It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu infections sweep America hospitalizing thousands and leaving 18 children dead of complications

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaeguri
My girlfriend has been sick for nearly 2 months now with what the doctors in the emergency room called "Asthmatic Bronchitis", although she doesn't have asthma. They gave her a rescue inhaler and some kind of antibiotic that helps her when she can't breathe, but clearly have not completely helped. Chest xrays show she does not have asthma or pneumonia.

She's now playing this game where she does a round of meds, calls the doctor and says "I still need to use my inhaler several times a day", and he prescribes something else. We're on the third round of that.

Meanwhile, several co-workers and friends have been in similar situations, out of work for weeks or in the emergency room with complaints of being unable to breathe. And yet I'm not catching it.

I don't know. It just seems extremely bad this year.

I feel for you. Going on day 4 of the hubs in the hospital with pneumonia!! They said he aspirated some of the blood into his lungs?? Anyway, white blood count still up at 20,000, it was up to 60,000 when he was admitted. He still feels crappy, blood in lungs, & a massive headache that won't quite no matter what they are trying!! Going on almost 2 weeks without work! He worked 1 day, Saturday, because he ' thought' he was feeling better. Only to come home and end up in ICU that night. Please everyone stay safe!!
edit on 1/8/13 by j.r.c.b. because: Wacky puter

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well, I guess I joined the ranks last night. It hit me hard too, my throat started getting sore after I stopped for the day when not an hour later I was gasping for breaths. I have been able to calm things during the night and this morning with my homeopathic phosphorus tabs and my tea. I used rosemary, clover, yarrow, mint and labrador tea for the herbal tea with lots of honey. It seems to be helping since I can actually breathe now, but I need some help. I am home alone all day with my crazy 2 yr old and I can barely breathe let alone talk much, I have already excited symptoms by removing him from a position only a crazy 2 year old can find himself in.

What has anyone else done to breathe better? Steam is good I know, but off the table until my husband comes home (boy is that crazy,yes). I just need to get through today if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Started as a slight night cough, a little sore throat, sinus blockage, nothing too terrible. No fever, did not keep us down, but all at once it mutated...

My Grandfather passed away from complications of this flu.

Everyone at our home including Family, Friends and out of town visitors got it.

The teens and children both diarrhea and vomiting.

Adults diarrhea only.

We all have sticky stuff still in our lungs.

I could go on but just wanted to add to the discussion.
edit on 9-1-2013 by antar because: Edit to say it did seem at first to be simply some form of sinus infection...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well, I don't know if it will help you at this point but my my breathing has eased considerably after my tea this morning. I don't know if it was the phosphorus or the tea that helped the most, but whatever works right!!
I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Good luck on everyone else getting better!

As a side note, I almost asked you to adopt me this morning, you seem like such a good mama, but it sounds like you already have your hands full. I had to share when I saw you were the next response.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Problem with your statement,

IT IS A VIRUS

No antibiotic will help with the flu virus.

For some with immune compromised systems it is being done prophylactically to ward off things such as pneumonia.

At the first sign, do nasal cleanses, wash hands and face often, keep environment sterile as possible including, door knobs, remote controls, keyboards, light switches, just everything. Drink TONS of liquid.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Well it is a complicated situation, sickness is rare for my home although this one was totally different. I also use organic herbals and have a tea center that is amazing, but this is just one of those viruses we caught going out over the holidays that turned into worst case scenario. It has been a really really hard time here in our home but we are moving forward and looking forward to a brighter new year in general. Grandpa was almost 98 and lost his beloved bride of 55 years last year almost to the day, Grandpa knew he was being called home and going to be with his sweetheart "Dottie" before Christmas. True.

I appreciated your kind comments, it is lonely around here right now, so yeah, I will gladly adopt you!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
Flu infections sweep America hospitalizing thousands and leaving 18 children dead of complications, and it's going to get worse.

SOURCE

The U.S. has been hit with a particularly aggressive early flu season this year with widespread reports of the illness across the country, hospitalizing 2,257 people and leaving 18 children dead before the end of 2012.

And health officials say the numbers haven't even peaked yet.

'I think we're still accelerating,' Tom Skinner, a Center for Disease Control and Prevention spokesman, told reporters.

---------------------

Millions of people still have never heard about the miraculous healing benefits of Colloidal Silver.

Below are the links to some recent ATS Threads on this years Flu -

Colloidal silver cures MRSA infections, purifies water, destroys candida and fights the flu -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also:

Whats up with this cough that everyone is getting?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by chrisb9

Originally posted by quedup

At first sign of any illness take some Colloidal Silver - problem gone!

Exactly Right On quedup ! There are lots of people who still have never heard about the miraculous healing powers of Colloidal Silver. Below is a link to a Colloidal Silver Fact Sheet - and is Absolutely Vital Information.

The Colloidal Silver Fact Sheet

It is impossible for single-celled germs to mutate into silver-resistant
forms, as happens with conventional Antibiotics. Therefore, no tolerance to
Colloidal Silver ever develops. Also, Colloidal Silver cannot interact or
interfere with other medicine being taken. Inside the body, silver forms no
toxic compounds or reacts with anything other than a germ's oxygen
metabolizing enzyme. Colloidal Silver is truly a safe, natural remedy for
many of mankind's ills.

all4webs.com...

No doubt some in the FDA would like to limit or ban any or all natural remedies that are not pills cranked out by "Big Pharma"

Here is the up to date information from the colloidal silver link on that Fact Sheet web page. I use their colloidal silver myself. Below is the EPA information from their web site on their FAQ's

Q: Are colloidal silver products safe?

