Ala. teen accused of plotting to bomb classmates

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

SEALE, Ala. (AP) — An eastern Alabama high school student faces an attempted assault charge after authorities say he planned to use homemade explosives in a terrorist attack on fellow students at his school.

news.yahoo.com...

WTH is going on with all these mass causality attacks as of late?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm with you on asking that too. It's not the weapons they choose... It's not specific circumstance. They're all unique to their own situations. The solution of 'kill 'em all' seems the only common factor. Where IS that coming from for a real world solution in any mind old enough to carry it out? It's so alien to me, I can't even "put myself in their shoes" to get context of their bad thinking. It's just.....crazy town. Something got them there though....?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Wondering if this individual was partaking of Big Pharms miracle drugs??? I am starting to see some very troubling connections, with Big Pharm and their pills being used by a lot of these troubled individuals.....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
In light of this attempted attack, the U.S. government should move quickly to ban and confiscate all chewing tobacco cans, and make it illegal for anyone to save these cans for any reason. America can no longer defend the right to own these dangerous cans. We must act now!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

he planned to use homemade explosives in a terrorist attack

Terrorist attack?... it is dangerous under the current NDAA to be so cavalier with our speech.

If we continue to allow this, then soon all crime will be terrorist related--break into a home,
you a home invasion terrorist---ran a stop sign, a domestic traffic terrorist.

We need to be careful what we allow into the lexicon or we are all going to find ourselves
labeled as insurgents and terrorists and locked up indefinitely.

Of course we could demand the government follow the constitution and make congress DECLARE WAR
or throw out the NDAA...but that ain't gonna happen

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Kids in Millington Michigan just before Christmas didn't even make the news and they were building the bombs !! I bet there's been plenty more that have been hushed up kinda like teen sucides.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
geez....people on this site should be able to figure this one out. how many other "fear", "end of the world", "no future left", "you're a loser" social websites, tv shows, radio programs, direct personal insults...before anger and depression take over.

we are so busy telling others what morons, and losers they are, and how the world is coming to an end, that we forget that there are people that actually take this crap seriously....and then....people wonder why there is so much anger, cruelty, crime, and death.....go figure

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

SEALE, Ala. (AP) — An eastern Alabama high school student faces an attempted assault charge after authorities say he planned to use homemade explosives in a terrorist attack on fellow students at his school.

news.yahoo.com...

WTH is going on with all these mass causality attacks as of late?

I find this a bit odd and interesting, as I remember someone on ATS not long ago speculating that the next school attack would be done with something other than a gun.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They teach the kiddies all about mass gun attacks in their 'violence prevention' classes. They make it look all cool 'n stuff, so one of them always starts fantasizing about it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Word JimmyX, This is why I like to say something nice to someone everyday even if it's a total stranger. Tell someone they are good looking if they are, tell em you liked their snappy comeback, whatever it is. Spread some love, not hate. It's hard for me as I admit to being a negative person generally. I don't like myself and I don't really think I'm worth much time but, being nice helps me take my mind off that.

You know why kids do stuff like this? There are two kinds of angry people in this world-people who internalize and those who explode. We all do both to an extent but one more than the other. I tend to internalize and eventually just blow up and bring my thermonuclear artillery out. That's what these kids are. They stew in their anger. They have no outlet and eventually *poof*. These kids need something or someone in life to get it out. Even just an anonymous tumblr account is better than nothing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I find it astonishing that people are amazed when a kid that is bullied, marginalized, insulted etc. finally lashes out with violence.

Want peace? Work for justice!

However it looks like this kid called himself a "white supremacists" and was targeting black students.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 7-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Well, looks like we need to find his family and tell em off. Most likely where he learned his hate from. Sad, sad,sad thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I hate the term "terrorism', but nothing fits the bill more than attempting to blow up a school.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You've got a new generation of kids that have always gotten whatever they wanted, they were raised online with no real world connections, all "gods of their reality," all thinking they would be superstars because they had 2000 myspace and facebook friends, all put on antidepressants with the side effects of violent and suicidal thoughts, and they are all realizing how the world doesn't cater to them and how real and out of control it is. They have no real access to mental health care, and it's only going to get worse.

Nothing to do with guns, not one single thing to blame.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I don't see how he was charged with assault though.
They found cans full of pellets with holes drilled in them, after a teacher found the kids journal, looked through it, and saw pictures that "looked like a terrorist attack" and had 6 peoples names listed. A shrapnel bomb isn't exactly the best way to target individuals.

I have to play devil's advocate and say, what if he was just up to mischief and making bombs to blow up in the woods. Kids used to do that all the time. Same thing that makes kinds want to play with fireworks makes them want to build "bombs."

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
you know, I was picked on, beat up, spit on, you name it, it happened to me as a kid growing up. We were one of the poorest families in the neighborhood, and my mother and stepdad had the rep of being the drunks of the neighborhood, in other words, white trash on Long Island NY. this was back in the 80's
Never ONCE did I EVER even THINK about killing anyone or blowing up the school. We just didnt think about doing that back then.
What did we do as parents, to fail our children, to make them think about doing these things?
Are we too busy in our lives to LISTEN to our kids?
Do we ignore our children, not see the warning signs that there is trouble?
We blame the kids when this happens, we blame the TV shows they watch, we blame the video games they play, but we dont put the blame where it rests upon, US, THE PARENTS.
Take timew to talk to your kids. If your normally outgoing child becomes withdrawn and angry, spends long amounts of time in their room, STOP AND TALK TO THEM. Dont just talk to them, GET INVOLVED with them.
Its easy to say we are too busy, gotta pay bills, gotta work, but OUR CHILDREN NEED US.

new topics
top topics

join