It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation - Is it a problem? What is the solution?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
People who say the world isn't overpopulated - What about livestock food?

If everybody (7 Billion) could eat like Americans the world couldn't sustain the animal population.

The New Yorker

Americans also love to eat animals. This year, they will cook roughly twenty-seven billion pounds of beef, sliced from some thirty-five million cows. Additionally, they will consume roughly twenty-three billion pounds of pork, or the bodies of more than a hundred and fifteen million pigs, and thirty-eight billion pounds of poultry, some nine billion birds. Most of these creatures have been raised under conditions that are, as Americans know—or, at least, by this point have no excuse not to know—barbaric.

The cows alone would burn a hole in the ozone layer - Methane

edit on 10-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Even though much of the world goes hungry there are huge "Dead Zones" throughout the worlds oceans. Over fishing is creating an overpopulation in useless jellyfish.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, search for two video's that I included in one of my threads: Fishing in an Earthship home and 1 million pounds of food 10 000 fishes aquaponics (that was on 3 acres)

Aside from already being able to amply grow food for all the people, even in their own homes, and there is no excuse, for everyone on this planet not having their own farm, free, no taxes, cannot be taken from you if you break the law, their police state laws, is an infinite inalieable right of all people. Its our greed and acceptance of their "ownership" of our world that is harming people, murdering babies. I was born knowing how much they owed every single person on the planet and had stolen their rights and access to land and resources. What animal can deprive all the others of a home and starts selling the beaver dams and rabbit holes??? Its GREED.

The root of all evil and crimes in this universe is GREED.

Accepting it because, your own property will go way up in value, and who cares if your own children and grand children can't afford to ever own a home, is GREED as well.

So, actually, we already have the solutions to these problems. We've had nothing but solutions existing, inventors killed, information not adopted that should have been put in place, instead its buried.

We don't have a problem, we have crimes, ie. solutions buried.

On top of the land and farm and growing good healthy food issue, we need clean high technology.

They can clone beef and pork, in factories, that could be underground, on barren mountain tops, out of the way, and they can clone the meat itself or the muscles, without consciousness/brain or soul involved? And without GMO, changing the nutrients in it, and it could be organic. Imagine that.

High Clean technology, not fossil fuels, clean energy solutions, without wasting prime land, ALL HERE ALREADY, JUST NOT IMPLEMENTED.

And expanding into the solar system.

Our population is going to probably increase substantially, but we have to get out of this Scarsity/Greed thing ASAP.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What is really ludicrous is there never was a problem. There is no problem, just solutions.

And in countries that are not run by Mafia Gangster Renegades, like in the third world, bought off by the World Banks, or Fascist/Theologies, where people have economics and services and a standard of living, you don't have too many baby being born, to try and ensure some survive growing up.

All of this is orchestrated by TPTB.

The problems are the psycho's running the world.

The problem is that we sit back and allow them to do this instead of a sane, world of abundance, not scarsity, happiness for all, not greed and rank and file, and high science where clean and good progressive solutions are implemented for the good of all.

Then, we sit back and continually see threads like this.

TPTB who have created this problem, buried the solutions, for their mafia kingdom and power over others is the biggest turn these vampires have, shout out, CULL THE HERDS. More turn ons for them. Fear, Doom, Fear, Doom, Bury Solutions, Kill Inventors, Refuse to Free the World, Enslave Everyone, more threats to cull the heard, more Fear, More Doom, more turn ons for these jaded wraiths/banshees/orcs/trolls.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

They can clone beef and pork, in factories, that could be underground, on barren mountain tops, out of the way, and they can clone the meat itself or the muscles, without consciousness/brain or soul involved?

Even if TPTB allowed this, most of the world is Religious.

Any creation of soulless life - Frankenstein Meat, would be rejected even by the poor and hungry.

It would be considered sacrilegious. The poor are usually the most devout.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Our lifestyles have alot to do with that too. If we planted trees and seeds to feed ourselves, and get our exercise tending to them rather than using the fuel to travel to the store and gym everyday could you imagine the impact toward self sustainable? If we can properly steward the resources that are available to us on a daily basis then yes we can make a difference. What I mean by stewarding is simple common sense, for example I need some angelica root, so I go and find what I need, properly identify and harvest only what I need. If there are only 2 plants available and I need 3, well too bad, I will only take 1 and continue my search. I hear an awful lot about overpopulation at the same time that I am seeing a push into cities to spare the wild areas. To me that is counter productive. If we weren't so obsessed with our conveniences and our toys and having what we don't need, then the lack of resources would not be such an issue. I don't see Bill Gates giving up his jets or his lifestyle. The people spouting this nonsense expect us to comply so they can have their toys at our expense.

