Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So the economy has "recovered" enough to hike this tax, BUT is so bad unemployment must be extended again?

Seems like this is just more wealth transfer from the working to the net-moochers, because as we all know, SS tax money is dumped in the general revenue and spent like all other taxes.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
There is only one solution to this...

I’m thinking 1-2 million Americans storming the WH and congress, and hanging these idiots where they stand will do the job! Hang a boat load of these idiots, and the rest will get the point..

1-2 million at a minimum is what it would take, too. Anything less and it is actually a FAIR thing to say that a crowd has no majority representation to it. However, should such a thing gain real momentum at some point? D.C. isn't THAT far for the bunny to hop to. I'll even bring a big ATS sign to hold up so everyone can rally on my position.

Strength in numbers! ...failure without them.

* Oh... and arrest to prosecute... We're Americans after all ... Lynch mobs went out with the 1800's.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Is there any benefit to raising the taxes? I wish I understodod the financial sectors better. I should take a crash course

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
The 2% FICA tax holiday was always portrayed as temporary. The true cost of it has been under funding social security for the past few years though. It's not a tax increase though, it's getting rid of the temporary reduction.

It amazes me how many people don't realize that.. so thank you .. exactly right, this was always said to be temporary and now it's just returning to normal.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What is there to be shocked about? This is called capitalism. The wealthy can lobby to get the laws written in their favor.

edit on 7-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't understand why people get all upset over tax increases, but hardly a word is spoken when prices go up and wages fail to keep up with inflation? Not to mention far more of what you earn is taken as profit, surplus value, by the private owner of where you work than is taken in taxes.

Examples...

House prices rise three times faster than wages over a decade

Blow to economic recovery as new figures show real-term pay cut, with inflation at 3.3% and salary increases only 1.1%

The annual increase in the CPI of 4.6 percent shows prices still outstripping wages which rose only 1.9 percent in the year to June according to the Labour Cost Index.

Healthcare costs rise faster than wages

Prices now rising eight times faster than wages for the poorest families

Cost of living in the UK rises eight times faster than wages

Bosses' recovery: wages stagnate as prices rise

Surplus Value

Difference between a worker's wages (exchange value) and the value of goods and services he or she produces (use value). Since use value is (or should be) always higher than the exchange value, workers produce a positive surplus value through their labor.

surplus value

You are being ripping off by the capitalists, far more than the government. Even the taxes you pay are used to further capitalist interests.

edit on 1/7/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

He never said that they did he just hinted as actually when you have a free ride on how much the treasury prints money without congress approval and even the president you pretty much own the darn thing I mean the Treasury and their printing presses and that is the power of the Fed over the treasury department.

edit on 7-1-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Thanks Anok for that nice eye opener, but you know how things works, we can go on our butts telling how things work in this nation and people still call the news nothing but complains and smears against the present administration.

And at the end, the rich gets richer and the working class pay all the taxes

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

at least some of his supporters just some free stuff.
I had to stand by and watch, And Now Have to Help Pay for All....I'm disgusted....

Tom

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
thats change all right. a change of underwear americans will need after seeing the new taxes.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
we'll be lucky to have any change left by the time the potus is finished

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Gee and I was a crazy for telling everyone Obama was full of BS. Everyone believed his "change" campaign, it was him or Romney, that's like choosing white bread from one store or white bread from the other, why am I surrounded by morons?! Like I said, politicians tell us exactly what we want to hear so we'll elect them. Its all about who the better liar is. Americans will never learn, and always keep electing corrupt scum into office. Ron Paul was the only one who didn't want to completely bend us over. But no, nobody voted for
Him because he wanted to heal the economy with cannabis, ( oh god no not cannabis its evil, says America's 70% ignorant population). Also he wasn't a career politician, naturally no one thought, MAYBE THAT'S WHAT WE NEED! Am I the only one that realizes career politicians are the worst. We need a regular person, someone to speak for us, not for the government. Alas, I'm wasting my breath, I live in one of the most brainwashed countries in the world. If Rand Paul runs in 2016, will he win? No, why? Because the American people aren't good at thinking for themselves or making wise decisions. It's only going to get worse because we all stand around like a blind flock of sheep, wondering " duh why is this happening?" We can force change on capital hill, but everyone is too cowardice, they'd rather just be pushed around some more. My family has been in this country for nearly 400 years, and I promise you, I'll be the last generation. I'm leaving, I refuse to whatch my beloved country fall at the hands of ignorant cowards. This is sickening, it makes me ashamed to be American, my ancestors would be rolling in their graves. Rand Paul 2016, the closest chance at change we'll ever have.
edit on 1/7/2013 by JohnCreed777 because: Auto spell errors

