It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Simpsons Predict Collapse of America within the next 6 weeks to 3 months.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
the thing that made me say "wait just a minute" in the episode was when they were in their bunker or whatever it was and the guy had the modified scope for making killing people easier. it, of course, had a set of angry eyebrows drawn on the scope to make everyone look angry when you were aiming down the sights. well, he went through the whole group looking at them through it, and when he got to maggie, he stopped and very ominously said "bang". at the least, it was very tacky of the writers to make such jokes after a bunch of kids got killed in a school shooting. at the most, and its a stretch, they are trying to hint us in that it was a staged event.

man, i sound absolutely crazy when i say this stuff out loud sometimes, haha.......

When was the show written and recorded? That can speak a lot to what is going on. If it was done prior to Sandy, well then you have your answer.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by Char-Lee

They specified america's collapse. Which means only one thing. Financial collapse. It's been brewing for a very long time. It has to happen sooner or later. It is very possible it could be mere weeks away, especially with the debt ceiling coming up.

True but the date being so close, it the object were to hit or cause other catastrophe it could cause total collapse.
Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
*WHEW*

And I thought the collapse of America really might just happen!

Folks, when's the last time someone predicted an event before it happened on ATS with accuracy? Anyone? Yep, I thought so.

If it's on ATS and a time frame is attached-- it's not going to happen.

The last time was the Aurora shooting. It was spot on. I'm sure you know the thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
reply to post by Trolloks

Dis-informant's at their finest right here ladies and gents.

So, anyone with a counter argument is a dis-informant? Have you never had a debate or proper converation about topical issues and take into account the counter argument? It seems to me that (not just you, others too on this thread and site) are just looking for people to agree with their point of view on certain events, to back up their own opinion, and anyone who dissagree's or has a different view on things are labeled as a 'dis-informant/sheeple/closed minded/stupid'.

This is exactly one of the things that this episode was mocking, people like you who are hell bent on the world ending, and are even dissapointed when the world doesn't end.

Yes, the world is in an economic mess, yes there is a very, very high chance of a stock market crash in the near future, but this episode of the simpsons was not 'predicting' anything, infact, it was mocking people who believe such things.

Seriously, open your mind to the world of satire.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I think you watch too many cartoons. All media we see on mainstream TV, is a mirror of what is trending at the moment. If everyone had been talking about making a better dog biscuit...if everyone was tweeting dog biscuit recipes, and posting about dog biscuits on FB...the Simpsons writers would be whipping up an episode on...dog biscuits.

When was the last time you spent a whole day outside, just looking at real life around you...just curious...

Des

I really think you underestimate the power of "cartoons" on the subconscious... Looking at your post count, when was the last time YOU spent a whole day outside, just looking at real like around you? Just curious...

MrM

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
TBH, I viewed it as one 5 second segment of the episode, lines that barely raised a chuckle. Simpsons are doing well keeping things up to date and fresh, one of the recent episodes with Homer playing a medieval village game on an iPad was very funny!

But seriously, deriving possibility of events because a cartoon included a line of dialog that semi-reflects what people discuss on ATS? That's a case for retardation IMO. The same way Simpsons co-incidentally provided an image of a 9 next to twin tower lookalikes. The same with that clock thing (I can't remember it fully, but the hand of a clock pointed at something).

It's threads like this that make you realize you're in the presence of a whole heap of loonies (the ones who believe it IS a hidden message). So to answer the OP:

No, it was just a line of dialogue relevant to what's going on in the world at the moment, and nothing more than a sarcastic viewpoint by the writers. Any moment taken to wonder if a cartoon is predicting or did predict something is valueless - it's a moment wasted. Go and do something productive

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm at work and posting from my phone so I can't embed pictures. I didn't watch last nights episode, however, as I was channel surfing I briefly stopped on the Simpsons.

The part of the show that was on was, I believe, a woman standing next to a front load washer or perhaps a dryer, I really wasn't paying close attention.

What I did notice immediately was that the way her leg was bent and the location of the opening for the washer/dryer, it very clearly showed the number 40. Knowing the history of subliminal messages in past episodes of the Simpsons I thought to myself, "that has to be a clue to something."

As I stated above, I'm posting from my phone and can't embed a pic so if someone could locate and post the scene I am talking about it would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Ye that's right, the creators of the Simpson's have deep knowledge about the global future. Don't be so daft !

England is the seat of Masonry, funny how we in the UK don't think there are hidden messages in our cartoons.

Get over yourself !

QV.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I enjoyed the Simpsons the other night very much.

The first thing I thought of and asked my husband was.... " are they making fun of survivalists?" and he said probably.

They could be messing around and trying to see if anyone would catch that the collapse would be in 3months or 6weeks.

I mean the Simpsons come on fox. So there ya have it, they are messing with people. My opinion.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Its funny, you guys all talk as if america will never collapse.

It sure is going to be a rude awakening when it does.

It doesn't matter if the simpsons are right or not.

The sheer ignorance of the masses guarantees a collapse, and many of us deserve what we have coming to us.

