It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DRAGON FLYING IN CHINA ( No Real Dragon )

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

You might check your antivirus program, I know the links are good.
Sorry you have a problem.
Just don't know what to tell ya

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Well if it upsets you that much, report me, it's only a thread about my home country, it's not a political thread or a thread on the discovery of a new vaccine.
The mountain is believed to be a sleeping dragon by many older Chinese. If that is going to cause you to lose sleep or upset your day. So, I edited the title so not to cause you any permanent damage or undo stress.
Feel Free To Report Me and My thread, if you haven't all ready.
Have a nice day and go read a thread that you understand.

If my politely informing you of the site policies causes you angst, then perhaps you should apply for a transfer to another forum. At this time, we're more interested in accurate titles than the overly emotional snubs you have to offer. We're interested in having you - or I am, at least - but rules are rules. Thanks for your consideration. Your homeland is beautiful.
edit on 7-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
WOW!!!!!!! What breath takingly beautiful photos!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing with us!

I'd still like to see a real dragon though.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Some of you may recall this:
One of the most popular tourist sites is called,Yellow Dragon Spring, You can take a cable car to see these beautiful mountains and I think it is so popular now because.

Yes, the Hallelujah Mountains in Avatar. In January 2010, it was renamed Avatar Hallelujah Mountain by the local government in honor of the film.

And to Reply to: AfterInfinity, OK, Sorry, but maybe I get a little testy in my old age.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
WOW!!!!!!! What breath takingly beautiful photos!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing with us!

I'd still like to see a real dragon though.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

Thank You for the comment, My Dear Friend.
It's been dead a long time according to the archaeologists.

Yes, the China dragon fossils was recently exhibited in the Xinwei Ancient Life Fossils Museum in Anshun, Guizhou.

Dragons have often appeared in Chinese legends. The dragon with two horns on its head is regarded as a totem. The totem was first invented by Chinese ancestors and worshipped by the Chinese people. Therefore Chinese people are also called the “descendents of the dragon”.

The dragon fossil was found in Guanling County, Anshun City, in 1996, and has been kept in a good condition. It is measured 7.6 meters long. Its head is 76 centimeters long and the neck is 54 centimeters long. The body is 2.7 meters in length and 68 centimeters in width, and the tail is 3.7 meters long.

www.weirdasianews.com...

Is it real?
I believe it is, but, I'm Chinese and our history is rich with stories of Dragons!

In China long ago, Excellent and Outstanding people are compared to the dragon while incapable people with no achievements are compared with other,disesteemed creatures, such as the humans.
A number of Chinese sayings or proverbs feature references to the dragon, for example: You might say, 望子成龍 "Hoping one's son will become a dragon" or "be as a dragon".

edit on 7-1-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2013 by guohua because: Spell Check

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Please post pictures of your Country and it's beauties, No, not just the women
This thread is not mine only, I would very much like to see your home land. I understand New Zealand is an exciting and beautiful country with many attractions.

OH, Scotland and Ireland, So old and green and those ancient castles and grave yards.
In China we bury our dead ancestors a little different that some cultures.

There are so many members here from other countries, please indulge us.
If not, I'll have to show pictures of what my home city is most famous for, after it's beer, Harbin beer.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Firstly, unfortunately I can't watch the video.
Secondly, the photos are enough for me to be awed by this place.
Thirdly, I'm gutted I didn't go there while is was living in shaanxi province.
Fourthly, annoyingly misleading thread title.
Fifthly xie xie for the photos which I might never have seen if you had named the thread properly.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Incredible photos. I knew China had some wonderful landscape but wow!

Great thread. Star and flag.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
OP can you clarify something for me?

In an earlier post you gave the impression that you looked out on a drop of 5,000 metres. Were you saying that, because if you were where do I book my ticket and how much is it to base jump?

5000 metres is an awfully long drop, more than half the height of Everest above sea level, and as far as I know higher than the drops on that mountain.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
reply to post by guohua

Firstly, unfortunately I can't watch the video.
Secondly, the photos are enough for me to be awed by this place.
Thirdly, I'm gutted I didn't go there while is was living in shaanxi province.
Fourthly, annoyingly misleading thread title.
Fifthly xie xie for the photos which I might never have seen if you had named the thread properly.

