It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Now - that deserved a cookie

Unfortunately - I'm not in a position to hand them out

I see this country as a whole. I am sincerely...concerned - that many do not

Are we off topic do you think?

Alex Jones thinks I'm a bad American - am I?

:-)

If you are suggesting that it is ok for congress to pass a law that is unconstitutional without following the prescribed method of doing so, then YES, you ARE a bad American....

Jaden

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I watched it and thought Alex was too loud and agitated. He embarassed himself with his ranting and raving. He sounded even crazier afterwards saying he was stalked out of the CNN building. No wonder. I guess they booted him off not giving him his 3 segments as promised.

Although I have to side with Piers on the guns. Alex was correct about the antidepressant meds playing a role in society. Piers did brush that off and its true the pharma are main sponsors and that would be why. He just sounded loony how he said it. Had he been more reserved not shouting his head off, he might have made some valid points get taken more seriously. I really wish he could have got that out there more effectively. It was the most important point and he said it, but it got buried in the rest of his ranting. It seemed more like he was on some of these meds himself. He was so hostile. It was funny when he called piers a NWO whatever it was and mimicked his British accent.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
No, the second amendment doesn't have limitations. When they wanted to restrict the types of firearms in the past, they did it in a round about way, because they KNEW that it had no limitations. They applied a tax that must be paid to own certain types of firearms and made NOT paying that tax illegal.

All restrictions on firearms (even registration) are in violation of the Constitution. In the 20's they had to do a constitutional amendment to ban alcohol consumption and then another one to override that amendment. The only difference is that the growing police state agrees that weapons should be limited. That could be easily reversed though if push comes to shove. Essentially, whatever we need to defeat tyranny by the government is intended to be accessible to the people.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

The beauty of the US Constitution is that it is a living document which was written with the idea that in the future there might be reason to add to it, take from it and modify it.

And yet there are people who would shoot a beautiful thing dead and then nail it's hide to the wall

Beautiful post Chicago

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm

Originally posted by merkins

Originally posted by FellowTraveller
Hopefully Alex will put up a good show against Peirs. Not sure why any American would want some British guy telling them about politics. America and Britain have 2 completely different political systems, why let one tell the other how to run things...

That's such a dumb statement.

Firstly, human beings have the ability to study and learn. It's something we inherited from apes.

Speaking of "dumb" statements!

No not a dumb statement, but i think you were dumb to not see the meaning of it.

Maybe its the british humour but I was refering to the post implying that what would a foreigner know about our system. So I answered his ludicrous statement with another ludicrous statement that just so happened to make his wrong.

But thanks, point taken. I should really spell it out for non brits. We forget how incapable some non brits are at understanding the cleverer and more subtle sarcasm
should I do another smiley?

edit on 8-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
I fixed it for you...

Kudos to Alex Jones for being himself when faced with such a coward.

Anyone who refuses to listen, ignores other people, cannot control himself, cannot answer simple questions, cannot debate, sidesteps the subject and gets as angry as he does when he doesn't need to is a psycopath and letting him have his own show is just plain stupid.

An intimidating bully who makes the whole anti gun affair seem like a childish rant and does nothing for the cause.

Same old "me me me me" Piers.

Now it fits every other show that he has done, besides this one...

Good job you're not a plumber. Call that "fixed"?

Actually, I'm an electrician. And I just reversed the polarity...

Did you actually watch the interview or is this just a spoon fed kneejerk reaction? A.K.A. "The Alex Jones Reaction".

Yes. I watched it when it aired, and then played it over for my wife and daughter.

Yes, Alex was being Alex, which is why he needs to shut the **** up and actually STAND BY HIS COUNTRYMEN and debate the issue like an adult who posseses intelligence and at least a little common sense and courtesy. He does NO American any favours in the gun debate arena.

