Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Having read the article the following can be stated:

Is anyone really surprised that a promise about no new taxes was not delivered?

It is the oldest line that is made by politicians to get votes ever. They make these promises not to raise taxes or any new taxes and then turn around and raise them up. We can not be so sure that any person who is wanting votes will not lie to gather favor. As a person once stated: All Politicians lie, and will tell the voters anything that they think will get them the vote. The days of honest politicians are long gone, and ultimately we are having to pay the price for what we want.

Too often the idea of a politician being in it for the good of just one section of the population has been the norm, that they are going to do us right, but fail to see that if the politicians are not willing to consider the rest of the population it is going to affect all of us in the long run. Perhaps we need a politician who is not going to make big promises, and that way at least we will know that they are going to do the correct action and govern wisely.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yeah, CHANGE you can believe in.

"cha-ange .. . cha-ange . .. can you spare any change?" - South Park

This is the only kind 'CHANGE' Obama has in mind for you Americans. He just led you to believe it was the other kind to get re-elected.
Next thing , they'll be taking my juurrb.....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It's not a 'new tax increase' and shouldn't be any more surprising
reply to post by jtma508

I am furious!

So athe extra $400.00 out of my paycheck each month in TAXES isn't taxes...?

edit on 7-1-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by jtma508

Yeah, I guess we should be "agog" that the roll back is being spun like this, but I'm not.

Yeah, it hurts, but if you guys want your Social Security in the future, it has to be funded.

the gov shouldnt be pulling out of our SS like its a slush fund, to put towards whatever hairbrained crap they think up in the first place.........

And with more out of control spending from this administration, they are gonna keep pulling MORE out of our hard earned money weve put in........

THEY DONT CARE..........

Im fully convinced that this administration and those in gov that go along with him, are INTENTIONALLY trying to break this country and send us to our knees, there can be no other explanation for the precise measures in calculation and efforts that have been made........step.......by step.......by step......

Get informed, this is happening folks .......
edit on 7-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There is only one solution to this...

I’m thinking 1-2 million Americans storming the WH and congress, and hanging these idiots where they stand will do the job! Hang a boat load of these idiots, and the rest will get the point..

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Correction, it is not a NEW tax. It is a tax break law that was instituted 2 years ago to give an economic boost.

Its tenure has simply ran out.

Nobody screamed and cried when there was less money being taken out of their paychecks.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Its tenure has simply ran out. Nobody screamed and cried when there was less money being taken out of their paychecks.

Wasted text right there, could have saved yourself some typing as plenty of "obamabots" (pretty sure we're not supposed to engage in outright trolling like that .....) have pointed out.

A temporary 2% reduction is just that, temporary. That temporary term will expire, and the rate goes back to what it was. It's not an increase, or even an elevation, it's a return to what it was.

But...

Much like anything involved with politics here, that's besides the point. the conservatives believe this proves their point, and justified their anger towards Obama, so they will spin it and run with it, and it will be the gods honest gospel.

But in a totally non-partisan type of way right, I mean, this non issue won't diverge into a wasted thread of countless baseless claims, smears, and outright political trolling, will it?

(I'm not wearing my shirt today, but I feel like i should be)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wait up just a minute here. Instead of simply letting the tax cuts expire and affect everybody, Obama just raised taxes on people who earn over 400K or something like that. We all know they are never really going to put a dent in Government spending, so they needed some degree of tax hikes on somebody or else they would have been quickly facing the so called fiscal cliff. This solution was probably the best for everyone, except perhaps rich people, but it could have advantages for them too.

Or are we now saying that these tax increases are "trickling down" to the small guy through higher prices etc? I guess that could happen but I wouldn't expect to see such a dramatic effect so quickly reported by people. Sounds like baloney to me or there were simply other reasons for why their pay check changed. Or maybe I'm just not reading any of this correctly. I mean I haven't really looked into any this seriously apart from what I've read on ATS.
edit on 7/1/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
As new taxes hit an already struggling American public, you just have to wonder how much more we can take.

Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.

With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters.

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left.

www.washingtontimes.com...

That's right. Just bend over and take it Amerika. 3.50 gas, and now even more taxes. Just living is becoming impossible. Rent out the roof, food skyrocketing. We are ******.

The government has a lot of nerve to even THINK about raising taxes right now. But they did it. Yeah, CHANGE you can believe in.
edit on Mon Jan 7th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

so...Obama is to blame for corporations raising their prices, or keeping your income too low to live on? c'mon people here still have brains cells left....and about those taxes???? they were what everybody was paying back in the nineties..but now...somehow you can't live with them?....

yes, Obama is to blame. Its called inflation and it will keep striping the people of there wealth until there is nothing left.

Yes, Obama, the man that is letting the federal reserve print 85 billion a month and using 45 billion of it to fund the government and the other 40 billion to purchase toxic loans from the to big to fail banks!

Yes, Obama IS FOR THE BANKERS!!!!

If Obama was for the little guy, then why is he propping up the banks with printed money?

your being lied to from a sweet talker. he's not for the people!
edit on 7-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

If you think this is bad.... just wait until the Fed has no choice but to raise interest rates..... get your popcorn ready

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks FlyersFan and happy new year to you, I have not seen you often in the forums lately.

