It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn, Not Like Before.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet

Originally posted by sparky31
ok i,m going to say this......scientists have had to change their theory on just about everything to do with space

what they have believed they have had to re-evaluate so why is anything put forward that weird?

just cause it doesn,t fit with our physics doesn,t mean it may not be true.

yes, scientists have had to change their views on things but not everything. some things have had to be tweaked to be more accurate, some have had new aspects that have only added to its precision but some things are just irrefutable and hold true no matter what.

Although i think its pretty much nonsense, if the OP would like to have his point heard then maybe he should go back and think of a way to clarify it.
i would say things have had to be more than tweaked.......lets start with saturn's moon enceladus.

as far as our scientist were concerned there was no chance of any moon round a planet having any activity......they were dead rocky moons......nothing intresting to see there but low and behold they have to think again.www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So much of what we think we know is dependent on UFOs not being aliens from other places. UFOs pretty much have to be misidentified conventional phenomena; stars, gases, optical illusions, etc.

If UFOs are in fact aliens then it opens up a can of worms. Because if the government really is lying about them then what else are they lying about? Many conspiracy people have seen UFOs. Because they were unable to identify them they inevitably begin to wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes.

It all starts with things like UFOs/etc.

Once you lose trust in government and society, you literally are alone. That's the danger of believing that UFOs are aliens and that our government is lying. It really makes life much harder.

So much of this life is based on trust.

I normally make very skeptical posts. I love science. Our world wouldn't be where it's without science. It's amazing how much we actually know. So few of us actually understand the science. I am still a child compared to Carl Sagan and Carl Sagan wasn't even the brightest scientist. He was just a spokeperson. Scientists are extremely smart and knowledge about their disciplines. We would be wise to listen to them. Don't be a dumb fool and think their input is deceptive or haughty.

It's not easy being a scientist because they -really are- smart/knowledgeable! Anything they say to a normal average person is going to be strained because of how clueless we're!

I was reading another post on another forum on another site and one guy responded to a kid who was talking BS and said "Go to university and get a masters degree and THEN we can talk."

If you want to attack science get a masters or phd in science first! Lol. It's true. If you want to have any hope in making a compelling argument you have to first understand what's out there.
edit on 7-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

NO the problem on here is that there are to many people like YOU who have NO idea how science works if scientist didn't have a good understanding of what the mass of planets were probes could not be sent to the far edge of the solar system think of Voyager 1 & 2 they used a gravitational slingshot from Jupiter and Saturn to get them to were they are today.

It's not a guess if you can DENY IGNORANCE as you claim read this link and find out how the mass of a planet can be calculated by looking at its Moons and using physics next time do more research!!!

Determining the Mass of Jupiter Based on the Orbital Characteristics of the Galilean Moons

So can the mass of Earth be determined the same way?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Can I just point out that it is not Lapetus but Iapetus. That was REALLY annoying me.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
reply to post by TRUELIES11

Light bulbs are filled with gas.

People with little or no understanding of how physics works shouldn't feel justified in making up facts for their own constructed realities

Actually I believe incandescent light bulbs are void of any gas or air in the bulb. Flourescent tubes are filled with gas which is excited by electricity to provide luminosity. Just saying.
edit on 1/8/2013 by americanbuffalo1 because: Duh

edit on 1/8/2013 by americanbuffalo1 because: duh

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Sorry, I HAVE to say this is one of the craziest threads I read recently..

OP, I really do respect your imagination and your thinking out of the box.
But look, everything you said really doesn't make any sense and it's all very well covered by science. There's no room for any speculation on this subject (whatever that is).

It's fair enough to speculate and create conjectures on unexplored fields of science. It's often done by the most serious scientists, except they base their guesses on solid evidence.

Please take my advice, you're far off and should consider studying the subject in depth before writting such a thread in the Space exploration forum. Otherwise I hope you have a hard skin.

Sorry for any written mistakes...
... I speak Portuguese (Brazil is in South America). --- sorry but I couldn't resist rsrsrs
edit on 8-1-2013 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

"Saturn-- Not like Before", the thread title reads.

