It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DRAGON FLYING IN CHINA ( No Real Dragon )

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by guohua

I'll compromise.

I'll visit the mountains, and toss my husband in the water.

OK. I'll toss my in next to your's

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Woh, very cool. These pictures look like they belong in the Lord of the Rings movies! Nice find. S&F

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Fabulous pictures and I understood your thread title so ignore those that feel its misleading.... some seem to deliberately try to provoke rather than enjoy.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by current93
Fabulous pictures and I understood your thread title so ignore those that feel its misleading.... some seem to deliberately try to provoke rather than enjoy.

Thank You so Very Much and I'm very happy you enjoyed the pictures and video's.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Some of you have asked me about the Dragon and the Chinese connection.
The Dragon plays a very large part in,our culture and in the resent past, the Dragon was part of our ever day life and how you may have lived your day to day life and possibly the goal for your families success and your standing in your village.

Let me try and give a little insight from what I remember from my younger days, what I was taught.

I can tell you the Chinese Dragon is often seen as a symbol of divine protection and vigilance. Not only does it have the ability to live in the sea but also fly up to the heavens and coil up on land in the form of mountains.
It is believed a Dragon can ward off wandering evil spirits and protect the innocent and bestow safety to all who carry its emblem.

Then you have what we call a Dragon Person, this person is self confident and impulsive and consequently does not always listen to the advice of others. They also are a perfectionist and sets high standards for themselves.

There is the Wooden Dragon person, they are creative, imaginative and inquisitive. This person is both a thinker and a doer and capable of brilliant new concepts.
The Fire Dragon is the most extroverted and competitive dragon. These types of people tends to push too hard and expects a lot from everyone. Their criticisms are objective and they also have the ability to arouse massive popular support.

The Earth Dragon is a quieter, more reflective dragon. They are very appreciative of other people's opinions even if they fail to agree with them. This person is reasonable and their leadership style is less dictatorial. ( Reminds me of my husband. )

I remember the Metal Dragon, My lest favorite of all the Dragon people. They are the most strong-willed dragon. This person is inflexible, unbending and combative. They have Little or No regard to the feelings of others. This ruthlessness can result in a rapid rise to a position of authority, but often at the cost of destroying important relationships.

My husband tells me I am the Water Dragon, This person is less selfish and opinionated than the other dragons. Their more inhibited and less power-hungry. They can accept defeat without recriminations. The Water Dragon makes a good negotiator since this person knows when, where and how to apply pressure when needed.

Chinese people showed great respect for any depictions of dragons. Dragon were part of the construction of their homes and in their paintings and clothing. The Dragon became the symbol of the Chinese Nation. All people in China, including the emperor, prostrated themselves before the image of the Dragon.
I hope this helps a little.
A Earth Dragon.

The Water Dragon.

edit on 8-1-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
When I was very young, we had a globe in our house, and my father always used to point to the places he'd been in China during WWII. (He was an American soldier.) On the globe, China was painted a dusty desert brown, so I grew up thinking in my mind that China was essentially a desert country.

I did learn differently as I grew older, but in the back of my mind, that (incorrect) desert image still lives.

When I see pictures like this, of this beautiful place, I am once again educated, and once again enthralled twice, first by the lack of desert my childhood imagination had seen China as, and second by the breathtaking beauty of this place.

Thank you so much for this amazing thread!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfbitch
When I was very young, we had a globe in our house, and my father always used to point to the places he'd been in China during WWII. (He was an American soldier.) On the globe, China was painted a dusty desert brown, so I grew up thinking in my mind that China was essentially a desert country.

I did learn differently as I grew older, but in the back of my mind, that (incorrect) desert image still lives.

When I see pictures like this, of this beautiful place, I am once again educated, and once again enthralled twice, first by the lack of desert my childhood imagination had seen China as, and second by the breathtaking beauty of this place.

Thank you so much for this amazing thread!

You're So Very Welcome and I want to Thank Your Father For His Service to My People during WWII.
You may be surprised to here this, But, Many, Many older Chinese remember the British, Australian and Americans of WWII and they are still Grateful for the Courage and Kindness those servicemen showed to a people that was very poor.
My father and mother both served and helped battle the Japaneses. My mother was a nurse in a Chinese field type hospital in Changsha, Hunan Province of China just south of their home city that was completely under Japanese control.
My father was part of a small group of Chinese combat engineer types plating mines and booby traps on roads and in buildings. He was wounded in the shoulder and thigh. That is how he met his wife, my mother.
My Dad will not talk about the war, he always just stares and starts to tear-up.

Sorry, I just would like very much if you'd Thank your Father For Us.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Breathtaking photos.
I showed my parents and I told them that we HAVE to go there.
So, so beautiful. What a country China!
Those are some of the most epic pictures I have EVER seen, thank you very much!
Thanks for the info about the dragon connection, nice one

You're the man!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaSpy2012
reply to post by guohua

Breathtaking photos.
I showed my parents and I told them that we HAVE to go there.
So, so beautiful. What a country China!
Those are some of the most epic pictures I have EVER seen, thank you very much!
Thanks for the info about the dragon connection, nice one

You're the man!