Last I heard, he gets paid, and paid well, to talk. But, considering his lack of experience in the TV arena, I can understand the dismay of some of those who watched. I thought it was an interview, not a debate? Isn't the interviewee supposed to do most of the talking, in an interview? It was about his thoughts and beliefs, right? And if the interviewer only poses leading and misrepresenting questions, then it becomes something else entirely. But, it still isn't a debate. And, last I checked, no one has elected AJ to represent anyone, in any arena, let alone that of gun ownership.

But NO, same old rant that achieves nothing but division and comedy.

I think he was trying to get as much information out as he could, in the time he had been alloted. But, yes! I did laugh quite a bit. As did my wife and daughter.

The day Alex Jones is taken seriously will be when he acts like a grown up and stops "BEING HIMSELF" which is a pathetic coward who is afraid of anything that doesn't fit snugly within his bubble. NOTHING is open for debate and he always considers he is right all the time. His arguments are obtrusive to say the least and he is almost incapable of answering a perfectly straight question.

He is the pinnacle of NOT being able to "DENY IGNORANCE" and I have never seen so many toys thrown out of a pram in such a short amount of time.

Regardless of who supports what in this interview, it was a wonderful show of self control from Piers and a very sad show of juvenility from Alex. He needs a pacifier.

You forgot the immaturity displayed by the lengthy attempt to imitate Piers' accent...

I take no sides here but I'd rather be in the presence of Mr Morgan than Mr Jones because debating against issues is FAR easier than debating against a personality with a blind ego and the latter leaves no room for progression....

All kidding aside, I would like to spend time conversing with both of them. But only in private and away from the cameras and microphones. It would be the only way that I could determine the "real" them. By getting them to disseminate their true character. And not the "in your face" persona that both utilize so well.

edit on 1/8/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
What if I'm using my first amendment rights to question my 2nd? :-) Does Alex Jones make you feel less afraid? Do guns make you feel safer?

You can question and debate all you like - you are now in fact. The moment that legislation is used to subvert the law of the land then people might start fleeing overseas to escape arrest though. It happened before with McCarthyism and it can happen again. To assume that all attempts to undo the right to bear arms are by well intentioned soccer moms would be naive. We have legitimate enemies and they want the US disarmed. That is the point in which people start wondering if the foreign enemies have in fact become domestic enemies.

Alex Jones doesn't make me feel less or more afraid. History and the comments by people that promote disarmament and then in other discussions suggest we kill so and so or eliminate so and so based solely on verbal disagreement does make me more afraid that we could see some very dark times ahead.

Guns make me feel safer, of course, because I know that if do get in to a situation I am not a guaranteed victim and that I have a fighting chance. It doesn't guarantee victory but it improves the odds.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Well..... if YOU really want me to spell it out for you in my own words then.... look at my post above this one.

And.... know that in my opinion...

A True American would uphold/defend OUR Constitution meaning live our life as FREE PEOPLE TO BEAR ARMS, yet not place our kids on drugs because they wont sit still in class. Our kids should be FREE from being MADE to take meds.... makes them a little crazy, ya know.

A True American defends the Constitution (like I do) against ALL enemies whether they be foreign or domestic.

Our Country has NEVER needed a fix the way it needs today. Too many people buying the entertainment/show the media/government puts on for us.

I applaud Alex Jones for being angry and standing up for US, the People, even when the People are still asleep.

I can appreciate the message, I endorse the message, I believe IN the message. I just wish there was a messenger that was not 2 cans short of a six pack is all. I believe in the Constitution, the federal government has zero right to make laws infringing on any of the Constitutional Amendments without successfully as you say getting a 75% majority to change the Constitution. One can be angry and still maintain thier composure.....just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I am from the UK but by no mean's biased as I can't stand Piers Morgan! I am quite happy for him to be anywhere on the planet expect back here! I would have been quite happy seeing Piers put in his place by Alex Jones or anyone else for that matter........

This said it was very disappointing....I can't honestly understand anyone who believe's that Alex Jones came out "on top" He played completely into Piers Morgan's hand's and gave him EXACTLY what he wanted! That makes Alex either a very stupid person...or someone capable of faking being a stupid person very well.....or someone who knew he was playing into Piers hands but couldn't control himself doing so because his pride and huge ego wouldn't allow him to stop.

