It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with "desktop" subwoofers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have some fairly decent Companion 2 Series II speakers from Bose. Don't get me wrong, they sound very nice and were pretty cheap considering their quality. It hits the highs and lows adequately, but honestly I wish the lows would hit a little bit lower, if you know what I mean. What I like about these particular speakers, beside how they wound, is that they work nicely with a desktop computer and laptop, so they aren't some "home surround sound system" or anything that takes much time to set up when going form place to place... They are able to connect to an xbox with the extra (RCA?) cable in the back which is also nice.

Here is where I need help.

I want to add a subwoofer, not replace my sound system if that makes sense. I was wondering
1: is this possible?
2: what do I need to make it work?
3: can I do it without spending more than ~$150?

Please, anyone with knowledge in this area, I need some direction!
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

They have a built in amp,right?
www.google.co.uk...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=92042 40441844510111&sa=X&ei=j_nqUJ_2N7KW0QXzuYCwAw&ved=0CEoQ8wIwAA

May be tricky to add a subwoofer,unless they have a connection specifically for that.
Most PC subwoofer systems already have their own speakers with them,and their own amp.

I guess you could do something if you connected your PC up to a mixer,and then used the mixers speakers socket for a bass tube..
Hmm.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Unfortunately to do things the right way you will need a new speaker set.
Bose does have speakers with a sub.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yeah the speakers themselves aren't bad, as I said the lows are pretty god. They just aren't quite comparable to what subwoofers generally do. No matter though. I decided that the best course of action was to just call Bose and see what my options were. I will have to get a new set unfortunately, but I got a new set at a decent price that should be exactly what I need. 240 shipping included plus I'll sell my old set for 50, so I just barely overpayed
('specially since the set I got are normally 300)

top topics

join