It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical prophecy soon to be fulfilled.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The situation in Syria seems to be getting far worse before it will get any better. As rebel troops seem to be getting a slight advantage and are moving towards Damascus, the Syrian military rebuttal seems to be getting more violent and intense.
Article

Isaiah 17
New International Version (NIV)
A Prophecy Against Damascus 17 A prophecy against Damascus:
1 “See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins.

When it does come to pass, many will call it a coincidence.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hey, buddy, can we just freaking get it over with already? You religious folks seem to have no sense of time. I have been listening to this prophecy about to come true rapture stuff for way to long. Man what a show it will be. Course it will be my luck I will be long dead before it happens so I will likely miss it

Sorry allow me to make this a more valid comment. Please provide valid links proving the time is near. Thanks you very much.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Mamatus because: wanted to make it right lol

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

your post is irrelevant and added nothing important to my thread.
next time do us a favor and just think it in your head and dont post it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The other person who commented was very rude!!

I think your findings are valid and deserved to be looked into! Clearly they were not taught manners.. if you have nothing nice to say then do not say anything. Yet they wonder why the world is messed up!

Of course they will call it a coincidence just like all of Nostradamus' predictions

edit on 7-1-2013 by misse2miss because: spelling

edit on 7-1-2013 by misse2miss because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss

Ah, misse2. Only one person replied, not two. The op replied to the replier as you might reply to me. But don't bother because I'm tired and will now go to bed.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I have to say, when all this Syrian trouble began I remembered the old Biblical Prophecy about Damascus becoming a ruinous heap and it got me worried. Damascus is the longest continually inhabited City ( allegedly ) so this prophecy is still valid but I think it safe to assume that it may not come to pass in my lifetime.

Its likely that even if this prophecy was once true due to quantum physics that Predicted Universe may have splintered off several billion times before I got to even take my first breath so I am no longer worried about prophecy even if things do come to pass its not like we can stop it so I just carry on and live my life.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
ash-Sham is roughly 40 sq mi. That would be a large pile of rubble.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Certainly can't sweep it under the carpet with whats happening in Syria but one thing I disagree with is the Rebels starting to get the advantage. They are far from taking Damascus let alone Syria.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

There are two problems with trying to find fulfilments of these more "political" prophecies in the Old Testament.
The first is that the main point of these prophecies is to give encouragement to the israelites of the prophet's own time. "You are afraid of these Syrians, Egyptians, Babylonians? I'm here to tell you that God is going to deal with them". This being the case, they were fulfilled in the same period of time. Thus the prophecy about the destruction of Damascus was fulfilled when the Assyrians attacked it.

If you try to find a fulfulment in later history, you come up against the problem that "fulfilments" keep happening, because the history of the Middle East has always been turbulent. For example, last year people were getting excited about the "king of Egypt will be overthrown" prophecies. But apart from the fact that this prophecy was fulfilled in Old Testament times (twice over, in fact, by the Assyrians and by the Persians), the prophecy was also fulfilled
when the ptolemies were overthrown by the Romans
when the Romans were overthrown by the Arabs
when the early caliphs were overthown by the Fatimids
when the mamelukes took control
when the mamelukes were overthrown by the Turks
when the British came in and took control
when King Farouk was overthrown by Colonel Nasser
when President Sadat was assassinated
And if the prophecy is being "fulfilled" every couple of centuries, what is so special about any one fulfilment?
The same applies to prophecies about Damascus. Would you like to guess how many times Damascus has been conquered over the last two thousand years? So if Damascus is demolished yet again, the repetition won't have any more value than the previous occasions.

edit on 7-1-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by iSHRED

There are two problems with trying to find fulfilments of these more "political" prophecies in the Old Testament.
The first is that the main point of these prophecies is to give encouragement to the israelites of the prophet's own time. "You are afraid of these Syrians, Egyptians, Babylonians? I'm here to tell you that God is going to deal with them". This being the case, they were fulfilled in the same period of time. Thus the prophecy about the destruction of Damascus was fulfilled when the Assyrians attacked it.

If you try to find a fulfulment in later history, you come up against the problem that "fulfilments" keep happening, because the history of the Middle East has always been turbulent. For example, last year people were getting excited about the "king of Egypt will be overthrown" prophecies. But apart from the fact that this prophecy was fulfilled in Old Testament times (twice over, in fact, by the Assyrians and by the Persians), the prophecy was also fulfilled
when the ptolemies were overthrown by the Romans
when the Romans were overthrown by the Arabs
when the early caliphs were overthown by the Fatimids
when the mamelukes took control
when the mamelukes were overthrown by the Turks
when the British came in and took control
when King Farouk was overthrown by Colonel Nasser
when President Sadat was assassinated
And if the prophecy is being "fulfilled" every couple of centuries, what is so special about any one fulfilment?
The same applies to prophecies about Damascus. Would you like to guess how many times Damascus has been conquered over the last two thousand years? So if Damascus is demolished yet again, the repetition won't have any more value than the previous occasions.

The main problem with your post is that Damascus is still a city.

That prophecy is one of the most black and white prophecies in the Bible.

Might want to re-read that passage before you comment

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wikipedia - Syrian Civil War

Not to put a dampener on this, however Syria has been in and out of a state of "civil war" since 1964, with many coups and revolution. Given the area (generally speaking) is in a state of instability, and given the history of the area I'd suggest its a case of ebb and flow.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

If "ceasing to be a city" is going to be your definition, I should point out that nothing in the current Syrian crisis is likely to cause Damascus to cease to be a city. If it is levelled down to the foundations and reduced to rubble, it will simply be re-built once the trouble is over.. So it is unlikely to be fulfilled by your own definition of it. In any case you cannot say that it has been fulfilled until you have waited long enough to make sure that the city isn't going to be rebuilt.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by radpetey

If "ceasing to be a city" is going to be your definition, I should point out that nothing in the current Syrian crisis is likely to cause Damascus to cease to be a city. If it is levelled down to the foundations and reduced to rubble, it will simply be re-built once the trouble is over.. So it is unlikely to be fulfilled by your own definition of it. In any case you cannot say that it has been fulfilled until you have waited long enough to make sure that the city isn't going to be rebuilt.

I agree with that......I think Assad may do something abominable to another country on his way out.

Sorry....I did not make the connection to your response to that particular post

edit on 7-1-2013 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

You are loosely connecting two completely different situations. Even in the most generous light this prediction is loose at best.

Plus Damascus has already been fought over many many times over many hundreds of years. Your prediction has already come to pass many times.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Damascus is the longest continually inhabited City ( allegedly ) so this prophecy is still valid but I think it safe to assume that it may not come to pass in my lifetime.

It's the LONGEST city? In the world?

Longest city that has been continually inhabited? I didn't know the length of cities was somehow relevant - I always thought it was the size of them (in all directions) that matters.

Or are you trying to say something else, but not quite succeeding? I do wish people would put more thought in -how- they try to express their thoughts, not only -what- they are trying to express.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

It has been inhabited for the longest duration of time..

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
everyone saying the prophecy has already been fulfilled numerous times, READ the scripture, it says reduced to a pile of rubble. War near or in the city is not a pile of rubble. One kid pushing another into a mud puddle IN DAMASCUS is not reducing it to a pile of rubble.

Damascus is still standing and has yet to become a pile of rubble.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss

HI

I myself do not really believe in Nostradamus, as many of his predictions were translated in different ways such as the 9/11 incident.

He really was not a prophecy at all, he really was a scientist however he had some visions and certain gifts that led him to predict the future.

However the only book with the true predictions is the bible.

My opinion
thank you

top topics

join