It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was not a NAZIR.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Jesus was not a NAZIR.

There is not way that Jesus could have conformed to the Nazir -- A Hebrew Monk who disconnected himself from worldy attachments and bathed in the all mighty --

www.2eden.net...

A Nazir or Nezirah of the Hebrew House of Israel, is a Brother or Sister who did Nazar (have taken the Nazir vow of Separation.

A Nazir or a Nezirah are both strict Monotheists who are devoted, consecrated, and separated from all worldly wickedness; and who are submitted (by way of the ancient Nazirite vow which is found recorded in -NUMBERS 6 of the Holy Bible), to the Will of The Most High.

Among the Israelites a Nazir or a Nezirah were sacred people whose separation to The Most High was most commonly marked by their uncut hair and their abstinence from wine. Originally, the ancient Hebrew Nazir and Nezirah were endowed with special charismatic gifts and normally held their status for life.

In John 2:1-11, Jesus makes Wine from Water, why would a Nazir commite such an act when it's against the teachings ?

Jesus is often to reffered to as Jesus of Nazereth (town i believe), why is this ? I have heard many times that the town of Nazereth did not even exist, if so, is this just a simply blunder, once again, from our Bible Scholars ?

I just came across this right now, and thought i would post it. This time i have a link

Deep

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Jesus is often to reffered to as Jesus of Nazereth (town i believe), why is this ? I have heard many times that the town of Nazereth did not even exist, if so, is this just a simply blunder

Jesus was born in Bethlehem but live in Nazareth, Galilee while growing up.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-10-2004 by kinglizard]

join