learn more

Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There is no way around it.

I respect any politician who has the guts to stand up on his hind legs like a man, look us in the eye, and tell us "Everybody has got to pay more taxes".

To think otherwise is just stupid.

Look, we have made our society into one that is very sophisticated and costly. There are things we can't give up. If we want to maintain what we have, which we do, then we have to pay for it.

I only fault Obama, and all of them, for not having the guts to raise taxes period. It's the only way out of this mess.

Cry babies. You live the life. Suck it up.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This is why you are one of my favorite posters at ATS!

Awesome post ... telling it like it is!

Obama fans will never admit that their guy is a liar and bad for this country. Mr. 'No lobbiest will find a job in my white house' but turns the white house into a lobbiest haven. Mr. 'I'll cut the deficit in half' but instead makes it 16 Tillion in his first term and it's projected by many to go to 24 Trillion before he's done 'fixing the country ...

Gawd ...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by kozmo

Gee kozmo, you make it sound like everyone who voted for Obama is uninformed. I didn't vote for him (either time) but know plenty of people who did and are very well informed. This issue is political trolling, nothing more. Sure, it would be great to continue the 2% reduction forever. But we have to borrow to offset it. Much like the 'Bush tax cuts'. Are you suggesting that had Romney been elected that he would have extended these cuts? I highly doubt that. It's all BS anyway. Nothing they do or are even remotely capable of doing is much more than pissing in the ocean.

Please re-read what you posted, think back over the past 4 years and then repeat that statement with a straight face! There is NO "well-informed" Obama voter - not unless you count those who favor various shades of fascism. If you take an OBJECTIVE look at his record, the lies, the broken promises, the condition of the economy and the trajectory being laid out then your argument falls flat.

I'm not suggesting anything having to do with Romney. I didn't vote for him. And finally, I could not disagree more on your statement that there is nothing they can do. They are the government and could do a great many things if they were truly interested in solutions - like CUTTING SPENDING! This is why we elect these asshats, to get things done. It isn't that they can't, it's that they won't!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Informed and misinformed are not the same thing. Anyone, regardless of party, can be very well informed but if the information they are relying on is all misinformation and propaganda it does no one any good. I know a few well informed voters, very few, the rest however are uninformed or very well misinformed. I have been both shocked and saddened by some things I have heard younger people say and question our viability going forward without significant changes and much better education.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
No one with a rational mind should be shocked by any of Obama's actions. Our do as I say not as I do President is a wordsmith.... It's bizarro world folks. Take everything his says and apply the opposite and you will get the truth.... That's the only way.. Funny how he once claimed during his first campaign sales pitch in 2008 that jacking the nations debt/deficit was unpatriotic!! Then spent 4 years adding $4 plus trillion to it...

No one noticed that?? No one cared?? The media never held him to his own words... Anyone who blindly supported Obama in the second election is nothing more than a useful idiot to Obama...

His actions speak far louder than his words!!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Not towards you, but who is truly surprised at this????

Conservatives and Libertarians have been stating this would happen.
Now, couple this with the 0bamaCare tax and people are going to be crushed.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
When voting for elected officials became a popularity contest we could kiss our asses goodbye. Ron Paul was ignored because of age, maybe he wouldn't of done a good job however we've had the same people in Office for the last how many years? It's getting hard to keep track. I believe someone once said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Welcome to the population of the insane, enjoy your stay!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
As new taxes hit an already struggling American public, you just have to wonder how much more we can take.

Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.

With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters.

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left.

www.washingtontimes.com...

That's right. Just bend over and take it Amerika. 3.50 gas, and now even more taxes. Just living is becoming impossible. Rent out the roof, food skyrocketing. We are ******.

The government has a lot of nerve to even THINK about raising taxes right now. But they did it. Yeah, CHANGE you can believe in.
edit on Mon Jan 7th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

so...Obama is to blame for corporations raising their prices, or keeping your income too low to live on? c'mon people here still have brains cells left....and about those taxes???? they were what everybody was paying back in the nineties..but now...somehow you can't live with them?....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

so...Obama is to blame for corporations raising their prices, or keeping your income too low to live on? c'mon people here still have brains cells left....and about those taxes???? they were what everybody was paying back in the nineties..but now...somehow you can't live with them?....
Not just obama. Though he is easily the worst of the bunch since fdr and wilson before him. All of these politicians have been screwing us for the last 100 years.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Yeah, I guess we should be "agog" that the roll back is being spun like this, but I'm not.