His claims that violent crime in the UK as tripled since the ban on handguns back in 97 was pure bullcrap and he was quoting the UK tabloids and UK propaganda in an attempt to further his own argument....considering what he stand's for, I find this more than a tad hypocritical and I would say it should be a worrying sign to his fan's.

I have heard some very good things from Alex Jones in the past that I have actually agreed with and found a useful platform to do some of my own research....although i have always had to get past the fact that the way he conducts himself and talk's and his voice in general grates on me immensely! But I respect that people come from different places and cultures and may not act or express themselves in the same manner as me so I have always respected that.

But......

As for taking the mick out of Piers English accent and mocking it ....oh my! I actually cringed inside for Alex when he did this! What actually possessed him to do such an immature thing? My nine year old son is capable of more mature responses and self control !

I doubt he will lose any die hard fan's after this...but he already has a platform to stir those fan's up already.I would have thought from his perspective this would have been an opportunity to reach out to those he may not normally have the chance to. But I'm not sure I would consider this a success!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by ArcAngel
I don't know how all of the folks here feel about guns and our second amendment rights, but Alex Jones came off as a lunatic.

Nutshell.

The man is intelligent enough to hold a reasoned discussion, with the facts he had to hand.

Instead he came across extremely badly as a loud mouthed over opinionated thuggish moron.

And that's the issue here. If you're pro second amendment this guy acting like a poster child for the nut house really isn't doing you any favours - can you really run the risk of having someone coming across as borderline crazy as your advocate for gun rights?

If I could star this comment more than once I most certainly would.....you hit the nail right on the head. Like it or not an image needs to be had, if someone represents your views you damn well better believe that to people on the fence the image matters!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
AJ crashed the networks party in a way it's never happened before, and you know what, it's good to see people like Piers get told exactly what he should be told, face to face and on national TV.

I love it when he called Piers a hatchet man for the NWO and told him to go back to England to face the music
best 15 minutes of CNN I've ever seen.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

I didn't mean to be condescending...apologies for coming off like that!

Apology accepted :-)

Growing up with guns and people who know how to use them means nothing in the larger picture. So what?

Maybe it's statements like this that prompt that sort of thing:

2A advocates (true advocates) understand a deeper level of this issue.

But, maybe you're right. What is the larger picture?

You sound like you believe people that have strong support for the 2A are not interested in a better world.

Do I sound like that? :-)

No - I think I sound like someone that doesn't like being railroaded into agreeing that the 2A folks have all our best interests at heart - and that the rest of us just don't get how the real world works

Poppycock! We are working just as hard toward a peaceful planet as you are. We just maintain the means to stay a step ahead....just in case there is a wolf in sheep's clothing laughing at all the naivety among the "blinded by the light" crowd.

See? And I could totally tell you weren't being condescending that time

Thanks for looking out for us dumber-than-thous by the way - you're a sport

You mention compromise. What kind of compromise are you thinking about?

How about we remain armed to the teeth - but your average looney-tune shouldn't be able to put his or her hands on something that can kill bunches of people in seconds?

Since we can't prevent it from happening ever again, is it unreasonable to wonder how much less damage one would do with a lesser weapon? And what is the real need for these weapons? Our family, friends and country men in the armed forces suddenly turning against us? King George rising from the grave? The zombie apocalypse?

Muggers? Rapists?

Deer hunting? Rabbits? Skeet?

(Remember what the 2A is actually for before you answer.)

What is it actually for? Go ahead

:-)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

What is a TRUE American? == loaded questions for $200, ALEX!?

Although not asked, in my opinion, an American is anyone who is born in the United States or is a legal citizen holding a Social security number.The United States is like a huge melting pot, various nationalities and ethnicity's mix together like one grand tossed salad, and that creates America/American. Although I believe in this idea, some people do not appear to; they think someone with a different look or thoughts is a object of fear/hate due to their own ignorance and myopic view of the world.

