It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House GOP Looks To Abolish IRS, Replace Income Tax With Consumption Tax

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm already income tax exempt. I wonder how this would affect the way I do things.
Hopefully, this would do away with the status of US citizen/person. If they do away with the IRS who would do the bookkeeping and collection for United States Inc? I suppose they could just zero out the books and start over but that wouldn't get rid of the corporation that is holder of the property known as US citizen. We'll have to wait and see.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-1-2013 by Bildo because: typos

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It wouldn't be quite so bad if people were taxed as little as corporations are.

Corporations get taxed on the net income they have left over after all their expenses and investments.

I'd be less reluctant to pay tax, if it was on my net income after the rent, car costs, food, utilities, health and sundry necessary expenditure.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The fairtax will never pass, even though it is exactly what we need. Get rid of all other taxes(at the federal level) and implement this system. No irs, no obama care tax, it can all be gone. It would be the biggest shift of power going toward the people and away from government since the articles of confederation after the American revolution. Our politicians will never allow it to pass.

You're right, they won't let it pass. Unless they have some other dirty plan up their sleeve.
You don't have a lawful government. It's a corporation. Your politicians don't represent you. They are only trustees for the US bankruptcy of 1933. United States is a foreign-owned, bankrupt corporation that rules over it's subjects--US citizens. I got out. I'm an American again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
bill gates made 208,333,000 million dollars a day in 2011, if he spent 2,000 thousand dollars everyday of the year to live on, that's all he would be taxed on. the other approx. 207,000,000 million dollars a day, everyday, no taxes!....sweet deal
edit on 7-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

are you serious? i just did some googling and apparently he has a lot of his info on the net!

He spent (before) $30,000 a month on electricity alone, in his house! I bet he's spent more money on that than everything in your house.

www.electricsubmeter.com...

edit on 7-1-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This would be great but you simply cannot trust Washington, ever. They would sell a consumption tax by promising to do away with income tax, then we would end up with both.

NEVER agree to ANY tax willingly.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The Communist Manifesto - plank number 2:

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

The Communist Manifesto

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
All a consumption tax would do is hurt the poor/middle class. As you can see it already does with the sales tax, which is a consumption tax.

It wouldn't affect rich people as much because they have more money to spare.

Not fair at all. GOP keeps playing it's fan base like a fiddle and they keep buying it for whatever reason. Even when it's directly against their own interests.

edit on 7-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
you should only be taxed once.

say you buy a car, you get taxed.

but then sell that car, the person buying it is taxed again and so on.

once you buy a product or service and it was taxed, that should be the end of it.

any income or profit you make should be yours and since the buyer is buying something that has already been taxed, it isn't fair to be taxed again.

america seems to be taxing people, not the products or services or income.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Mega rich using US banks to hold their money? haha best one I've read today. We just need massive cuts; this funny thing happened during one debate...Romney; the government doesn't create jobs...Obama the government doesn't create jobs. Um; so there is no such thing as federal employment? Sure when you are paid with taxes...I suppose; but that pay goes back into the private sector...but it is still a job, created by the government, who created the military and every other government institution? Government. So; yeah...think about that.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The fairtax will never pass, even though it is exactly what we need. Get rid of all other taxes(at the federal level) and implement this system. No irs, no obama care tax, it can all be gone. It would be the biggest shift of power going toward the people and away from government since the articles of confederation after the American revolution. Our politicians will never allow it to pass.

so...if a person makes 10 million a year, but only spends 1 million a year...he is taxed on 10% of his income
and...if a person makes 50 thousand a year, and spends 45 thousand...he is taxed on 90% of his income

I see where you are trying to go with this, but is the 45K really necessities? The guy making 10 million a year needs the same necessity as the guy with 50K a year: food,water,shelter,etc. So if you want to stick it to the man just buy the necessities and skip the 85" OLED tv coming out this year. Hence the real reason why they will never let this pass. The coporate gov't / economy that we have needs to have good spenders and not savers in order to survive.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

bill gates made 208,333,000 million dollars a day in 2011, if he spent 2,000 thousand dollars everyday of the year to live on, that's all he would be taxed on. the other approx. 207,000,000 million dollars a day, everyday, no taxes!....sweet deal
edit on 7-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

Yea. Imagine that. He has a right to retain the fruits of his labor, not the government.