Thanks for the pictures. As far as life "on Saturn" or "under all that cover" goes, it has been known for sometime what the possibilities of that are...

Here is something about the conditions there:

Saturn's atmosphere varies from -100 Degrees C to almost -200 Degrees C. With so little heat, and so little sunlight, life doesn't have much of a chance to form or thrive.

---

Saturn is primarily Hydrogen, Helium, Methane, and Ammonia. Hydrogen is far too reactive for life to survive within it, as the hydrogen would tend to bond much more easily to fragile DNA molecules, tearing them apart.

---

Saturn has wickedly fast winds, measured upwards of 1,800 kilometers per hour. This would create extremely violent conditions which would be utterly destructive to fragile life.

wiki.answers.com...

edit on 8-1-2013 by intrptr because: link

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
ok i,m going to say this......scientists have had to change their theory on just about everything to do with space

what they have believed they have had to re-evaluate so why is anything put forward that weird?

just cause it doesn,t fit with our physics doesn,t mean it may not be true.

Just because some things change DOESN'T mean everything will change for example if you drop an object it falls under gravity, that won't change in 5,10, 100,000 years will it

The basics are well understood and the scientific method has to be repeatable, we can work out the mass of the planets although we can't physically weigh them we understand the effects of gravity has on objects or we would not be able to do things like this.

To enter Saturn's orbit, Cassini will fly through the gap between the F and the G rings

Just because paranoid sites/people on the net make out everything from an official source is lies DOESN'T mean they are telling you the truth

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by wmd_2008

NO the problem on here is that there are to many people like YOU who have NO idea how science works if scientist didn't have a good understanding of what the mass of planets were probes could not be sent to the far edge of the solar system think of Voyager 1 & 2 they used a gravitational slingshot from Jupiter and Saturn to get them to were they are today.

It's not a guess if you can DENY IGNORANCE as you claim read this link and find out how the mass of a planet can be calculated by looking at its Moons and using physics next time do more research!!!

Determining the Mass of Jupiter Based on the Orbital Characteristics of the Galilean Moons

So can the mass of Earth be determined the same way?

Not exactly the same but by using basic physics see here

HOW IS THE MASS OF THE EARTH DETERMINED?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This thread is a joke right?

I just read a handful of pages about NOTHING. Excluding a few fine posts form people that actually know what they're talking about, the original content and supporting claims are nothing more than opinions backed by opinions. The best part was when some dude was trying to involve tptb altering what people are supposed to know about Saturn. WHAT A JOKE.

Staurn's North and South Pole Storms

YOU CAN SEE WHAT DIRECTION THEY'RE MOVING.

Sorry, but I'm going with people that studied this subject their wholes lives, over some random on ATS that lacks any amount of credibility. There's no "theory" anywhere to be found in the op.

Also, PEOPLE are not making this storm...how absurd.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

This holding to the theory that planetary, let alone stellar, evolution is correct.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

It depends on the perception of time, in 10,000 years. Time = gravity.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

It depends on the perception of time, in 10,000 years. Time = gravity.

Not at all. I'm sort of puzzled why you would think that.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Watch an apple tree for about 10 years...You are guaranteed to see an apple fall. Now, was it because time, matured the apple, so that much like the child leaves the household, so too does the apple detach itself from the tree, or was it gravity?

Dreamscape as well, time does not exist as a perception. Neither does gravity, ergo people flying around in the astral plane like Iron Man.
edit on 8-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Skunk Works !!
Nuff said

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by americanbuffalo1

These days they have argon and nitrogen

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Ok so, there are three main things are wrong with this "theory" or suggestion. First, Saturn is classified as a gas giant, which as you smart people can guess, a giant planet made mainly from gases. This means NO SOLID SURFACES. I would find it hard to build structures on gas, wouldn't you? Second, if you say this storm on Saturn has something to do with a possible civilization, then Jupiter AND Neptune must be just as effective "shelter" as Saturn. Third, Saturn is less dense than water, you would basically fall through and it would sit on top of HUGE ocean, if there was a big enough one. Also, Saturn is not a "brown dwarf star" and it never once was a sun... lay off the chips and sci-fi movies bud...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join