It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu infections sweep America hospitalizing thousands and leaving 18 children dead of complications

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Good genes. Appreciate them.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
after new years day i caught a bug, not sure what to call it but it left me with no appetite and no energy, i had some nausea and just wanted to lay in bed all day, its been about a week and i'm starting to feel better. i guess there are several different strains going around. hope everyone takes care of themselves out there.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Trust me, I do.

Every single day

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Right on and fully agreed upon. Just trying to keep a perspective on a touchy subject, it is however a true and very real debate you and I are having on this subject, both sides making critical points.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Sugarcookie, I'm now praying for you and for your health to get better.

PLEASE stay extremely hydrated, so many suggestions for you but one suggestion is to use your breathing apparatus to keep your lungs exercised. Expectorants a must! Let me know if I can help in any way. If I do not have the right answers I promise I can find out asap from reliable and trusted sources.
edit on 10-1-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

antar
Your so nice thank you
I'm using my BD machine and vest that pounds my chest to get all the mucous up plus 2 different kinds of aerosols to open up my passages the DR today put me on more antibiotics he is trying to take care of this at home and not have me come into the hospital and possibly pick up something else..

I always get the flu shot every year but i didn't this time because of all the stuff that i read about how bad it is and the discussions here on ATS well it was a stupid move on my part i will never go without another flu shot I'm paying for it now with the flu and pneumonia and no friends allowed to my home or being able to go out anywhere till this is cleared..

I cant stress enough to people if you have this please stay home don't spread it around its miserable like yesterday i felt better then today its back like a vengeance this flu is nothing to mess with its dangerous..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Well the vaccines for this years strains were not in the mix so dont be too hard on yourself, in fact your body just may develop its own immunity to the strains this year when they mutate next or the following. It is hard to break this up in the lungs and keep it moving up and out, sounds like you have a lack of silia? The fibrous hairs that help push stuff up naturally. The vest is important so keep at girl, you are in my prayers.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Flu Outbreak: 47 States Now Reporting 'Widespread' Activity

Bad, and getting worse. It is predicted that the outbreak won't peak for another week or two. I haven't had a bad case of the flu or a bad cold in close to 23 years. What I am going to say next IS NOT TO BE TAKEN as medical advice. What works for me may be dangerous for someone else.

The reason I have not had a bad cold or flue incident in so long is because I take 8,000 to 10,000 IU of Vitamin "A" from Beta carotene and 50 mg of zinc from zinc glutamate every single day. How do I know this works for me? Prior to this long stretch I had been taking it for about five of years and was flu free so I decided to stop taking it. Within 3 months I came down with the worst case of the flue I have ever had. I took the hint and started it back up and have been flu free and have had only a couple of minor, very minor, colds since. Please be aware that so much vitamin "A" can prove to be toxic to some people so if you want to try this see your doctor first and watch for symptoms of vitamin "A" toxicity. The reason it doesn't affect me that way is because I have had some stomach surgery that altered the way I process food. Or I may just not have a problem with it. I really don't know what to attribute the lack of toxicity to. And, I do not take flu shots.

SOURCE

Flu activity is now considered "widespread" in 47 states, according to the latest report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released this morning.

The findings also show that deaths from pneumonia and flu are "slightly above the epidemic threshold," with 7.3 percent of all deaths occurring during that week-long period being caused by flu or pneumonia.

edit on 11-1-2013 by happykat39 because: forgot to add source link

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

First, Alex Jones is NEVER a source.

Secondly, pneumonia is a complication of the flu. If the folks hadn't caught the flu, they wouldn't of gotten pneumonia.

Never? He's never right? About anything? Ever? I certainly don't trust nor believe the absolution of your statement, because it's false. The report isn't even put out by Jones, but his staff. Secondly, the source of statistics comes from the CDC and was just being reported by Infowars. So sue me.

