It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House GOP Looks To Abolish IRS, Replace Income Tax With Consumption Tax

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Making the government 100% dependent on consumption tax would absolutely destroy the middle class. The majority of the nation spends most of their money - the richer among us spend a much lower percentage of their money - after all, even if you're eating filet and lobster every night for dinner, you're not going to spend 1000x as much on food simply because you earn 1000x the average.

You're saying a forced income tax is somehow better than a voluntary sales tax for the middle class and that makes NO sense whatsoever. If anything, it gives the middle class an opportunity to keep the money THEY EARNED and decide where they will put that money instead of the government inefficiently deciding where they will put that money (and it usually all goes to WASTE, like paying defense contractors who charge $400 for a gallon of gas in the middle east).
edit on 9-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I am hoping you do some research as to who is liable for the income tax. If you are not liable, you do not have to pay it. Some people have a good time with this. They have gone down to their local IRS office with their checkbook and told the IRS person there that they would be very happy to pay all their taxes right now, on the condition that the IRS person can show them the LAW that makes them liable for the tax. They don't have it. They can't show it.
The income tax is only FORCED on those who are LIABLE for it and refuse to pay it. I did not refuse to pay it. I used THEIR rules to become NOT LIABLE for the income tax. I am "without the US", which is external to the Federal Corporation known as United States. I'm guessing you are "within the US" which is internal. Heh, INTERNAL Revenue Service. For those "within the US". Go to the IRC and check for yourself to see who is LIABLE. It tells you.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
While researching this topic i found a web page that appears to be a direct result of what we've been hearing lately. I cant make new topics yet as i have until now had no need to post or even have an account, so if someone wants to start one to discuss this link feel free, I already tried to.

generalpost.biz...

I cannot yet verify the authenticity of the site, however by looking at their claims and how long the site has been there I strongly believe that if TPTB were to have any legal recourse available it would have happened by now.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterOfTheDamned
While researching this topic i found a web page that appears to be a direct result of what we've been hearing lately. I cant make new topics yet as i have until now had no need to post or even have an account, so if someone wants to start one to discuss this link feel free, I already tried to.

generalpost.biz...

I cannot yet verify the authenticity of the site, however by looking at their claims and how long the site has been there I strongly believe that if TPTB were to have any legal recourse available it would have happened by now.
General Post is a small part of the whole picture. Activate your comments in your "Member Profile Overview " page. I'll send you a link that covers General Post and all the other stuff people aren't aware of that binds them to Corp US. Good to see you are uncovering more lies. TPTB have no legal or lawful recourse when we do things properly.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by dogstar23
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Making the government 100% dependent on consumption tax would absolutely destroy the middle class. The majority of the nation spends most of their money - the richer among us spend a much lower percentage of their money - after all, even if you're eating filet and lobster every night for dinner, you're not going to spend 1000x as much on food simply because you earn 1000x the average.

You're saying a forced income tax is somehow better than a voluntary sales tax for the middle class and that makes NO sense whatsoever. If anything, it gives the middle class an opportunity to keep the money THEY EARNED and decide where they will put that money instead of the government inefficiently deciding where they will put that money (and it usually all goes to WASTE, like paying defense contractors who charge $400 for a gallon of gas in the middle east).
edit on 9-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

So the poor are going to have to buy everything USED to NOT pay a tax if they are border-line poor? I am talking about the lower middle class! Does not sound like a good idea to me at all.

As for the rich they might end up paying a bit more than they are used to, but it would still be pocket change compared to an actual progressive taxation system that was properly enforced. Sure we have such a system now but the income brackets are heavily skewed against the middle class and the dollars collected from the rich is not easily enforceable; there are too many tax incentives and fraudulent loopholes.

I am not suprised the republicans are thinking about this. Anything that rips off the middle class and eternally protetcs the rich is good for them.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join