We can only drive a car blindfolded so far before we crash.

The upcoming debt ceiling is not a joke. This time feels different than the rest. They are really going to default. They have too much debt, they can't even make the interest payments without having to borrow more money. That is just sad. So when feb 15 - march 1st rolls around and suddenly they need to raise the ceiling or default..... They won't be able to raise it. So they will default, its a mathematical impossibility for them not to at some point, and the next two months certainly look like its going to happen. The simpsons see this, and the writers of the show are not stupid. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the system is already on the brink. They've simply done the math to figure out when its going to happen. They may make fun of it, and do it all in a humorous way, but that is what they have always done. They make fun of society, on all things that we do, such as eating fast food and wasting our lives away. We find it funny because its true. So when it comes to a collapse, they know its coming, so they make jokes, people laugh, because its true.

The sad thing is, people believe they won't be affected by it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I don't think that America won't collapse, I feel it's inevitable.

I ask myself constantly when this will happen.

I am scared to death. I don't have a gun, I'm not prepared at all, and I have a little boy that Im scared for when shtf and America collapses.

I know the Simpsons have had several subliminal messages and some have come true.

I believe that everything is already set in motion and is going to happen, so I need to start preparing.

My grandma has always told me to be prepared, ever since i was a little girl. And all these shows and movies of the power going out and America or the world falling.

The elite want us to be numb to the fact that it is going to happen, so they just entertain us with movies, so we will be desensitized and numb when it does happen
edit on 8-1-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)
And in actuality a whole bunch of people won't be prepared and it will be survival of the fittest. Or the elite, will just have a mass de population method.... Maybe......just my opinion and my mind thinking in circles.
edit on 8-1-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Because it is true.

Read this intelligence that might help us all imagine how this is going to go down!

Alex Jones is a fraud! A bug!

[spam link removed]
edit on 1/10/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by qvision

Ye that's right, the creators of the Simpson's have deep knowledge about the global future. Don't be so daft !

England is the seat of Masonry, funny how we in the UK don't think there are hidden messages in our cartoons.

Get over yourself !

QV.

Yeah just look at The Lone Gunmen and X-Files.

I think you need to read this article....

[spam link removed]
edit on 1/10/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaX
I know people are going to hate me for posting this but you know about the Simpsons 9/11 magazine, right? The episode that was from aired in 1997. Here's a still image of what I'm talking about.

It wasn't a magazine, it was a brochure and the $11 is for a bus ticket or train or something to go to New York, not the price of the "magazine". I do see that it looks like 9/11, but people keep calling it a magazine and talking about how an $11 magazine doesn't make sense unless they intentionally wanted to symbolize "9/11", but what they should be talking about is how an $11 train or bus ticket from Springfield to New York does not make sense. (i believe they were in Springfield at that point in the episode...) So anyway, sorry, I jist wanted to point that out. It's not a magazine.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

I remember this episode very well; notice it says "family special" meaning the whole family 9 bucks...what's weird though, is they didn't take the bus...they drove; even when this family is supposed to be scrapping by and gas would cost more than the bus. Remember Homer got a boot put on his car? He was also drinking a lot of crab juice bought from a Middle Eastern vendor outside of the twin towers.

A crab is the sign of Cancer the first day of which starts on June 21...so what happened on June 21st 2001?

A federal grand jury in Alexandria, Virginia, indicts 13 Saudis and a Lebanese in the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia that killed 19 American servicemen.
Source: www.historyorb.com...

I'm not saying these aren't coincidences; but if they are just coincidences...They are very very strong ones.

This old episode of the Simpsons was banned from ever airing again, after the towers fell by the way...
edit on 13-1-2013 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Whoa check out the most recent ep. The beginning of it with the meteor crashing in and them saying 'The Couch-Don't get too comfortable'

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm seeing signs everywhere of a coming economic collapse. Not just in the simpsons. Its so obvious right now. Just look at the stock market. The dow is at a 5 year high, when we are just a few weeks away from a debt ceiling crisis? This defies logic. Something is wrong with the big picture people.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

There is also another time I actually just watched it and it may just be me but it seemed like a hint or a message. Season 10 Episode 12 principle Skinner takes the kids to a post office for a field trip. Nelson asks if the man had gone on a killer spree "He says nono the day of the gun totting mail man is long gone". Principle Skinner then leans kinda infront of everything and says "Im just glad I work at an elementary school" This episode came out in January 1999. Just the way he says it is kind of like if someone were to see it now after everything it'd be a bad joke. Like you said sounds crazy when you say it out loud haha but I watch Simpsons a lot and stuff like that always seems to get my attention and I'm usually right about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Also in the same episode Lisa asks "Why is there 9 digits not 5 on people's letters" the post office guy says "Oh those are citizen relocation codes hopefully we wont have to use those" Pretty sure this is referring to the american governments plan to relocate citizens to FEMA camps.
edit on 23-2-2015 by killuminati604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LoveChild

You link seems to be removed. Would be cool if I could check it out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join