ParaSpy2012'

You're the man!

I am a woman, 100%.
You're Very Welcome and I do hope you go and visit China, you will find the Chinese people Very Friendly.
They also like very much to practice their English on you, mostly the school kids will come up to you and ask, You speck English?
Other than the round trip plane ticket, a one month visa is easy to obtain and not expensive.
You'll also find that four and five star hotels are not to expensive either and the restaurants and food are fabulous!

Please remember, if you do visit China, they do not supply Toilet Paper in their Public Bathrooms or on there trains either, bring your own wipes in your purse or what ever, but don't leave home with out it!

If you are planning on taking a sleeper train, ( yes, very inexpensive ) please be advised, no doors, not private rooms, beds made for Chinese people, short and narrow, ( My husband has to sleep with his feet in the passage way and on his side ) No private bathrooms and you have to Squat to use the toilet, No toilet seat

But you get to met a lot of nice people, Oh, yes, bring your own food and drink, there's no restaurant on board.
Yes, you can exit and buy food at the different stops and people will come on board at the stops to sell food.

Also, if it's just you and the misses' expect two others to join you, there are four bunks in each area and they fill all the bunks. Yes, your neighbors will be very curious of you and stare and point and try to communicate.
They kids will know English specking people are present from two cars away and be there to proudly demonstrate their English skills and translate for you.
My husband gets a Blast out of the kids, they always want to try on his shoes, he wears 14 EEE and he has very large hands. The kids just stare and want to shake his hand and try on one of his rings, which could fit three of their fingers.

Any way, thank you for the nice comments and I really hope you enjoy China some day.
I Love America and the Open Country and Really, No Crowds to speck of, even on a Holiday in the Mall is not as crowded as a common day on any Chinese Street or bus or store.
Never fear, if you do need to go to a store for supplies or womanly products or even cold medicine, there will be an attendant on each or every other isle to assist you and most speck English or know of someone there who does.
Yes, there is a McDonald's, Pizza Hut and Hooter's and other American restaurants, Yes even KFC!
YES, Chinese Love Pizza! ,

My husband like beer and chicken wings more than Pizza

I hope this helps.
guohua

edit on 10-1-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I am a woman, 100%.

Well then.....you're the woman!

You're Very Welcome and I do hope you go and visit China, you will find the Chinese people Very Friendly.

If they're as friendly as you, then I'm sure I'll have a good time

They also like very much to practice their English on you, mostly the school kids will come up to you and ask, You speck English?

I'll say "me speki ingli, but me speki spanioli even better"

You'll also find that four and five star hotels are not to expensive either and the restaurants and food are fabulous!

That's good. I would also like to try real Chinese food, in China. That would be an experience that I would enjoy very much.

Please remember, if you do visit China, they do not supply Toilet Paper in their Public Bathrooms or on there trains either, bring your own wipes in your purse or what ever, but don't leave home with out it!

Thanks for the heads up
I'll remember that one eh.

They kids will know English specking people are present from two cars away and be there to proudly demonstrate their English skills and translate for you.

That's very nice of them
Sounds like my kind of people.

Yes, there is a McDonald's

I don't do McDonald's. I like burgers, but maybe once a year

Pizza Hut

I love pizza, but not so much pizza hut. It's not bad, but I prefer Italian ones.

Hooter's

Hey, I wouldn't say no, but, I've only seen Hooter's in movies as I'm not American, I'm from South Spain

KFC!

Finger licking chicken eh? KFC is not bad either, but not my style of cuisine.
If I do go to China, I'll be eating Chinese food as much as I can.

Thanks for the comment and the vids

Excellent.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaSpy2012

I'm from South Spain

OH, My Goodness! South of Spain,,, OK, I am Very Sorry, but you will not find to many ( if any ) local's that speck your traditional language.
Your English is So Very Good, I just naturally assumed you speck English.
It would not be impossible,, many universities teach all languages.

Sense you are from another country then you understand how different regions of your country prepare foods differently. Like here in America, Chinese restaurants prepare their dishes Cantonese restaurant style.
Traditional Chinese food in my region of China, Beijing and north to my home of Harbin on the border with Russia and North Korea, prepared foods are more Spicy or Salty, This is Mandarin Chinese.

It is hard to explain. But remember Do Not Leave a Tip and your table. You have insulted the Chef and your waitress. You wish to pay the Chef a compliment, have your waitress or waiter ask for the Chef to come to your table. At that time with the help of a translator, Thank the Chef and explain how he or she has opened your eyes and filled your soul with Great Happiness. Then you may offer some yuan to your Chef and ask to include the staff that served you and brought so much Happiness to your family.
You'll more than likely eat for free!

Also remember, other than your largest cities, a Credit Card or Bank Card will not make your purchases in China, they deal in Cash!
You'll more than likely need to go to a Large Bank Branch to use your C/C's and that'll be to get cash.
Buses or any form of public transportation is Cheap and runs 24/7, taxi's a little more but not bad, just the size might bother you.
I hope this has been helpful.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join