It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada, IdleNoMore, Bill C-45,,, Gotta take our world back...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Canada has protected people, parks and such. It's going through a monolithic change that will rip down our trade barriers and expose us to the world. I call this piece of legislation a Trojan horse because their marketing it as a means to save money. Basically it amends the protections to many of Canada's protected waterways and amends the treaties... The world seems to be joining the movement and we see updates on "IdleNoMore"s Facebook page. I'm hoping everyone can get involved with these types movements... Look at Iceland lets learn from them! Lets take our world back guys. This doesn't belong to the governments this world belongs to all of us.

I don't mind losing my treaty rights what I mind is waking up one morning and not seeing that beautiful landscape anymore...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
As a Canadian there a parts of the bill I agree and disagree with. I don't agree with the protected lakes and parks that will no longer be "protected". This will allow the government to tear down our forests and drain our lakes.

But I do agree with removing the benefits from Native-Canadians. I believe in equality for all. It is terrible that our ancestors did what they did to the native-american's centuries ago, but it is time to move on. Do Jewish people get compensation for the holocaust? Do African-Americans get compensation for being slaves? So why are there double standards for Natives in Canada?

Why should I still be paying for something that happened centuries ago? Look at a map of Europe of the past 1000 years. There are countries that don't even exist anymore, and its not because they just left

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quoop
As a Canadian there a parts of the bill I agree and disagree with. I don't agree with the protected lakes and parks that will no longer be "protected". This will allow the government to tear down our forests and drain our lakes.

But I do agree with removing the benefits from Native-Canadians. I believe in equality for all. It is terrible that our ancestors did what they did to the native-american's centuries ago, but it is time to move on. Do Jewish people get compensation for the holocaust? Do African-Americans get compensation for being slaves? So why are there double standards for Natives in Canada?

Why should I still be paying for something that happened centuries ago? Look at a map of Europe of the past 1000 years. There are countries that don't even exist anymore, and its not because they just left

When crap happens to white people like 9/11, the holocaust..etc...the words "NEVER FORGET" pop up.

When BS happens to colored folks..."THEY SHOULD GET OVER IT".

Such hypocrisy. The government made a deal with the natives back in the day and it should be honored. Would you like people to take your bill of rights and tell you...it was in the past and has no use now..so we should not honor it?

The natives were smart enough to come up with something like this.

I seen this idle no more thing...and one thing it has shown racism is rampant in Canada. It took this to show their true colors. I love this country...but goddamn I hate ignorant people and Canada is full of them.
edit on 7-1-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

When did I say white people? From my understanding there are Jewish people who are black or colored. I even mentioned black people who were slaves against their will. Why are the same rights not given to Native-American's as they are for Native-Canadians? Oh I see you support double standards. Kudos

Always so quick to play the race card.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
History is history and nothing can change it. But we can all help change the future to ensure that our current generation is cared for, regardless of ethnic origin, and therefore avoid any wrong doings similar to those allegedly done by our ancestors. Handing out money for so-called injustices in previous centuries is totally wrong, as Canada is supposedly a melting pot as a society.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quoop Do Jewish people get compensation for the holocaust? Do African-Americans get compensation for being slaves? So why are there double standards for Natives in Canada?

Yes Holocaust survivors get reparations, or are supposed to receive payments. - www.haaretz.com...

Not going to derail this discussion with what Norm Finkelstein calls "The Holocaust Industry."

As far as African-American in the US and the attempts to make reparations for the past history of the Slave Trade, that was a large portion of the Affirmative Action that had been instituted. Again, not going to derail the discussion with the effects and history of how this program worked, or didn't.

The idea that there is a double Standard in Canada usually comes from the misunderstanding of what is tax exempt for Status Natives and what isn't, and the issues surrounding education etc. However, these are not part of the idle no more platform afaik.

This is a list of the issues that I received, but I assume it is far from comprehensive.
docs.google.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by And Why

Awesome information! Interesting that they are thinking about extending the circle of those affected by the holocaust.

Anyway I just read this on google news, some food for thought.

www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Quoop

Instead of reading a "News" analysis of the Audit why not read the actual Audit. See if there's any differences?

www.documentcloud.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by And Why

Because the news gives a short analysis of the audit, labeling key points. Instead of reading through 20+ pages of fine print of the audit.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

reply to post by And Why

Because the news gives a short analysis of the audit, labeling key points. Instead of reading through 20+ pages of fine print of the audit.

May I suggest you copy and paste that article and put it up in word pad or whatever then you can blow the text up till you can read it and read it you should.

