learn more

Razor wire rapid deployment system....

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So ATS...

what do you all think of this system?

Lock down a neighborhood in under a minute?

I mean really..

2 or 3 of these trailers in your streets could seal an area off in a heartbeat..

good or bad idea?

discuss!!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I wasn't that impressed. I was expecting better. There has to be an easier way than being dragged out of a trailer.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ways to make this useless;

Throw a blanket/towel over top and grab a step ladder or Bolt Cutters

Am I the only person who could physically jump over this anyways?? It looks like you could do a flip over it.
edit on 6-1-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Its... a rapidly deployed razor wire fence, nuf said. I could see where the NWO would want use this, maybe not the 30 minutes to clean it up is so effective, but hey, slowly walking targets are easier to kill

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

If you have enough time before the armed patrols come by and shoot you for tampering with it. It's not like they would just throw this down and call it a day. It would be "supplemental" to an armed presence of guards.

Am I the only person who could physically jump over this anyways?? It looks like you could do a flip over it.

It's higher than it looks, but do you really want to risk slipping and falling on it, or not timing your jump correctly, only to end up as cat food? Because that many razors will tear you to pieces.
edit on 6-1-2013 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It will do little more than slow down a pissed off mob. Or your average soccer fan. They will however be purchased by various Agencies as there is a ton of easy money for anything Homeland Security related. In fact the DHS has an open checkbook when it comes to protecting us from ourselves. Or as most us us see it, protect them from us

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
First thought was that’s cool then after seeing how little ground it covers it seems waste. We carried 4 times as much in Humvee trailers and with 3 guys it doesn’t take more than 20 minutes to set up. The trailer is a waste of space.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

It would contain people successfully in a smaller area where people are gathered on foot, like what you would find at a fair-ground or music festival. But to deploy this around an entire neighborhood to confine? No, it wouldn't hold. People could just plow their cars through it like butter on bread, or use a large piece of plywood, tarp, or other various methods to get over it (or under it using a wedge for leverage).

In conclusion, the razor wire alone would not be successful, but if you implemented a mass amount of armed militia to survey the neighborhood (along with the razor wire around the circumference of the neighborhood) to prevent people from escaping....then there might be a little problem...

Let's pray this scenario never happens. huh

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I sure would NOT want to miss that jump... you trip or don't make it all the way and then, to quote south park .. you're not going to have a good time.

But yeah this really wouldn't do much ... some bolt cutters and thick work gloves would have you through it in minutes.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7

It would contain people successfully in a smaller area where people are gathered on foot, like what you would find at a fair-ground or music festival. But to deploy this around an entire neighborhood to confine? No, it wouldn't hold. People could just plow their cars through it like butter on bread, or use a large piece of plywood, tarp, or other various methods to get over it (or under it using a wedge for leverage).

In conclusion, the razor wire alone would not be successful, but if you implemented a mass amount of armed militia to survey the neighborhood (along with the razor wire around the circumference of the neighborhood) to prevent people from escaping....then there might be a little problem...

Let's pray this scenario never happens. huh

yeah no kidding... a big piece of wood would be enough to defeat the system.. it wouldn't do much for blocking off a neighborhood where people have things in their house to make it over it trivially.. you'd have to surround people in a bare parking lot or something for this to matter.. and even then they could probably just stack some clothing over top of it collectively and STILL get over it ..

This would however be perfect for containing a nude beach..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
How do they usually deploy razor wire,?

And scary too think they could lock down your block in a few minutes.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The trick to this would be to put a round through
the radiator of the truck as well as a tire or two.

Hard to quickly deploy when the truck's not moving.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
How do they usually deploy razor wire,?

And scary too think they could lock down your block in a few minutes.

Razor wire would completely fail at locking down your neighborhood... you can get through it in minutes if you have access to your house =) .. throw some cushions from the couch over it ... the mattress from your bed.... heck, take the door off the hinges and prop it against the wire.. or as mentioned already.. just some bolt cutters

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

not new , and am certainly not impressed - and as for " locking down an area " - 4 GPMGs works

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I was going to say, bolt cutters would open a huge hole in this thing in 5 seconds with help from its own tension.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Two words:
Bolt Cutters

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I watch that and feel like throwing up.... 3 trailers like that would have corraled all couple hundred of us in the STL Occupy camp in less than 5 minutes....around the WHOLE plaza. Good God... Talk about instant prison camp right there, on the spot. Just set up a table at the point where the trailers meet to cross paths and you have a containment no one is getting out of without being badly torn up.

I can see GOOD uses for this. I don't trust who would be using it right now to apply it that way. I think we see the next method to SUPER-KETTLE protesters and with no options left.

I'd suggest anyone here who may be out in future protests look hard at the layout of that and what that trailer looks like. I'll bet the ones eventually flying the U.S. Eagle emblem with any of a variety of agency names will look quite similar ...and it may be a life saver to spot them parked nearby BEFORE they deploy the "Game Over" move for everyone inside the perimeter.

** Well... I found a company in China, one in India where i can buy the highly specialized tools to cut razor tape/wire...If I'm a cop. If this is dropping simple barbed wire? No biggy......but as I just learned in a crash course on the shocking variety of wire from farmer type fencing to maximum security prison razor tape ...I think it depends entirely on what is on the trailer. I went frame by frame on this..and it looks like the high security, cut resistant razor wire/tape.

Anyone in the Prison industry or Military that has handled actual RAZOR wire and not barbed wire...have any ideas of an easy way to cut that? It seems the decent stuff is specifically designed to resist cutting by any common hand tools.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join