I could be way off, it's early and I feel like crap, but if it is the dwindling resources that makes everyone scream population control, then why don't we take the logical step and use those resources more wisely.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Vertical Farming

If governments invested in this type of technology instead of weaponry, it could solve a lot of the worlds hunger problems.

With this type of farming, pesticides could be dramatically reduced/eliminated.

Droughts would not be a problem, and crops would not be lost to Heat/Cold weather extremes.

With benevolent governments the current world population of 7 billion would be no problem.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
David Wilcock stated that the Amazon Basin alone could feed 20 billion people.

Wilcock has said a lot of crap and all of it is just that-Crap.

Anyway, overpopulation is not a problem in the developed world, it's a problem in the third world where people are already living on the edge. Now, there is also the problem of food in general as there is no way everyone on the planet is going to be able to eat the amount of meat the developed world does without pretty much wrecking the planet.

Good thing I'm ok with being a vegetarian.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
As others have indicated we do not have a population issue we have a density and distribution.

Density: Someone mentioned Japan. What they fail to realize is that although Japan is tiny, the vast majority of those people are compressed into the 3 largest cities in Japan. Once you get outside the urban area, its all rural and "in the middle of nowhere." Heck, take a train 15 minutes out of Tokyo and you are already out of the suburbs and into the farmland. However, they suffer a severe distribution issue - after the 2011 earthquakes, the stores in Tokyo were running out/rationing of food, and the areas hit by the Tsunami are still trying to rebuild. Unfortunately this is not the case in India or China. Their cities are just as concentrated, but instead of gradually making way for the rural lands, it's structured like a giant wealthy onion. The net result is that the supplies needed become harder and harder to reach the outer layers, and the slums and poverty you see as a result is because of this density issue.

Distribution: Why are there starving kids in Africa (or any other 3rd world country - lets not focus on the starving kids in the US for the moment)? The US destroys how many thousands of metric tons of grain each year because of supply and demand forces in the US market? Couldn't we just box this grain up and ship it off to Africa - the US does do a lot of humanitarian grain shipping every year, but still a lot of the grain rots and is destroyed. Unfortunately, the logistics of moving large amounts of goods across an ocean takes a lot of resources, energy, and money - much more than the African nations can afford, and a lot more than the US is willing to spend. It is a problem of geographical barriers and distance.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Read about this yesterday
California Birth Rate Falls Below Threshold for Repopulation
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodsmom
Our lifestyles have alot to do with that too. If we planted trees and seeds to feed ourselves, and get our exercise tending to them rather than using the fuel to travel to the store and gym everyday could you imagine the impact toward self sustainable? If we can properly steward the resources that are available to us on a daily basis then yes we can make a difference. ...

What blows me away is the level of ignorance we have of living systems, and the lack of utility of those systems.

Only recently have people started figuring out things like using earth worms on commercial farms instead of chemical fertilizers, and things like that, or using bacteria to recycle waste, generate power, etc.

With all the biodiversity on this planet, we can figure out the best combinations of life to create sustainable living systems and neighborhoods / habitats. The systems can generate food, clean water, energy, etc. Why do I know this? I know this because there are places in the world where it naturally exists.. systems that naturally create clean water, food... and you can live there without any help from the outside world.

Poverty is not a lack of money, and flat screen TV's.

Poverty is ignorance and the inability to generate ones own life - sustenance; or the absence of systems that create this sustenance. Due to this ignorance, and ability to create life sustenance, people become dependent upon money, and the 'commercial', big-business systems for sustenance.

The study and understanding of these life-symbiotic-systems should be the centerpiece of studies in our schools. What else can be more important?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
People=pollution=global warming=less habitable living space=War=less people....and on and on we go.

you have to ask the question, why do some people procreate when the situation they are in doesn't allow for it....is it just me or are we all tired of seeing starving kids in African dust bowls....I can only blame the parents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join