It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned Wooden Miracles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
awesome thread!

what a house !

by the size of the trees that have grown in, i'd say the place has been empty around 20 years or so

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Part of me wants to live in and restore that beauty. The other part gives me the feeling that something dark exist within in. An ornate wooden home built in a remote area, abandoned and nobody knowing why it was built...

I can see some entity wandering within its halls ready to drive the new occupant to mental instability.

I like this post. I as well wonder if just a part of me would be a tiny bit afraid to lodge within this place overnight by myself... Say on a windy rainy night, wolves howling. I'd be more prone to bring a partner and a case of champagne. Do it Doctor Zhivago style

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
We visited some wooden ornate houses like this when I was in Russia. There is a preserved town but I can't remember it's name. Suffice to say the Russian are very proud of them.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

I once bought a house mostly because of the antiquated style and effects. Every time I go into a house or home that is older, I love seeing all the things that proof it's age. I'm talking everything, from the woodwork, design, style, handmade rugs and the old toasters. It's just incredible, they're still operative, beautiful and pretty much efficient. The nooks and crannys, the layout of the rooms, just trying to think of how the homeowner must have felt living there. I just love it.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am drooling at that link!

I love buildings like this!! Beautiful wood work! You so don't see this anymore in architecture.

I can see how each room would look if restored. I love how even the ceilings had detail unlike today's white ceiling.

This would be a beautiful place to restore, the first one in the series of pictures. I wonder if it's even salvageable. Imagine the kind of bed and breakfast you could turn this into!

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Of course the fact that it is still standing and in such good condition is a testament to the craftsmanship.

Nowadays you hear contractors using terms like "blow and go" when it comes to their "craftsmanship". Get it done as fast and cheap as possible. Makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Of course the fact that it is still standing and in such good condition is a testament to the craftsmanship.

Nowadays you hear contractors using terms like "blow and go" when it comes to their "craftsmanship". Get it done as fast and cheap as possible. Makes me sick.

True, and sad.
On top of that, true craftsmen find it difficult, at best, to find work because no one wants to pay the price for quality and beauty that will last.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
A vacation home? a retreat? a hide away? whatever it was it sure is a one of a kind home.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

What a disturbing place! I always found Christianity particularly morbid but that place really tops them all!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonl1983

Why do you find it morbid?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Such a cool house. It's sad how craftsmanship has gone down. My grandmother lived in a stone house built in the 30's. The Living room was done in Knotted Pine and the rest of the house was done in hand carved hardwood. It was very beautiful and highly detailed. Nothing like the house in the OP, but it's sad to see that craftsmen don't take as much pride in their work anymore.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

wow id buy that. even as is, it looks fantastic. i love the gingerbread type houses. always so ornate and lots of detail. who ever it was must have been pretty wealthy the rooms are huge.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
That is a Fantastic looking house, Thank You for the pictures, just Beautiful!
S & F

edit on 8-1-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Primo Find!
Thankyou.

S&F

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
BABA YAGA'S HUT!

It's the Slavic equivalent of a gardinel - a house all alone in a forest.

You go in, but you don't come out, a gardinel is actually alive, and imitates a house to toll in the unwary traveler, and once you get in there, it kills you and digests your body. Sort of like a pitcher plant for people.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Day 7 of the tenth month. The abode of which I spoke fondly of in past entries creaks and moans unnaturally at night, though, there is no wind... My instinct to survive the bitter cold in this desolation is dulled by a fear that lies not in the harsh Russian winter, but a presence within these mottled walls. The dampness surrounds my very soul... (author unknown/ Journal found within the Gingerbread house)

!!!

edit on 8-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
varandej.livejournal.com... Khokhlovka 24 kilometers from my home in Perm architectural ethnographic museum without a single nail

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

i thought it was cool until i found out why they are there 8o(

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What a beautiful place, many thanks for posting.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join