Yeah, it hurts, but if you guys want your Social Security in the future, it has to be funded.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64
reply to post by oasisjack

I love being called an obamabot or pinko though I am neither it just goes to show that a country based on freedom of thought only applies to you if you agree with the republican party.

[snipped]

Most people on ATS are against both parties and they see the scum for what they are, statists. Both parties are statists and hate freedom.

Most people on ATS *CLAIM* they are against both parties. Among those, a fair % actually are ...and some like myself ..well..it took a bit longer than others too see the truth in all that.

For the rest and far too many still? They're against both parties until someone picks on THEIR party. Then, woe be the person who really believed the idea that we're all against them together. Errr... Together can be defined real differently, depending on whose point of view it comes from I'd say.
edit on Mon Jan 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Not just obama. Though he is easily the worst of the bunch since fdr and wilson before him. All of these politicians have been screwing us for the last 100 years.

Sad thing is.... There isn't a thing we can do about it.
I'm not sure our votes even count anyway. Electoral College makes all the decisions it seems.
And either way, you can't get the average person to believe there is another "party" outside of Democrat & Republican. They believe THAT IS ALL THERE IS. --That either your a Democrat OR Republican.

It's all a sham to make the people think they have the power and freedom. Biggest bunch of BS ever.
Wake up folks!! Republicans and Democrats in upper Govt. don't give two #s about you or I.

-They just want LOYAL WORKERS while they sit on thier asses and # us with red and white striped member.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Yes, I have to agree. I was not informed enough when I voted for him back in 2008. I finally just skipped voting in 2012 - first time since I was old enough. I couldn't see an option. Obama and Romney were just too similar to even pretend that coke tasted better than Pepsi...it was still modified corn syrup and/or corn syrup solids. I would've voted for the other positions up for election, but I loathe the concept of voting "party lines" as though membership in a club was an absolute proof of validity or veracity. I think there are republicans, who, upon pronouncing Lindsey Graham's name (and Democrats, who, upon pronouncing John Edward's name) will see that that is just not the case.

Besides, I gave up on the Democratic Party back in 2004...Obama in 2008 was like testing a hypothesis for me. I reluctantly wore a D on my sleeve and voted for him.

Truth of the matter, as I see it after all these years, is that the informed American voter is an endangered species. As for an informed Democrat or Republican....that beast went extinct decades ago. For the record, rote memorization of partisan talking points does not equate to "getting informed"...but twitter's 140 character limit sure does make it easier to toe that line.

Edit: forgot to continue the thought in the first paragraph: I wasn't going to vote party lines, and with the way they word the ballot measures, you had better look into them before walking in the booth. Same goes for judges, mayors and other local officials. Having just lost a job and closed a business I got a little too overwhelmed to power thru this time around.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by soundguy

Dude, get ready for a butt whopping here.

The Social Security item was addressed in the article.
The fact is that taxes are going up, and Pelosi this weekend just stated this is the beginning.

Dems love taxes and have stated there is no spending problem, just a revenue problem.

I do love it with 0bama lackeys come out, it sure is fun.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by soundguy

I guess you didn't care to read the article sourced in the OP

So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year‘s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Suppose that "holiday" could have been extended?? Yes, this will be a new tax increase for all of those who have benefited from the "holiday". Not a new tax but a new increase... No word games please..

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
*ahem*

Allow me to post something a little more mature than my last post. (
)

The realization that the tax increase will impact everyone and not just the 1% (that was so successfully targeted by this administration) is going to be a rude awakening, although a "much deserved" one.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

How ironic... It was ALL Bush's fault but now it's just the corporation's fault.

4 years ago the average household was also earning $4,000 more per year.

4 years ago, the costs of adhering to government regulation was significantly lower.

So, yes, Obama IS to blame for corporations having to raise prices and slash wages. So, how many brain cells do YOU have left???

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Really???
Not 0bama's fault still????

Good hell. When reality smacks you in the face, maybe join the rest of us here.

Until then, I love reading your Pro-0bama banter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join