It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the evenings be getting lighter already ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I try to get 9 holes of golf in from 2pm - 4pm on some weekday afternoons when work is slow. Ive been rushing to finish at 4pm because it is usually to dark to see the golf ball by then. But it is getting lighter and I can play till 4.15 or later now.

Also I have noticed it a bit lighter in the mornings and although i hadnt said anything someone else commented only a few days ago.

Mid Winter is still a few weeks away so why is it getting lighter in the mornings and evenings ??

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Because we passed the winter soltice on December 21, 2012.

The days will continue to get longer until the end of summer.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The winter solstice was Dec 21. Days get longer until the solstice in June.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The days will continue to get longer until the end of summer.

Beginning...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
As the answers above. Im pretty sure the days get longer by 3 mins everday until mid summer. June 21st.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Winter solstice - fall - winter
Spring equinox - winter - spring
Summer solstice - spring - summer
Autumn equinox - summer - fall

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't use these letters much but they are warranted here OMG!

This thread is a classic case of

"I've had a random thought, rather than taking a few seconds to look up the answer I'll go to a forum, sign in and start a thread".

If I lived in your neck of the woods I'd seriously consider home schooling for my kids. I mean what do they teach kids there. I'm still in shock!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by paulmac
I try to get 9 holes of golf in from 2pm - 4pm on some weekday afternoons when work is slow. Ive been rushing to finish at 4pm because it is usually to dark to see the golf ball by then. But it is getting lighter and I can play till 4.15 or later now.

Also I have noticed it a bit lighter in the mornings and although i hadnt said anything someone else commented only a few days ago.

Mid Winter is still a few weeks away so why is it getting lighter in the mornings and evenings ??

It must be the illuminaters

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkins

"I've had a random thought, rather than taking a few seconds to look up the answer I'll go to a forum, sign in and start a thread".

If I lived in your neck of the woods I'd seriously consider home schooling for my kids. I mean what do they teach kids there. I'm still in shock!

I read so much bull# on ATS. I thought thats what these forums are all about, post random thoughts to get people discussing utter nonsense and wasting their time in answering nonsensical, whimsical, idiotic made up # so that people like you have something to do with your life.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

No No No No. too simple of an answer. There has to be something wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
ROTFL, wow. You sure you didn't get beaned by a golf ball? How does one not notice that Solstice was a few days prior to Christmas? And on this site, how does someone not put two & two together and notice that the Solstice & the fabled Mayan Doomsday were the same date, just mere weeks back? I can't say I'm mouth-agape shocked, but man, this is actually pretty funny considering the site content.

You know you're going to get jokes & dumbfounded remarks. Best you can do is laugh along with the crowd

edit on 1/7/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulmac

Originally posted by merkins

I read so much bull# on ATS. I thought thats what these forums are all about, post random thoughts to get people discussing utter nonsense and wasting their time in answering nonsensical, whimsical, idiotic made up # so that people like you have something to do with your life.

aaaah bless.

No this is an alternative news site. Random thoughts are for Facebook.

There's a clue to what this site is about and they have hidden it for you in the title. Above Top Secret. This isn't even Below Top Secret.

It may shock you but the shortest and longest days aren't a secret, nor is the length of a day nor the number of days it takes the Earth to orbit the sun.

But anyway bless you for making me laugh.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Question asked and answered....
Thread closed.

top topics

join