It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg advising White House on gun legislation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Bloomberg advising White House on gun legislation

NEW YORK—New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg confirmed that his office has been advising Vice President Joe Biden as the White House considers new gun control legislation in the wake of last month’s deadly school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Bloomberg’s comments come after the Washington Post reported Sunday that Biden and a White House working group charged with coming up with new gun measures is planning a “far broader and more comprehensive” approach than previously anticipated in an attempt to curb gun violence.

"...far broader...more comprehensive..." Translation...more "feel-good" legislation that impedes on the rights of law-abiding citizens. I don't have much faith that the government is able to formulate gun legislation that makes sense and/or is effective at curbing violence.

...according to the Post, are universal background checks for firearm buyers, including tougher mental health examinations, and a more comprehensive effort to track the movement and sale of weapons through a national database.
The loophole between the sales of gun between private citizens may be looked at more closely?

“What we’ve got to do first is try to do everything we can to help Joe Biden,” Bloomberg said.
What makes Blooomberg such an expert. Believe me, I live in Upstate NY, we have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. Thank God I don't live in that hole we call NYC; a total drain on the rest of the State. But crime statistics in NYC will tell you that what Bloomberg is doing isn't doing anything to curb violence.

Bloomberg advising WH

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Why do New Yorkers keep voting for this elitist fool?
Banning drinks over 16 oz and other stupid laws, now hes an expert on Gun Control?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Why do New Yorkers keep voting for this elitist fool?
Banning drinks over 16 oz and other stupid laws, now hes an expert on Gun Control?

It's the goofballs living in NYC that elect him, not the rest of us. There is quite a difference in political views from those living in NYC and the rest of us in the State. NYC needs to drift away, or become its own entity like the District of Columbia.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Why do New Yorkers keep voting for this elitist fool? Banning drinks over 16 oz and other stupid laws, now hes an expert on Gun Control?

Why do people accept government telling them what to do at all? What happened to personal liberty? This is what you get. You may agree with what they are attacking in the early stages but later they'll come for your livelihood and you won't be so happy.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Bloomberg is a fascist all the anti gun crowd are fascists they all advocate for a police state then when "something bad" happens they all turn to the guys with guns.

For a group of people who love to quote Mao "all power comes from the barrel of a gun" they only want the police and government to have that power.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, I'll have my guns when "it all goes down." I've ensured that I won't need for anything. To be honest, I don't believe we will see too much change in the gun laws. This government is no longer capable of making real change. Congress is not invested in anything other than themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I am not so sure back when I thought this country had common sense I wouild have agreed but the current state of the union shows little common sense.,

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Bloomberg is a fascist all the anti gun crowd are fascists they all advocate for a police state then when "something bad" happens they all turn to the guys with guns.

For a group of people who love to quote Mao "all power comes from the barrel of a gun" they only want the police and government to have that power.

Hes also an egomaniac with a large head and big mouth. Takes himself very seriously though.

NY elected this guy and he should keep his fat yap shut on whats good for the rest of the nation. He must be trying to keep up with the left coast and Boxer, Pelosi and Feinstein er Nurse Ratchet. He must be grooming for the oval orifice.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Being a Jew you would think that he would be very pro-gun rights considering what happened to his people in Germany.

I often wonder how people can elect a freedom hating fascist into power. Are people really this stupid?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I am not so sure back when I thought this country had common sense I wouild have agreed but the current state of the union shows little common sense.,

New York and California are like the stinky arm pits on both sides of the body. The sounds they make is like when one arm puts its hand in the pit of the other and make farting noises. But thats all it is...noise made by escaping gases. Oh and their both broke.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Now we know why the DHS has been stockpiling ammo. Gun legislation has been planned for a while now and whether the school shooting was a setup or not doesnt matter, its a hell of a catalyst for new gun laws and the DHS and other agencies are preparing for a revolt.
I think we could take em though

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I often wonder how people can elect a freedom hating fascist into power. Are people really this stupid?

Think of the demographic of NYC and the programs available to them. Those politicians keep the poor poor, but give them just enough, which ensures their vote.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here's the kicker:

top topics

join