I do not believe there is a physical list of characteristics that classify someone as American for all body shapes and colors have fought under the Stars and Bars believing in America's policies or feeling it is their patriotic duty, however you do not have to fight for something that is your birth right unless someone wishes to take it away from you; then you basically have two choices etc etc...... History will tell which country was right or wrong....maybe not, the victors usually write the history..so..strike that thought!!!..

Defending the flag and all those who died doing so is called "Patriotism" which has fallen out of the lexicon of many people today and they have their reasons for believing so..... that does not make them less American; it just makes them someone I care not to waste my time with..my choice.

Now, if Alex Jones truly believes in all the conspiracy stuff he speaks of, loves his children and believes the eugenic crowd is out to poison, kill, decimate, and dumb down the human race then I could see how he would be spring loaded to pissed off.

He lives eats and sleeps his show. He is on the air enough, no?.. and if he believes what he preaches (seems to from most appearances even when he is totally over the top) so I can understand how it would make him socially unacceptable to a chunk of the American public.

Kinda wonder how many he lost or gained for his Internet show after last night? I should check his sight and see if his followers commented on his CNN fiasco but I thought I would give it a day or two.....BUT OK LETS SEE WHAT HE'S GOT....160+ comments
160 Responses to “Alex Jones: Best Night of Television Ever....Talk about spin!! would hate to see him on a bad night...again my perception of the show....

from his web sight

[QUOTE]Generalissimo X says:

January 8, 2013 at 5:52 pm

alex looked like a stupid fat psycho idiot and if you don’t think so you need to put down the kool aid and get real. this appearance single handedly set back the liberty movement 20 years. what a complete asshole. you have facts, truth and reason on your side there’ no need to rant like an idiot. none. ventura absolutely destroyed piers, ditto pratt because they calmly and rationally defended their points. this isn’t how you debate or make your points at all. i was embarrassed for us all listening to him rant like a complete imbecile. jesus after 15 years at this you’d think he’d have some acumen and ability to defend his points. you had a major opportunity to really make people listen and you threw it all away like a ego maniac idiot yelling and making zero sense at times. [END QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Anonymous says:

January 8, 2013 at 5:38 pm

HEY, THERE IS CAUSE TO BE ANGRY ENOUGH FOR ALL OF US AND THEN SOME!!

I am sick of the replies all over these forums about how alex needed to calm down so more sheep will hear him. WOLVES DONT GO BAAAA. You need to shake awake those you love with RAW ANGRY TRUTH from your own mouths instead of relying on external influences.

You people that half agree with him in these little downtalk comments, ‘oh i wish alex had worn his NPR voice’ can go to hell. You need to make a PERSONAL effort to CONVINCE those you love that this man makes sense for a reason.

HE MAKES SENSE FOR A REASON. Humans, homo sapiens, know the truth when they hear it. [END QUOTE]

Glad to see it appears the comments are not being scrubbed/deleted if unfavorable. His supporters are supporting and the ones who don't, don't.

Good news, agree or not, he links and investigates many of the topics that are discussed right here on ATS...... Some will feed at his trough while others will hold their nose; time will tell...I thought his appearance sucked and came off as someone extremely angry ( in his mind he is)...Not a good way to win the hearts and minds of the people no matter if his info is right or wrong.. .

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Alex Jones doesn't make me feel less or more afraid. History and the comments by people that promote disarmament and then in other discussions suggest we kill so and so or eliminate so and so based solely on verbal disagreement does make me more afraid that we could see some very dark times ahead.

Guns make me feel safer, of course, because I know that if do get in to a situation I am not a guaranteed victim and that I have a fighting chance. It doesn't guarantee victory but it improves the odds.

there you go - and thank you ararisq

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The Constitution can be changed. However, the Bill of Rights were to stay the same, hence, "can not be infringed".