Tens of thousands are killed by the flu, you say? No, they are not. That is purely fear mongering and spreading false information. It is not an epidemic, stop being so melodramatic.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Where I work, they're not at the point where they're forcing us to get the shot, but I feel it's a matter of time. I got the shot, my hubby did not. Hubby has been quite sick for a week. I woke up Friday morning feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. This one is nasty. I ache everywhere, and my head feels like it's in a vise. Alternating chills and fever, nausea and vomiting. Seems this year the vaccine is not effective. I feel like I've been had. I wouldn't recommend getting the vaccine this year.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kaeguri

Hey not sure if this will help your gf or not but when I go to the doctors they say I have that nearly every time. If she is having trouble breathing and you can hear wheezing get her some RAW unfiltered honey. This stuff has been magic for me and completely replaced my inhaler. Helps allergies and asthma by reducing swelling in the lungs allowing me to cough up the yuckies easily.

Given the complex causes and effects of Asthma, nothing has proven more beneficial than raw Honey for its treatment. What is the Cutting Edge for treatment of Asthma? -Air flow is characteristically reduced in asthma, a cardinal symptom of which is cough but honey facilitates opening of airways. It also helps in diluting bronchial epithelium.

glurck.hubpages.com...

Can find loads of info on benefits of honey for asthma or even just a cold or flu when you wake up with lungs full of snot.
edit on 12-1-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankJaeger

I'm all for the current events involving illness not being natural but sometimes we can get caught up and see everything as a Conspiricy.

True, but so many, including myself have been expecting the 'pandemic meme' to play out, I even posted on it before I ever heard of places like NY being declared Sat. as having a 'flu emergency' and that the governor would have to take action, I see where he has receded the age limitations on the TOXIC Imo shots, I can't believe they would really use these on poor mal-nourished potentially toxic inner city kids. (Yes I know I repeat myself but REALLY this is going to POISON alot of these poor and create MORE sickness in the long run, I can't help believing that there may be a 'eugenics' component in these for profit programs somewhere.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have twenty students.

Last Thursday, five were out sick. Yesterday only eight managed to come to school (and one was sent home with a temp of 102 F).

Something is making them sick. I Lysol the room everyday, but the whole school is in the same boat.

Interestingly, I normally catch everything that comes through. Since taking the vitamin C suggested on numerous other threads, I've managed (so far) to remain healthy.

It's defininently the worst attendance issue I've ever seen. I don't know it's the flu, but something is making the kids sick and it's hanging on.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Sure. If your body has the proper tools in the form of the right nutrients to maintain an effective immune system you won't ever have to worry about these encounters with 'flu' germs.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Im currently recovering from one of the worst bouts of flu I have ever had. No exaggeration - I was actually concerned when I was freezing cold in bed with a hoodie and my winter coat on, with a heating pad and my fingers startes going numb. I suggest everyone take their vitamins and zinc and maybe carry hand sanitizer with you. If I wasn't in good health to begin with I could see this flu having the potential to kill. Stay well!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Where? where? my daughter works in the ER at one of the medical regional centers and the only thing been going around is the stomach flu and a nasty cold that last weeks.

My Zumba instruction works on the other regional medical center and she also said that the only thing going on around is the same a nasty cold and a stomach flu at least in my neck of the woods here in southern Ga.

Now I did hear in the news about the so call "deadly flu" but before that I heard in the news that vaccination turn around was poorly because people didn't wanted to get the flu shots in November for the season and money was been lost.

Soo I got a lack of flu in my neck of the woods and a complain by big pharma of no profits from flu vaccine, so I guess it sounds like a propaganda geared to scare people into vacination.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

so I guess it sounds like a propaganda geared to scare people into vacination.

I never ever trust the government. Any government that can conduct something like The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment on it's own citizens doesn't deserve a shred of trust. So even if there is something else at play, you could still be right on.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I tell you both my daughter and my zumba instructor are nurses, so far in the two regional medical centers that both works the biggest complain so far in the ER are a stomach flu that we all got it including my daughter it lasted two days, and back in late November we all got the nastiest cold that we have not seen in years, my last bad cold was three years ago and not flu (I never take the flu shot) I had the flu back in 2003.

The cold got most of the people we know, many end up in the emergency room thinking it was the flu because it started with chills and aches then after a week you feel better but it hit you again and by the second week we all end up developing sinus infections and lucky me an ear infection, antibiotics took care of that, but the worst is the cough that doesn't want to go away.

Thankfully nobody in the family end up with bronchitis.

All this here in my neck of the woods, the nasty cold has gone away but no real flu emergency or anything of that kind, thankfully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join