It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada, IdleNoMore, Bill C-45,,, Gotta take our world back...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecludedGamer
i was almost ready to agree with the first nations untill i found this

Scathing federal government audit dismissed by Attawapiskat Chief Theresa Spence as ‘distraction’

OTTAWA — In her 28th day of a hunger strike, Chief Theresa Spence shrugged off as a “distraction” a scathing federal audit that shows the Attawapiskat band council failed to keep basic records for how it spent more than $100 million in federal funds.
m.thestar.com...

full audit can be found here. im calling fraud by first nations.

www.scribd.com...
edit on 8-1-2013 by SecludedGamer because: (no reason given)

Finally someone on this thread has seen the proverbial light.
Misuse of our tax dollars in endemic in FN society, as is a reluctance of police to enforce the laws.
The blockades, and destruction of property by native "protesters" (more like agitators) gets completly ignored.
There are two sets of laws in Canada, one favoring FN, the other for those paying the bills.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Quoop

Uh.. what? Jewish people have a whole country, are allowed to have secret nukes, and live free on billions in aid from other countries. That is a result of the holocaust. Some black people were entitled to reparations, but they did get a bum deal. Indians also got a raw deal, they are shuttled onto bits of land with small benefits after. They had a country stolen.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Scathing federal government audit dismissed by Attawapiskat Chief Theresa Spence as ‘distraction’

OTTAWA — In her 28th day of a hunger strike, Chief Theresa Spence shrugged off as a “distraction” a scathing federal audit that shows the Attawapiskat band council failed to keep basic records for how it spent more than $100 million in federal funds.
m.thestar.com...

www.scribd.com...

Well, maybe the corporo-politicians like Theresa Spence have learned from the best (or worst as the case may be). A true native american shares what they have, equally. It is/was actually considered to be a form of psychosis if you gathered perceived wealth or things to yourself at the cost of your tribe. Well it appears that Spence is an example of that psychosis. If she is going to behave like our dirtball politicians, charge her, try her and hang her out to dry like the rest of the corrupt asshats in government, banks and the corporate oligarchy. The problems aren't going to go away until the people in power start getting charged criminally and/or with treason.

Cheers - Dave

The "Chiefs" in our first nations in Canada are mostly corrupt. Theresa Spence's area received 110 million in a few years. That is about 70k per person, but 80% of the money is unaccounted for. This "Idle No More" is more like "Don't make me account for the money being spent. I know a few natives that say things are corrupt, but if you say anything you can forget getting any piece of the pie.

I myself think that we need to look at the entire Reserve process - how long do we have to pay for this? It should be clear to most that it is unsustainable.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I love it how you guys use the racist card so much, the more you use it the less effective it becomes.

Was it sad what happened to the Natives of North America? Sure was, but you know what.....LIFE - SOMETIMES IT SUCKS. Time to face reality, we can no longer afford to pay to keep their way of life. Hell, the Native Indians can't afford it any longer as their representatives are the very ones who rip them off.

edit:

and hey, get used to more and more Canadians coming out and speaking our minds to the Liberal Crap that Prime Minster Trudeau introduced to our country.

edit on 8-1-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

It is ALL about CANADIANS and preserving CANADA'S
NWPA Navigable Waters Protection Act ! !
Stop derailing
the thread by saying it's about 'indians'
We should all be concerned; so what if it was the 1rst nations
that brought bill c-45 to our attention.
If you are not a traitor, and care about your country/water then sign :www.causes.com...#

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So, before I start, allow me to get something off my chest.

The Harper Government is criminal. It is the single largest thread to Canadian Sovereignity and the largest threat to our future that I have ever seen. From allowing the Chinese Government to OWN our resources to the crime bills passed written in what seems like 1100AD...I can say I am NO longer proud to be Canadian with them as my representation.

As for Natives.

We've carried out a 400 year old genocide. You can try and argue that fact with me, but you're wrong. We have as a society destroyed an ENTIRE culture, an entire people and a whole part of human history.

The fact is that the 60/40 deal is STILL valid and we aren't not holding to our part of the bargain. I don't know what the solution is, honestly I'd like to see them have their own nation/city state to work out of.

Be provided the same opportunity that we are provided for simply being born here.

We have an OBLIGATION as a people to right the wrongs we have allowed done in our name. I don't care if it was 200 years ago. I just don't. We committed Genocide. It's time to pay the piper.

This issue makes me so angry I could scream and in the last 5 minutes I've done so many times.

Canada is fastly becoming one of the worst nations on the planet, both domestically and internationally.

Some of you may think I'm overreacting and on some level you're a bit correct, but you can't argue that the vast majority of Canadians disagree, strongly with Harper's stance on a vast majority of issues.

They are ruining us.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well, I will give you that Harper selling our natural resources is a brain dead move. Taking something that we can use for decades for some temp cash is flawed.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

m.thestar.com...

www.scribd.com...

Well, maybe the corporo-politicians like Theresa Spence have learned from the best (or worst as the case may be). A true native american shares what they have, equally. It is/was actually considered to be a form of psychosis if you gathered perceived wealth or things to yourself at the cost of your tribe. Well it appears that Spence is an example of that psychosis. If she is going to behave like our dirtball politicians, charge her, try her and hang her out to dry like the rest of the corrupt asshats in government, banks and the corporate oligarchy. The problems aren't going to go away until the people in power start getting charged criminally and/or with treason.

