control business had just taken delivery of a .308 Ruger self-loader to be able to kill foxes cleanly, when they were banned in the wake of the Hungerford massacre. Another friend (an ex-para), had to surrender several pistols, for considerably less than market value, and lost a big part of his social life when the pistol club folded after Dunblane. Amazingly, about zero criminals handed their guns in after either ban.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i was really hoping alex would keep his sanity for this debate. I would like to yell rant and scream at piers too, but every debate is like a war, you need strategy and psychology. Keep calm, debate the facts each person believes and let the crowd decide on who they agree with. But piers is a shifty reptile of a man, he will never have my viewrship.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Honestly, Jones looks like a seething, spittle-spewing paranoid.

I'm shocked that you guys can't see how his histrionics and ravings paint all alternative media and/or conspiracy ponderers with a broad, dangerous brush.

IMHO, this interview will bring a red hot spot light on all questioners...and that is NOT okay.

ya know I thought about this as well...and in a sense its playing into their hand but at what point do we stop pandering to the stupidity of the masses and their inability to accept anyone who is even the least bit passionate let alone honest about a topic?

If being passionate = seething, spittle-spewing and being honest = paranoid then were all lost anyway.

Maybe its because I understand where Alex is coming from in this case. I myself get as pissed off as Alex did in that interview. Whenever I hear Piers spew his garbage from his platform it boils my blood....its infuriating and to dumb it down and docile yourself for social acceptance... Its another form of social conformity...

Also who is it were so desperate for acceptance from? People who can't critically think? people thick enough to think passion = bad and honest = paranoid...Look I understand the masses have been neutered and turned into passive docile domesticated cattle ripe for the slaughter but there are still some of us who aren't and I personally think some of this frustration is because its tiring to try and communicate the severity of these issues without showing a little passion...just so the masses find it palatable...

Personally I think Alex went a tad bit over the top but hes pissed, hes frustrated, and hes not quelling it for anybody anymore it seems...I can understand this.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Video:

He made a big blunder on this interview and looked like a crazed *unproffesional* [color=grey]idiot. He should've thought of hiring an adviser or debate coach. Msm probably had a good laugh on him!

edit on 7-1-2013 by SOLIDSNAKE101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I used to support Alex Jones, but I no longer can, especially after that debacle of an "interview", if you could call it that. This really has me thinking AJ has ulterior motives. If his purpose for going on CNN was to portray gun owners as sane, responsible citizens with the ultimate purpose of the 2nd amendment, to defend against tyranny, then Alex Jones just set that movement back a decade. If his purpose was to portray pro 2nd amendment people as unstable bullying maniacs who threaten violence, then job well done comrade Alex.

Alex Jones is so mainstream now it's laughable and he plays his part brilliantly. Well, he used to. Now a days he acts like a complete lunatic and he makes people think anyone who's against increasing government power is a lunatic just like him.

Sigh...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This "interview" became a joke after about 3 minutes. Alex is his own worst enemy. If he could control himself and not start ranting and keep on topic, he would've done alright.

This was my first and last time watching Morgan's show. I flipped the channel to catch the last 15 minutes of a Diner's, Drive In's and Dives rerun.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Alex was citing facts well, but whenever he begins to rant he can't stop himself from getting emotionally charged. You could see the shift from his first minute of speaking into it. I can understand why he gets that way though...

It's really getting nauseating hearing Piers cite the "11,000 deaths vs 35 in Britain" thing. Yea... more gun deaths with a gun-per-capita that's insanely high... and how many of those deaths are criminal related? Not like taking firearms away from the vast majority of responsible gun owners is going to quell the violence of criminals. As Alex pointed out when guns were taken away in these areas, the violent crime went way up. But in areas with the most guns & concealed carry, crime goes way down.

Piers fails horribly at statistics & logic.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I hate it when Alex goes nuts, but you know what? It's about time somebody does. He said what most of us think. YOU ARE NOT TAKING OUR RIGHTS !

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am truly concerned for those of us who take a critical look at the events of the day, those of us who do honest research into the FACTS. If we have allowed AJ to be presented as our "spokesman" (I surely won't tolerate that) we are truly, and rightfully, cast off to the side as the lunatic fringe.

I am disgusted and fearful for what we have worked so long and so hard for.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I am truly concerned for those of us who take a critical look at the events of the day, those of us who do honest research into the FACTS. If we have allowed AJ to be presented as our "spokesman" (I surely won't tolerate that) we are truly, and rightfully, cast off to the side as the lunatic fringe.

I am disgusted and fearful for what we have worked so long and so hard for.

Springer...

Ya...well sometimes you need to turn into a lunatic to fight lunatics.

Being a calm and FACT searching boy scout only goes so far in life.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join