I worry less about how someone else is taxed, and more about how I am taxed. It is my mentality of not worrying about everyone else.

What is right is right. Even if you do the logic behind it and find that it may not work out so well for you. Right is still right.

Lets quit talking about what if's. Get some real data.
Once you see how the wealthy purchase items as tax shelters, then write off the losses as "depreciation", you will see that the simple scenario you are putting forth doesn't play out.

LOL, like Bill Gates would live on 2k a day.
edit on 7-1-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

While poor suckers have to pay taxes on 100% of the money they come across every year!

Sounds very fair to me

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here in Australia we got the 'Goods and Service Tax' about 10 to 15 years ago. When it was implemented it did abolish about 15 to 20 other taxes at the time, but income tax was not one of them and still remains. Basically, if your business turns over more than $75 000 per year then you are required to account, receive and pass on monies on behalf of the tax department, 10% of the transaction with some exceptions on essential items.

With the US National debt something needs and will be done one way or another. At the moment this massive debt is giving the banks massive amounts of spending money as it is leveraged in the markets. This does cost the public heaps as tax revenue is having trouble just covering the interest repayments. How the pool of money generated from a consumption tax is managed and spent will be another big argument, as it does centralize a lot of power that can be used for good, evil or just wasted.

In thinking and discussing this matter do not just think about the direct impact on you, but also the impact on your country and the rest of the world. Until things happen there are still options.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
the wealthiest person I have ever met got his first several billion by finding some tax loopholes that could be claimed in arrears on behalf of an entire industry. he has the kind of power that is scary.

I can guarantee you that people who are like him....they will guarantee that this doesn't happen. And if it does, it will be rigged in their favor. As we have seen in recent years, it is corporations who get our write our laws. Corporations such as the richest man I have ever met.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

The Communist Manifesto - plank number 2:
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
1 & 3-9 I believe are done, too.
I'd say all the planks are laid. Just need the dick-tater.
Oh, that's right, HJR 15, I believe it is, should take care of that pesky voting problem. No more two term presidency. The Servant and his family get multi-million $$ vacations for life. Sounds like a King, oh wait......
Happy July 4th Independence Day.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This would only tax you on new purchases. Give incentive for businesses to move their factories back here, creating more jobs. Force illegals to pay tax. Poor people are exempt. And best of all, I see all my $$ in my check every week. This is way too smart, which is why it will never be passed.
edit on 1/7/2013 by maddog99 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I recorded a UCC-1 Financing Statement. Gave my employer a copy. I pay no income tax. I'd be willing to bet that Bill Gates, and those in the uber-rich category, did the same thing. Their corporations can write off expenses, and if they themselves are tax exempt, that would be quite a wind-fall. The only way to stop a "rich guy" is to not buy what he produces.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Bildo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Some states ALREADY pay consumption tax - Texas for instance. We pay 8.25 percent on every dollar we spend, except for food and medicine. We also pay taxes on all utilities and all services. A consumption tax would tax everything at 20 percent or more in this backassard state! People will stop buying. The economy would fail. Yeah! Great idea, let's collapse the economy!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bildo

You retained your job after filing the notice of a lien against your employer? Interesting.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The IRS will never be abolished because they are the collection agency for the FED. The dirty little secret that the vast majority of Americans are unaware of is that every dime collected by the IRS goes to the FED and not to run the country.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

The FairTax Act, from Rep. Rob Woodall (R-Ga.), would abolish the 16th Amendment, which was ratified 100 years ago this February. That amendment gives Congress the power to impose income taxes without having to spend the revenues evenly among the states.

this is really big news right here.
it is in line with the closing of the fed and nesara [the real one] and the one peolple's trust and the vaticans' problems hinted in the news.

RIGHT ON !!! ATS IS WAKING UP TO THIS

I recall hearing about the fairtax back in 2005. I've been hooked to the concept ever since! It has been heavily researched since 1995, and has over 70 economist who have endorsed it. However, I don't see the IRS going away that easily. It would take some srs dedication by the republicans, and at this point, they would have to have democrat votes to enable its passage (at this point).

However, I will say this, the fairtax being openly debated like this as a possible part of the republican party platform is a HUGE development compared to where we were on this debate way back in 2005. So that is a positive imo. It looks like some people are beginning to look into it a bit more. Which will go a long ways in giving essential support.
edit on 7-1-2013 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join