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

His claims that violent crime in the UK as tripled since the ban on handguns back in 97 was pure bullcrap and he was quoting the UK tabloids and UK propaganda in an attempt to further his own argument

I'm not familiar with the numbers (perhaps it's been already posted?) but what do the differing 'crime statistics' say, regarding if violent crime has maybe even doubled or increased at all there after the ban on handguns? And was the answer to the ban to put a camera on every street corner to keep people 'safe', since they could no longer use a gun in self defense. I hear they even now have big drop boxes for knives there, will it soon be a crime to own one? I'm betting their even going to go after forks sometime soon (they can be dangerous in the wrong hands). Heck even a plastic spork can be a dangerous weapon, perhaps will have to go back to eating with our fingers.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I mainly took two things away from this "interview":

1) I lost a lot of respect for Alex Jones.

2) I lost waaaay more trust for him. I don't think I need to elaborate here, the video and his attitude speak for themselves.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What exactly sounded ignorant?

Threatening a civil war
Threatening to beat Piers Morgan up in a fist fight
Calling Piers names
Not knowing statistics
Screaming
Making fun of Piers accent

On and on.....

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Now, if Alex Jones truly believes in all the conspiracy stuff he speaks of, loves his children and believes the eugenic crowd is out to poison, kill, decimate, and dumb down the human race then I could see how he would be spring loaded to pissed off.

I couldn't yet watch the vid, but if he came across as you describe then great, what a TRuly awake IMo American. I do like 'his' term End Game. Haven't seen that vid yet either (already have an idea though how it is 'supposed to play out/progress'), I really think it's great there are people out there on the waves just being who they are like AJ (as far as I know), still not sure even if he's himself not part of the bigger Agenda, in some fashion (who can you really trust these days) but can't fault the *info* he put's out. At least most of it Imho. It seems to me to be doing more good than harm for the causes of liberty, privacy, and the support for constitutional principles. All things, so many others it seems. are trying to destroy.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
reply to post by Logos23

His claims that violent crime in the UK as tripled since the ban on handguns back in 97 was pure bullcrap and he was quoting the UK tabloids and UK propaganda in an attempt to further his own argument

I'm not familiar with the numbers (perhaps it's been already posted?) but what do the differing 'crime statistics' say, regarding if violent crime has maybe even doubled or increased at all there after the ban on handguns? And was the answer to the ban to put a camera on every street corner to keep people 'safe', since they could no longer use a gun in self defense. I hear they even now have big drop boxes for knives there, will it soon be a crime to own one? I'm betting their even going to go after forks sometime soon (they can be dangerous in the wrong hands). Heck even a plastic spork can be a dangerous weapon, perhaps will have to go back to eating with our fingers.

Violent crime in England and Wales as decreased by 47% since 1995 and now remains pretty much static. If you were to ask me if i believed the ban on handgun's attributed to that significantly then my honest answer would be no not really. We never had much of a gun culture before the ban and the ban itself only affected a small percentage of the population. We didn't have much of a gun culture before the ban and still didn't after....prior to 1997 people in general didn't use or own gun's for protection anyway....so no answer to the ban was necessary.

I think it is a common misconception that guns where taken from us in the UK.....after the Dunblane massacre in Scotland which could be compared to the recent mass school shooting in the US there was a public outcry to ban gun's. All the ban did was to try to prevent another mass school shooting....it had the desired affect.
So as I say, we didn't have much of a gun culture or a problem with gun homicide rates before or after the ban.

I see no reason for you to mock the British people...it wasn't part of our culture to own gun's to feel safe prior to the ban....and since the ban we feel no less safe. I can tell you I feel very safe and don't worry about violent crime or intruders or my life being put in danger.

There isn't a camera on every street corner where I live in England...they are in town centres and shopping centres yes....but not on every street corner by a long shot.....again a common misconception. I accept in some places in England there may be more camera's than other's but it's not representative of streets up and down the UK.

I don't actually believe that a ban on gun's would solve the problem for America....but I dislike it when people use my country as a an example of a society gone wrong since a handgun ban....it quite simply isn't true.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join