It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be kinder than necessary 'cause everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I seem to be finding all kinds of neat stuff lately. Came across this just now about a catfish that tried to swallow a basketball.

I know this sounds like the start of a joke, but there are pics, so it did happen.

link

Bill Driver, who lives in Wichita, KS, saw a ball bouncing around kind of strange in the lake and went to investigate. It turned out to be a flathead catfish who had obviously tried to swallow a basketball which became stuck in its mouth!! The fish was totally exhausted from trying to dive, but unable to because the ball would always bring him back up to the surface. Bill tried numerous times to get the ball out, but was unsuccessful. He finally had his wife, Pam, cut the ball in order to deflate it and release the hungry catfish. You probably wouldn't have believed this, if you hadn't seen the following pictures...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I usually think catfish are sooooo ugly....

....but that was just cute! awe. poor little ugly catfish!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
wow very cool pics, what are the chances..lucky catfish

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Imagine what that catfish could do to a human's appendage........

I've actually seen catfish much larger than that one.

They frighten me....they are also a big reason why I will not swim in certain lake water areas.

Ever!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Flag for your title.

No star, until a metaphor in your post matches that awesome title regarding how important respecting one another is to the well being of everyone based on our use of the natural skills that each of us were born with.

But, I believe that you are on the right track so I will keep checking back to see if I'm right.

new topics

top topics

join