Cheers - Dave

The "Chiefs" in our first nations in Canada are mostly corrupt. Theresa Spence's area received 110 million in a few years. That is about 70k per person, but 80% of the money is unaccounted for. This "Idle No More" is more like "Don't make me account for the money being spent. I know a few natives that say things are corrupt, but if you say anything you can forget getting any piece of the pie.

I fully agree, in a way it does look kind of scamish,Spence bitches and moans and gets a lot of people on side to distract from the actual problem of localized corruption at the Chief level. She's taken a good message and twisted it to her own use. Of course our government does exactly the same thing and where do you think Spense learned this behavior, could it be from that corrupt "thing" that calls itself our government? I think so, the "government" has gotten away with so much corruption and treason, hey, I guess Spense thinks she can do it to ;-)

I myself think that we need to look at the entire Reserve process - how long do we have to pay for this? It should be clear to most that it is unsustainable.

We have to rethink both the Reserve process and really need to rethink GOVERNMENT. I say just screw it all, dissolve the Bank of Canada, charge all the politicians with treason, forgive all debts, roll back all the UN and other treaties, and make everyone equal and start fresh. I just can't remember where I left that big reset button. But since the ministers in government, the IMF's owned and operated Bank of Canada and all their their collective lobbyists are going to maintain the status quo and continue with the corruption and treason, I am not sure what is going to happen next, however from the government's side I am positive it won't pretty.

Btw, I am part Beothuk (goes a ways back) and I have never had a problem with sharing, but I do have a problem with stealing and the rampant greed, avarice and psychosis in our government(s).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well well,

Theresa Spence cancels her meeting with the PM after the news of the audit.

I guess she'll be having a new meeting with the RCMP about the missing money.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
So, before I start, allow me to get something off my chest.

The Harper Government is criminal. It is the single largest thread to Canadian Sovereignity and the largest threat to our future that I have ever seen. From allowing the Chinese Government to OWN our resources to the crime bills passed written in what seems like 1100AD...I can say I am NO longer proud to be Canadian with them as my representation.

As for Natives.

We've carried out a 400 year old genocide. You can try and argue that fact with me, but you're wrong. We have as a society destroyed an ENTIRE culture, an entire people and a whole part of human history.

The fact is that the 60/40 deal is STILL valid and we aren't not holding to our part of the bargain. I don't know what the solution is, honestly I'd like to see them have their own nation/city state to work out of.

Be provided the same opportunity that we are provided for simply being born here.

We have an OBLIGATION as a people to right the wrongs we have allowed done in our name. I don't care if it was 200 years ago. I just don't. We committed Genocide. It's time to pay the piper.

This issue makes me so angry I could scream and in the last 5 minutes I've done so many times.

Canada is fastly becoming one of the worst nations on the planet, both domestically and internationally.

Some of you may think I'm overreacting and on some level you're a bit correct, but you can't argue that the vast majority of Canadians disagree, strongly with Harper's stance on a vast majority of issues.

They are ruining us.

~Tenth

No argument from me on your above post.

We have two Reserves here in close proximity to our city actually one is in our city.
They have put up with a lot of sheeet and now they act......good for them we say.

The wife taught part time (Yoga) on one of the Reserves and enjoyed it very much.
To the naysayers on the Idle no more protests just take the time to visit a Reserve anywhere in Canada and you will get a better feel for their pain.

Back to what you said about Harper the A-hole.....yep he took his sweet time to arrange even the minutest meeting, only doing so when the protests went country wide and the public opinion of him dropped even further (if that is possible?)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

"Most contribution agreements must be renewed yearly ... we have found that the funds may not be available until several months into the period to be funded ... Consequently, First Nations must often reallocate funds from elsewhere to continue meeting community service requirements." As well, Fraser notes that the agreements do not define who is responsible for what: "The use of contribution agreements between the federal government and First Nations may also inhibit appropriate accountability to First Nations members. It is often unclear who is accountable to First Nations members for achieving improved outcomes or specific levels of services...”
And then Fraser gets to the nub of the problem that Deloitte describes (but fails to explain) in the Attawapiskat case.

That is the issue of the onerous and inappropriate level of paperwork, record-keeping and reporting imposed on First Nations -- an issue Fraser raised with the Department of Aboriginal Affairs on numerous occasions, to no avail:

"Contribution agreements involve a significant reporting burden, especially for small First Nations with limited administrative capacity. Communities often have to use scarce administrative resources to respond to numerous reporting requirements stipulated in their agreements. We followed up on Aboriginal Affairs efforts to reduce the reporting requirements of First Nations and found progress to date to be unsatisfactory..."
Fraser also underscores the constant financial insecurity to which the federally mandated system subjects First Nations:

"The use of contribution agreements to fund services for First Nations communities has also led to uncertainty about funding levels. Statutory programs such as land claim agreements must be fully funded, but this is not the case for services provided through contribution agreements. Accordingly, it is not certain whether funding levels provided to First Nations in one year will be available the following year. This situation creates a level of uncertainty for First Nations and makes long-term planning difficult..."

rabble.ca...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The genocide is still going on, last residential school in Canada used in 1996 and it tore families and communities apart, how do you forget something if its still happening?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join