It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Unearthed, Any Good?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
H2 (History Channel 2) has come out with a new series called America Unearthed. I have heard a little bit about it, and it seems extremely interesting, so I'm watching the first episode.. What do you all think of it? Have you guys watched it or looked into it at all? Is it any good?

America Unearthed

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hey thanks for the heads up for this, here is the whole video.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I liked it a lot , I watched the 1st episode , but just like every other show you don't get anything conclusive .
Very informative and also learning things I'd never heard of .
I'll continue to watch it

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Have not seen it...

My question is it possible for ANY truth to come out of the MSM?

There is a hidden agenda behind ALL of the media because of WHO is behind it.

Just how reliable could something on the Propaganda Channel be?

Isn't it under Rupert Murdoch?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel, and a large part of why I posted this.. Can anything like this actually BE truthful when it is on as you call it, one of the propaganda channels? I mean, it's hard to believe that such a series has been made and is being AIRED, let alone the oddity of it being on such a huge, big time mainstream propaganda channel..

The whole thing seems to be really interesting, and I am interested in what the show is supposed to be based off of, but my question is why and the hell would anything that is so controversial/'taboo' and obviously full of purposeful disinformation and so on be aired (without an agenda and in a TRUTHFUL manner) on such a mainstream propaganda channel..
edit on 7-1-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Have not seen it...

An interesting point, for sure.

I had a similar thought when they started pushing the Ancient Aliens thing pretty hard.

Then again, I also absolutely had a similar thought when I first heard of Jesse Ventura's show. Of course, that one isn't on history...

Regarding the question of the channel's ownership, it is owned by "A&E" which is apparently owned by The Hearst Corporation and Disney.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I thought it was very interesting. There are some interesting links that I want to research more. The Maya Blue connection seems to be the largest since they saved it for the finale. The copper plate that resembled iconology from Guatemala, dug up in Georgia was very intriguing. I am defiantly going to go research more on all this now.

What I find curious is how the structures in Georgia are small stones and shoddy made. Why is it cultures forget how to build? It is the same way with the Inca in Peru. So many sites, the new builds are smaller stone and shoddier builds.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
The whole thing seems to be really interesting...

Nice to see some are in agreement here...

I expected the usual flame war so what a nice surprise.

This reminds me of the Zeitgeist films and how they use a lot of truth with a little bit of lies thrown in.

That is how rat poison works, 99% truth, 1% lies...

Rat poison consists of 99% real, pure corn.

Rat poison looks like corn, it smells like corn—and it even tastes like corn.

This is how I see things like TV etc., rat poison for the mind...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
thanks for posting

well, im only 2 and a half minuites in and im feeling i may struggle watching this
i mean could the start of been any more dramatic and pure cheese?
first impressions
Scott Wolter -> ACTOR/forensic geologist
i will comment after watching the full episode whether my above assessment is a valid one

i just want a normal bloke or team to go the sites, film everything, present evidence for AND against and for there to be NO stupid dramatic music, cut scenes, dun dun dun BS etc....

ok, going to watch now

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

Excellent show! There is already a thread up about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The guy LostWorldsORG, posting in the latter part of that thread is actually Gary C. Daniels, the 2nd guy interviewed on the show.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I know what you mean but its actual tv, they do have to get peoples attention to get good ratings. I'd like to see this stuff presented in a straight-forward non-dramatic way as well but.. thats what reading is for.

This is just, well, remember Unsolved Mysteries?

Dude was in a trenchcoat in a foggy dark alley between the depictions of ACTUAL REAL unsolved mysteries. That air of mystery is what draws people in, the whole show isn't like that anyway. It goes into a good bit of detail, hope you like it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: nevermind

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
OK. Here goes, my first post.

I have watched the program a couple of times to get the stuff I missed the first time. It is interesting to say the least. It pulls you in.

If you want to know how credible all of this is, I suggest the following approach:

First, Google the Forensic Geologist. Find out which university he is affiliated with (show implies Univ of Minn.). He would be affiliated with one of the departments such as Geology or perhaps Archaeology. His credentials are public record and can be viewed through the university website. Look at his publication record, and review the actual papers. He may even have his email posted. Might also want to look at the classes he teaches. And for the lucky few that live close to Minneapolis, most professors will allow interested persons to audit their classes.

Hope this helps.
edit on 10-1-2013 by RockGuy because: Changed last sentence

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I wanted to watch it but was afraid it would be one of those things where they do a lot of fancy talk and don't really come to a conclusion. Think i may watch episode 1 tonight

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Terrible show full of pseudo-science.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've watched the first three episodes. The one about the giants was lame.

I wish he'd go after the Grand Canyon "hidden citadel," discovered in the early 20th Century by G.E. Kinkaid.

Ancient ruins discovered (1909) in Grand Canyon

Final thought: at least this program is better than Chasing UFOs...

new topics

top topics

join