It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House GOP Looks To Abolish IRS, Replace Income Tax With Consumption Tax

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well i'm not a fan of paying any kind of a tax, but it seems to me that doing away with the IRS could only do some good. Here is the link to the full article. I'm hoping my ATS brothers and sisters will give me their take on this. All opinions welcomed.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The fairtax will never pass, even though it is exactly what we need. Get rid of all other taxes(at the federal level) and implement this system. No irs, no obama care tax, it can all be gone. It would be the biggest shift of power going toward the people and away from government since the articles of confederation after the American revolution. Our politicians will never allow it to pass.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The FairTax Act, from Rep. Rob Woodall (R-Ga.), would abolish the 16th Amendment, which was ratified 100 years ago this February. That amendment gives Congress the power to impose income taxes without having to spend the revenues evenly among the states.

this is really big news right here.
it is in line with the closing of the fed and nesara [the real one] and the one peolple's trust and the vaticans' problems hinted in the news.

RIGHT ON !!! ATS IS WAKING UP TO THIS

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
it seems to me the only way this could work is a cut in government spending.........which is no where in sight. but hey, you never know.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The fairtax will never pass, even though it is exactly what we need. Get rid of all other taxes(at the federal level) and implement this system. No irs, no obama care tax, it can all be gone. It would be the biggest shift of power going toward the people and away from government since the articles of confederation after the American revolution. Our politicians will never allow it to pass.
from the article it appears that a few are trying to get behind it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
smoke and mirrors. itll never happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is awesome. I hope it passes.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

so...if a person makes 10 million a year, but only spends 1 million a year...he is taxed on 10% of his income
and...if a person makes 50 thousand a year, and spends 45 thousand...he is taxed on 90% of his income

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

so...if a person makes 10 million a year, but only spends 1 million a year...he is taxed on 10% of his income
and...if a person makes 50 thousand a year, and spends 45 thousand...he is taxed on 90% of his income

The notion that my INCOME is taxed is absurd. The concept of taxation that our nation was founded on was the taxation of commerce.

If I choose to invest 50k, I am taxed on that income once, then taxed on the dividends annually. Why should my investment become a revenue stream for the government?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

The notion that my INCOME is taxed is absurd. The concept of taxation that our nation was founded on was the taxation of commerce.

If I choose to invest 50k, I am taxed on that income once, then taxed on the dividends annually. Why should my investment become a revenue stream for the government?

because the dividends are not part of the 50K, you only pay tax on the income (dividend) from your investment
edit on 7-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A flat tax on all financial transactions between companies and between a company and a private citizen, without any exceptions, will finally get at the massive underground economy. People being paid under the table, drug dealers, etc all have to but clothes, food, gas, etc at some point.

It also makes the 51% of the citizens not paying ANY income tax because they make below the taxable threshold when they file their taxes, pay the same taxes as a billionaire. Fair share taxation.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Tax all financial transactions. The $10M a year earner must move that money in some way other than stick in under a mattress.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
A flat tax on all financial transactions between companies and between a company and a private citizen, without any exceptions, will finally get at the massive underground economy. People being paid under the table, drug dealers, etc all have to but clothes, food, gas, etc at some point.

It also makes the 51% of the citizens not paying ANY income tax because they make below the taxable threshold when they file their taxes, pay the same taxes as a billionaire. Fair share taxation.

so how much tax would bill gates have paid in 2011, with this type of income
www.salary-money.com...

and what if he spent most of the year living and spending his money in aruba, st.barts, sychelles, etc....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Tax all financial transactions. The $10M a year earner must move that money in some way other than stick in under a mattress.

how can you insist on taxing all financial transactions, when there isn't any? what "movement of money" are you talking about? and how would it be taxed?...and at what rate?
what if he recieved the entire 10 million in cash, how would you keep track of it for taxing purposes?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

If you know anything about how the very wealthy invest their money in tax shelters, you would realize how absurd that is.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
bill gates made 208,333,000 million dollars a day in 2011, if he spent 2,000 thousand dollars everyday of the year to live on, that's all he would be taxed on. the other approx. 207,000,000 million dollars a day, everyday, no taxes!....sweet deal

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

bill gates made 208,333,000 million dollars a day in 2011, if he spent 2,000 thousand dollars everyday of the year to live on, that's all he would be taxed on. the other approx. 207,000,000 million dollars a day, everyday, no taxes!....sweet deal

Yea. Imagine that. He has a right to retain the fruits of his labor, not the government.

I worry less about how someone else is taxed, and more about how I am taxed. It is my mentality of not worrying about everyone else.

What is right is right. Even if you do the logic behind it and find that it may not work out so well for you. Right is still right.

Lets quit talking about what if's. Get some real data.
Once you see how the wealthy purchase items as tax shelters, then write off the losses as "depreciation", you will see that the simple scenario you are putting forth doesn't play out.

LOL, like Bill Gates would live on 2k a day.
edit on 7-1-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I do not usually put too much stock in the NESARA nonsense, but coincidentally, shutting down the IRS is #2 thru #4 on the following list from THIS THREAD

NESARA implements the following changes:
1. Zeros out all credit card, mortgage, and other bank debt due to illegal banking and government activities. This is the Federal Reserve’s worst nightmare, a “jubilee” or a forgiveness of debt.
2. Abolishes the income tax.
3. Abolishes the IRS. Employees of the IRS will be transferred into the US Treasury national sales tax area.
4. Creates a 14% flat rate non-essential new items only sales tax revenue for the government. In other words, food and medicine will not be taxed; nor will used items such as old homes.
5. Increases benefits to senior citizens.
6. Returns Constitutional Law to all courts and legal matters.
7. Reinstates the original Title of Nobility amendment.
8. Establishes new Presidential and Congressional elections within 120 days after NESARA’s announcement. The interim government will cancel all National Emergencies and return us back to constitutional law.
9. Monitors elections and prevents illegal election activities of special interest groups.
10. Creates a new U.S. Treasury rainbow currency backed by gold, silver, and platinum precious metals, ending the bankruptcy of the United States initiated by Franklin Roosevelt in 1933.
11. Forbids the sale of American birth certificate records as chattel property bonds by the US Department of Transportation.
12. Initiates new U.S. Treasury Bank System in alignment with Constitutional Law
13. Eliminates the Federal Reserve System. During the transition period the Federal Reserve will be allowed to operate side by side of the U.S. treasury for one year in order to remove all Federal Reserve notes from the money supply.
14. Restores financial privacy.
15. Retrains all judges and attorneys in Constitutional Law.
16. Ceases all aggressive, U.S. government military actions worldwide.
17. Establishes peace throughout the world.
18. Releases enormous sums of money for humanitarian purposes.
19. Enables the release of over 6,000 patents of suppressed technologies that are being withheld from the public under the guise of national security, including free energy devices, antigravity, and sonic healing machines.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It is my opinion that since the passing of the 16th amendment goverment has become less productive and more destructive of the personal wealth of this country than any forien power that we have ever fought or will fight.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

i'm not saying you're wrong, but i am saying i really don't understand why you're saying this. would you please explain. it makes me feel stupid, but i just don't understand.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join