You find the time to post here but cannot find the time to read evidence provided, pro or con it should be read and you should refrain from posting until you do read it in my Opinion Only.

Here is a good link from our city and a very good video of how the police can handle things properly.

www.cfne.org...

If that link is too much reading here is a shortcut for you......
www.youtube.com...

I wish the Natives here in our city all the best and no I am not native but do have some native friends...
Regards, Iwinder

One more important link of many I could post but this one is good.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 7-1-2013 by Iwinder because: to add another link

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

That was the audit that I didn't fully read because i did not have the time earlier. May I suggest you also read.

As I stated there are parts of the bill I disagree with. I love the beauty of this land and would hate to ever see it torn apart. But there are certain aspects of the bill I do agree with. Simple as that. No need to post over dramatizing videos from YouTube.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

[/quol

I seen this idle no more thing...and one thing it has shown racism is rampant in Canada. It took this to show their true colors. I love this country...but goddamn I hate ignorant people and Canada is full of them.
edit on 7-1-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

I agree with the racism description you so eloquently alluded to. Thanks.
Checkout the guy/gal in the mirror sometime soon.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Why should I still be paying for something that happened centuries ago?

Why should a First-Nation pay anything to a foreign crown/entity ?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Its not legal to to do anything against natives, their very scanty wins are theirs, and won in court. The government is NOT above the Courts OR THE CONSTITUTION.

They will fall because of this, and the Courts will prevail as will the natives. But one thing, I hope they see prison for a change, minus all pensions. I'm sickened by the criminals in office.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Quoop

Canada was on the bandwagon BIGTIME for nelson mandela and the alleged return of South Africa to the alleged indiginous people. Our government bitched and moaned about South Africa, followed the NWO party line and our politicians heads were so far up the NWO and UN delegates asses you couldn't tell where one started and the other ended. Point is, the Canadian government were on the side of the allegedly indiginous people in South Africa. I guess "it's not my backyard" works for politicians, huh?

Well tell ya what ya flaming hypocrits, we have EXACTLY the same situation in Canada that we had in South Africa, except that the native North Americans were all over the place here and there has been active genocide for the last 500 plus years. So tit for tat, same as South Africa, give it ALL back and all the non-natives can go pound sand back across the pond and while your at it, take your bloody banks, disgusting politicians and corporate assclowns with you.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/7.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This was a permission slip from 1939, This is to ask the government at that time to have permission to leave the reservation. People got put in jail if they did not have this paper. The was still active up until the late 70s I believe.

imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i was almost ready to agree with the first nations untill i found this

Scathing federal government audit dismissed by Attawapiskat Chief Theresa Spence as ‘distraction’

OTTAWA — In her 28th day of a hunger strike, Chief Theresa Spence shrugged off as a “distraction” a scathing federal audit that shows the Attawapiskat band council failed to keep basic records for how it spent more than $100 million in federal funds.
m.thestar.com...

full audit can be found here. im calling fraud by first nations.

www.scribd.com...
edit on 8-1-2013 by SecludedGamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecludedGamer
i was almost ready to agree with the first nations untill i found this

Scathing federal government audit dismissed by Attawapiskat Chief Theresa Spence as ‘distraction’

OTTAWA — In her 28th day of a hunger strike, Chief Theresa Spence shrugged off as a “distraction” a scathing federal audit that shows the Attawapiskat band council failed to keep basic records for how it spent more than $100 million in federal funds.
m.thestar.com...

full audit can be found here. im calling fraud by first nations.

www.scribd.com...
edit on 8-1-2013 by SecludedGamer because: (no reason given)

Well, maybe the corporo-politicians like Theresa Spence have learned from the best (or worst as the case may be). A true native american shares what they have, equally. It is/was actually considered to be a form of psychosis if you gathered perceived wealth or things to yourself at the cost of your tribe. Well it appears that Spence is an example of that psychosis. If she is going to behave like our dirtball politicians, charge her, try her and hang her out to dry like the rest of the corrupt asshats in government, banks and the corporate oligarchy. The problems aren't going to go away until the people in power start getting charged criminally and/or with treason.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Quoop

"Do Jewish people get compensation for the holocaust?"

25 lawsuits against usa for millions, all paid out. and 3-5 billion a year in our taxes. for the past 60 years. + free weapons...
and we didnt start the war we ended it. heh....nice allies we got

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

its just agenda 21 comming up to canada , youll lose your forests like we are losing our parks and water ways now.

got a beef, talk to the U.N it their plan ^^

top topics

<<   2 >>

join