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

This was only a tax reprieve and was a bad idea in the first place they suspended part of your Social Security taxes temporarily which the should not have done,.it was the only tax they could cut wtihout cutting spending. The bad part is you are taking your own money out of your own pocket on this one you will just end up funding Soc Sec with higher taxes in the future.

I'm all for lower taxes and cutting spending but suspending the payrovll tax did not make any sense. You will pay it later anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if some Obama supporters were angry because at one time the democrats said they wanted to extend the payroll tax cut. Then suddenly Obummer thought everyone needed the tax increase. That is no surprise at all to me from a president who doesn't believe in cutting spending. I would not be surprised if gasoline is $8 a gallon before he leaves office because I read that was one of his goals too. Every American can feel happy who voted for him that he is making you save the environment by killing you off.

On the other hand, by the time the US election was here, the public didn't really have a choice except to vote to be screwed with tax increases (democrats) or vote for massive spending cuts. Since a slight majority did not want spending cut at all, I guess instead we all lose as our currency and wages get devalued faster. In the end we still lose. I would love to see our currency stop getting devalued so my wages and savings aren't destroyed due to inflation. Increasing growth while cutting non essential spending seems to be an impossible task for both democrats and republicans. I believe Ron Paul was our best hope. Hope died this past election. It's no wonder some people were hoping for 2012 to end it all IMO.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So you and your conservative friends should start walking then. I've said it before, I'll say it again, all of you saying you're going to do this and that is just talk. Not one of you has the ba((s to do anything about it. If you did, you would have done it by now. You can talk the talk, but you hide in your mother's basement once you're expected to walk

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As several folks have already stated, both Democrats and Republicans work for the same people and those people are not us. I have always followed the motto of "never go out if your way to make someone else' s life more difficult". The problem is the powers that be keep people fighting over hot button issues like gun rights and abortion while they screw us all behind the scenes. I am a Libertarian because they believe in freedom of choice on everything. Less government, more freedom and don't mess with other people's personal choices.

Anyway, IMO, if you support either of these mainstream parties you are doing it wrong . Both of them have the same goal which is the destruction of our economy, pointless wars and an erosion of our freedoms. Higher taxes are just one of their ways of controlling us and keeping us fighting among ourselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So you and your conservative friends should start walking then. I've said it before, I'll say it again, all of you saying you're going to do this and that is just talk. Not one of you has the ba((s to do anything about it. If you did, you would have done it by now. You can talk the talk, but you hide in your mother's basement once you're expected to walk

(self-snip)

I had a long reply ... but after reading back on your post history to last May (the point I'd complimented your unbiased and non-partisan approach) in order to get a better feel for where you're coming from? Well... dropping this here and letting it stay there is the best solution to this. Take care.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Are you saying a politician made a promise to the public just so he could get elected and then went back on that promise after the election was done

I dont believe you

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
People are f ing idiots on all side, they are called a tax "break" for a reason, you a get a break from paying full taxes for a bit. They are not taking more, they are taking what is owed/due. But because people are blind and ignorant, no one "saved" during the "break" and so now will feel the hit.

I really have no problem with this or the "concept". The fact remains that a lot of people can't afford life in this country with current taxes unless its on a break should really be what being discussed but in the end, no one did and it just slid by again. We need to reduce costs of crap either by force or boycott in all sects of life.

If the country has to live off tax "breaks" we are not really living or getting breaks heh.
edit on 8-1-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
4 years ago ...

he lied?

Shocking!
edit on 8-1-2013 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join