A: Advanced Colloidal Silver, taken according to our serving suggestions, contains less than one third the amount of silver referenced by the EPA in their drinking water standards. Utopia Silver Supplement's suggested one-per day serving contains approximately 100 micrograms of silver. The Environmental Protection Agency’s maximum daily reference dose of silver is 350 micrograms. That equates to approximately three and one half teaspoons of our Advanced Colloidal Silver.

Silver is one of the few substances that has a reference dose not based on an adverse health effect and for which the EPA removed the maximum silver contaminate level for drinking water. This action was obviously driven by the recognized low or non-toxicity associated with this mineral. As far as any claimed toxicity is concerned, drinking water is allowed to have three and one half times as much silver for an average daily consumption as a serving of Advanced Colloidal Silver provides. If it is safe to drink from the public water supplies of America containing naturally occurring silver, it is perfectly safe to use this dietary supplement, even up to three and one half times the suggested serving for any purpose you choose.

You may ask: How can such a small amount of silver have a positive effect within the body? The secret is in the infinitesimal size of the silver particles. A million of these silver particles could sit side by side on a cross section of human hair. The reason it works so well is that such a large percentage of the surface area of silver atoms are exposed to the body’s fluid environment, allowing these tiny particles to penetrate even the deepest tissues of the body and thereby supporting the immune system. These silver nano-particles are smaller than any blood cell, bacteria, fungus spore, or even virus. This is the key to the effectiveness of Advanced Colloidal Silver and the primary reason a 20 ppm silver product is all that is required to do the job.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I havn't been sick in 18 years. I don't get flu shots. BUT... if I were to get sick.

1. Start Liposomal vitamin C. I have some on order just in case for me and family members. I also have some pharmaceutical grade vitamin c (not made from corn, which most C is). I'll make my own Liposomal if needed.

2. I found a doc here in town that does IV vitamin C.

3. The same doc also does ultraviolet treatment of blood.

If I got sick or a familiy member did, I do the above. Liposomal C. If not results then IV c and ultraviolet treatment. The hospital is the LAST place I'd want to be.

So sayeth an RN, (which I am).

PS
I don't give medical or nursing advice over the 'net. I just give examples of what I would do. You do what you think is right.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by riverwild

Problem with your statement,

IT IS A VIRUS

No antibiotic will help with the flu virus.

Technically true. However... For a lot of people (as I think you have given a nod to) it's not the virus that kills you, but the secondary (often bacterial) infection that opportunistically takes advantage of the situation; particularly in those who are already immune-compromise or who have some underlying conditions such as asthma (as an example). That's why we keep hearing "Died from complications from the flu." Pneumonia is common and many strains of that are bacterial, and virulent. The semantic nit-picking here is not only pointless, but confuses people. Most people die from the secondary (often) bacterial infection, which is why antibiotics are pushed so much.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

But sometimes when those , and often several different types are given to the already compromised system, it can cause even greater problems that cannot be fought off and the patient dies anyway. Renal failure comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My husband was sick with this flu. It had me worried because I just was hospitalized with Pnemonia, then I got the norovirus, that lasted over a week, my husband then gets the flu. I woke with a fever and sore throat, the night before, I ran my ozone, and have been running the ozone and taking oil of oregano. It never got past the sore throat. I feel better today. Husband is still ill.

I think the combo ozone and the oil helped it not soread any further in my body, and my resistance is very low rite now . The oil, I just put under my tounge. I do not swallow that stuff, too hard on the intestines.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
We just got an email at work that if you even feel slightly sick to work from home.

No one wants to get the flu. We especially don't want the martyrs to come in and infect everyone because they are so important that they can't take a few days off.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

So many, far too many people have their egos wrapped around their common sense.

"Oh I NEVER get the flu" those are the people to watch out for.

Also kids in the school year for the "Attendance awards at the end of the year"

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by redhorse

But sometimes when those , and often several different types are given to the already compromised system, it can cause even greater problems that cannot be fought off and the patient dies anyway. Renal failure comes to mind.

This can happen. True enough. But it comes down to a risk assessment and judgement call from the health care professionals. Chancy business with some patients, and I happen to be one of those kinds of patients myself, hence my investment in the subject.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I live in Minnesota and i have this nasty flu along with pneumonia I'm on antibiotics but the Dr put me on them because i have a compromised immune system i also have cystic fibrous and my lungs fill very fast with fluid..

I'm giving this a few more days if it isn't better they will probably put me in the hospital.

Also i have a friend that works at the UOM and she says the hospital is over flowing with people that have this flu there is so many they have them in beds out in the hallways plus there have been a few deaths here from it let me tell ya Ive never been this sick with the flu before..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by johngalt722

It is an epidemic. It is an epidemic that happens every year. It is the severity that changes.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

First, Alex Jones is NEVER a source.

Secondly, pneumonia is a complication of the flu. If the folks hadn't caught the flu, they wouldn't of gotten pneumonia.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Who wants to take a stab at studying my immune system?
Never had the flu, last time I was really even sick was when I was three and had Scarlet Fever.

My wife on the other hand has been known to get the flu about once a year (and I'll spare you the intimate details) yet I have never contracted it.

Probably massively jinxing myself but oh well.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Tens of thousands of people are killed by the flu, over 200,000 are hospitalized. So it is a very serious problem.

Just because you think you don't get the flu, or don't show the viral symptoms, does not mean you don't have it and are not passing it on to other people.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
reply to post by Swills

Just 5,000? Wow, what noise. I was picturing like something along the lines of 10% of the US population.
I'm not exactly worried for myself either.

You would risk your own health and that of the people around you, by accepting a random stat on the internet, instead of doing your own research?

5-20% of the population will get the flu this year. This year is higher.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join