It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First landscape painted in photoshop, please critique

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

composition is lacking, no focus , not enough definition, nor enough contrast. you need a focal point. even in landscapes there is a subject.

what emotions or ideas are you trying to get across. way to much sky try cutting some out and lowering clouds, you have trees darker infront of trees that should be darker
i could really hack it to pieces , but because its photoshop, you are not in art school (that i know of) i wont ^^

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

i grew up with that guy ,, hahah fluffy clouds and little happy trees lol good ol bob in 5am in the morning age 6-8 lol

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I think that there is room for improving the details you put into the trees, the mountains are pretty much perfect, and the clouds could be made fluffier (like you did on the outside of parts of them). These are my suggestions on things you could work on (it's always good to know that!), it's a great start and better than I could do.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Thanks for your critique, I'm not in art school, just starting out doing landscapes, wasn't trying to do anything but attempt a landscape, eventually I want to do fantasy landscapes, like alien ruins and such.
The mountains are a ps brush, haven't been able to draw them myself
Does anyone suggest a good computer program (free lol) I can use to do computer art?

Here are 2 others I've done

edit on 1/9/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

this landscape is nice ^^ more depth and contrast

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Nice work Homer, you got me motivated to do more!!!

Keep at it, i like spreading out the paint and using the smudge tool to blend it all together...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join