But yes, even with this news people are still blaming this or that but not the source, still are covering their eyes to the fact that for the last few months news have been hand picked and released in short intervals specially when it comes to taxes and Obamacare, but having people obfuscated on the "financial Cliff" and how the rich will be taxes,get them off of the real tsunami that is going to hit Americans this year, but keep it in short burst and people will always find an excuse

Politicians are the most corrupted enemy that this nation have they are the terrorist of the working class and they don't care because their lives are set up once the leave the government, they will always find another way to keep screwing the tax payers in the private government linked jobs.

they keep coming back like recycle trash but their trash is killing America.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Thanks Camaro that is another bit of information that people doesn't understand and don't want to know about it and because of that the news hand pick what the public wants to hear

The Fed Free permit to have the Treasury printing (under the Quantitative easing another word for "bailout") to keep themselves and the banksters alive and to stop Wall Street from collapsing on the scam they have over peoples retirement accounts and pensions is incredible but most Americans failed economics and many do not understand finances or we all will have plenty of money saved in our accounts and people will not be so much in credit debt.

Just like the government, the fed and wall street banksters are.

When you run a Bank on more trash money than liquidity you know that the banks should be bankrupted, and that is how all the too big to fail are right now they are Just like the government is.
edit on 7-1-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You said it much better than I could.

This thread fully shows why the conservative party is dying, and rightfully so.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Thanks Camaro that is another bit of information that people doesn't understand and don't want to know about it and because of that the news hand pick what the public wants to hear

The Fed Free permit to have the Treasury printing (under the Quantitative easing another word for "bailout") to keep themselves and the banksters alive and to stop Wall Street from collapsing on the scam they have over peoples retirement accounts and pensions is incredible but most Americans failed economics and many do not understand finances or we all will have plenty of money saved in our accounts and people will not be so much in credit debt.

Just like the government, the fed and wall street banksters are.

When you run a Bank on more trash money than liquidity you know that the banks should be bankrupted, and that is how all the too big to fail are right now the are.

Just like the government is.

Based on QE half life, we should see the Fed bumping up there purchases, "printing", mid February equaling QE5. If this happens, the fix is in and its time to get out of dodge.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by oasisjack
I voted Obama, not shocked nor surprised. Ss was reduced a few years back by 2% or so I believe figured it would go back up. Also Obama can't cram anything through a republican owned house and Senate had your beloved republicans got what they wanted middle class and poor would have been squeezed to death while the job destroyers (aka the wealthy) sits back and enjoys new breaks for being wealthy already.

The Republicans wanted cuts because Obama is still spending 100% more than we take in with taxes. That is like you making $50,000 (with no tax) and buying a house that cost you $100,000 a YEAR in mortgage. Try to work that out. Of course once we point out the economic TREASON you guys just say numbers have no meaning. That deficits don't matter anymore, they only mattered in the 1990s.

The Republicans would have voted against the payroll tax increase had it been offered, had Obama suggested ANY cuts what so ever instead of raising the debt another 330 BILLION.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yeah, but I thought that the Fed was going to stop numbering the QEs and just call it "infinitive"

at the expenses of tax payers what else can they do right? and people still think that all that tax increases are just for the good of the nation, actually for the good of the banksters

Is ok, hey correct me if I am wrong but we have not top yet Japan when it comes to QEs, right?, they are either in their number 7 or 9.

Every country are doing it, so the worlds economy is nothing but hanging in there thanks to the ability to either print money or borrowing money.

But as usual the media doesn't cover any of that anymore, Have you noticed?
is all about "Preventing an economic collapse" and people just wave their flag and kiss up to the crocks that keep Americans future in debt so they can preserve the wealth of the filthy rich.

Keep the masses dump and uneducated in financial and the economy issues, sell them the patriotic duty mantra and the tax payer just will keep bending more.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well, if food prices continue to rise and people on foodstamps can't buy enough food...

CRIME.

We are about to see crime rates start steadily rising. More burglaries/robberies/thefts. Make sure you guys lock you cars up!

This does not bode well for those advocating the 2nd amendment. I foresee a spike in gun-related crimes.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Sorry, but the Federal Reserve does not print money.

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing, which is under the Treasury Department prints the physical bank notes, in either D.C. or Fort Worth, TX. Both of those organizations are a part of the United States Federal Government

Now, it is true that the Federal Reserve (which is private, and not part of the Federal Gov.) dictactes how much currency can be printed -- but the Federal Reserve does not own printing machines itself.

ETA:
See how convoluted our monetary system is everyone? We have two layers of Federal agencies ... and an outside private bank dictating to them how much to print. Doesn't this seem like an excessive number of people involved in something that could be simpler and more streamlined?
edit on 7-1-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Why are Obama supporters surprised at this? Obama has been spending $$$$ like hes on crack since he was first elected in 2008.
I hope these fools now realize that he is actually the worst thing to happen to this once great country.....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Right, and Regan and Bush never spent much...

The whole "Obama is spending like a madman!" is just a bunch of twisted conservative rhetoric.

Who cares?! They're all just a bunch of numbers in a complex computer system owned by the elite banking cartels of the world.

These numbers (aka "money") only mean something to the middle class. The truly rich people have hard, tangible assets.The richest of the rich almost exist in a barter/exchange system. Goods for goods, services for services.

Do you realize how much free crap rich people and celebs get? It's free advertising.

The lower classes also barter and exchange more than the middle class. Someone fixes someone's sink for some fresh eggs and milk.

Then, the truly poor don't care about money at all. They just steal stuff.

I don't get why people get so worked up over government spending, the GDP and money in general. It's not real. It's not backed by anything.

And just like with any computer system of numbers...it *can* be manipulated, altered, fixed, or erased.
edit on 7-1-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join