Thank you, I wish you could view the link.
As far as the title, I was trying to express that, flying over the back of the Dragon mountains in China with a Red Smoke trailing you and Red Para Wing Gliding suit to Chinese is, Dragon Flying in China.
I guess what some people that their primary language is English forget, is, their are contributors here that think in another language before they translate their thoughts to English.
Yes, I've lived in America for 10 years, but my primary language is Mandarin Chinese, some times I type it as I think it.
I wrote the title as I thought about it, in my language, that would be correct, because of our love of flying the color red and dragons.
Sorry to have disappointed so many readers.
MODS maybe you should close this thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
OP can you clarify something for me?

In an earlier post you gave the impression that you looked out on a drop of 5,000 metres. Were you saying that, because if you were where do I book my ticket and how much is it to base jump?

5000 metres is an awfully long drop, more than half the height of Everest above sea level, and as far as I know higher than the drops on that mountain.

Your cable car ride at, Tianmen Mountain is claimed to be the longest passenger cable car ride in the world, with a total length of 7,455 metres. To Base Jump,,, ME!!!! No Way, Ever, I'd need to paris of Depends On!

Tourists can walk on kilometres of paths built onto the cliff face at the top of the mountain, including sections with glass floors. An 11km road with 99 bends also reaches the top of the mountain and takes visitors to Tianmen cave, a natural hole in the mountain of a height of 131.5 metres

en.wikipedia.org...
I found these to help you.
I found this for you,

The distance between these starting points and the bottom of valley is 300-400 meters, with the highest 700 meters.

If my memory serves me well,,, ( I'm Old ) I thought the altitude marker on the wooden sheer cliff wall path we were on said 500 meters not 5000 meters, my mistake, and it was less but we were in the fog very high on our way to the natural cave hole.
If I was wrong, sorry, I'll have to ask my husband. But I hope you the scenery and taken the time one day to visit China.

edit on 7-1-2013 by guohua because: Spell Check

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

guohua
Thank you so much for posting the pictures and video what a simply beautiful place id love to go there some day just to view the wonder of this place..
guohua this thread should not be closed some people just like to bitch about nothing the title and thread are just fine in my eyes and its a wonderful thread you did a great job at presenting it S&F peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
A little disappointed with the lack of dragon, but the video made up for it.

I hate heights, and while I cant see me enjoying the cable car. The flying I would love to do. Definitely on my travel plans in the next few years.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thank You sugarcookie1, OH,,, I Love those Cookies
So Very Much

I wish that more people could see these wonders in person.
Look, my parents, born and raised in China, never been there until my husband and I took them, You just could not imagine the smile on their Faces,,,, 90 years old and kneeling and saying a pray and burning an incense to the Dragon God at Heavens Gate.

sugarcookie1, I see you wear the dragons Eye medallion or necklace and the Dragon perched on your left shoulder,,,Very Nice, does your spiritual guide remind you of the Dragon?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Lived in xian for a bit, went to a place with a temple carved into a cliff and there were narrow ledges to walk along like in your photos but that couldn't have been more than 100 metres. It was enough though, i trust nature but not man's engineering. I was too freaked to climb up and walk along it but all my local friends did. Jeez did I get grief for that or what!

Also your earlier point about translation. You're absolutely right. I hadn't considered that at all. Things that are poetic and beautiful in one language and culture can be ugly in another.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Thank You, Yes, it is hard at times to think only in English,,, When I'm Mad
It's All Chinese, My husband Laughs at me

Xian is a Beautiful city with a very rich history. Known as the eastern terminal of the Silk Road and the site of the famous Terracotta Warriors of the Qin Dynasty. More than 3,000 years of history including over 1,100 years as the capital city of ancient dynasties.

Anyone who cares, can read more about this famous city here.
hua.umf.maine.edu...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
OK, no-one has posted pictures from their Countries, Soooooooo, I'll bore you some more with pictures of my home city.
Harbin, China. ( The Ice City ) Known for it's Winter Festival and it's Beer.
The average winter is,

January is the coldest with the lowest temperature dropping to -38 C (-36 F), while it is just 20 C (68 F) on average in summer. The city can be visited at any time, especially from July to September and from December to January.

www.travelchinaguide.com...

Yes, those are blocks of ice.

OK, I did, I Warned You,,,, More pictures,,, Please let us see your's.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Beyond beautiful, OP.

Just added another number to my bucket list.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Beyond beautiful, OP.

Just added another number to my bucket list.

Thank You smyleegrl,, You want to see the mountains or swim in the river of ice?

I'd take the mountains too

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I'll compromise.

I'll visit the mountains, and toss my husband in the water.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join