It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can't beat them join them...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What is the point of fighting something you can not beat? I remember as a child watching a Goosebumps episode where a boy was attempting to fight a group of monsters in his school, he looked for any way to beat them devoting all of his time and energy into finding a way to destroy them until finally realizing that he could not. In the end he decided since he could not beat them and would eventually end up being turned into one of them that he might as well eat the cookie that would turn him and join them.

I am only months from graduating high school and looking forward i have no clue what to do, i think differently then others and see the world in a totally different light. As much as i want to go on to college and lead a "normal" life i just know that a "normal" life would not be normal to me. I want to contribute my talents to something greater then myself. There is no point in fighting something stronger then yourself because in the end you will lose, even if you think you have won.

When you are in the field next to the other cattle knowing what will become of you it does not feel good, I am simply looking to be the farmers favorite cattle.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is the point.

I do not understand why everybody wants to be the 'good guy' and destroy the bad guys.

Why not become the bad guys?
Its more beneficial.

In other words,
If you can't beat them -> Join them and become one of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by Newagekid2012

Young, yet wise

I went through this site thinking that I would help fight the good fight, but personal opinions about the way the world is evolve, and I think that your post reflects the next logical step in some people's mindframe.

I'm much the same. I'm going back to living in a way that involves joining those that you know you can't defeat. That's if they are evil in the first place. They may do evil, but if it means that it will benefit the world in the long term, then I'm happy to join.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I would only join them to defeat them at their strongest point of trust in myself...

no wonder you can't do it, your acquiesce to defeat before you even begin.

edit on 6-1-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You will not like what we have in store for us. There are no favorite cows only bloody beef. They only want end game results. You will go from being born to a pile a beef and never even know you were a cow.

You will be born and die and the only thing you know is oprsssion and 100% taxes just to eat. We are currently over 50% taxes.
edit on 6-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Because doing the right thing is in itself victory.

That's why.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Im at the point where there is no good and bad guys. There will be the winning and the losing, maybe they just do this for our own good. When you look at the world and you see how people act and interact then you may start to realize that it is in human nature to want to be controlled, if TPTB came out tomorrow and told the world what was really going on it would be the end of the world as we know it. Maybe they are just to far along in their game that there is no turning back. I just hate the thought of going into the pasture and blending in with all the other cows when i know i am capable of much more.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

My whole point being i know that im a cow.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you are not one of em now, you will never be one of them......Sure, you can sell your soul to the devil and allow him to use you for his amusement, but I can assure you this, you will NEVER be one of them.......

Think about it, before you choose to sell out your fellow man for the sake of wealth and useless trinkets......

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX
This is the point.

I do not understand why everybody wants to be the 'good guy' and destroy the bad guys.

Why not become the bad guys?
Its more beneficial.

In other words,
If you can't beat them -> Join them and become one of them.

Because you will not become a "bad guy" if you join them. You will become a useful idiot to them, until the time comes to unceremoniously release you from their servitude and put you in the big pen with everyone else. I'd rather be in the pen from the beginning, fighting them from the beginning. Imagine what happens in the big pen to the useful idiots.... Imagine....

edit on 6-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Choices arent easy but you do what you must. Welcome to the system.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I am definitely not looking for wealth or fame and fortune. and im much smarter then to know that they worship Satan seeing as neither god nor Satan are real in the sense that most would think. I was born with gifts to perceive and experience this world in a much different way then others. Im just looking for a place to fit in.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
At the end of the day, we can't really do anything about it, and we're all going to drop dead at some point, so why not just make it as comfortable as possible until that time comes?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I was using the term devil as just a term for evil. Trust me, I am not a religious person, but I do believe in treating others as I would expect them to treat me....

Just making that clear.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
OK, OK, I'll say it...

Yup. If you can't beat'm, join'm.

Worked out great for the German people back in the 1930's and 40's.
edit on 6-1-2013 by davjan4 because: spelling.

link   
If it were as simple as "if you can't beat them, then join them" then we ALL would be on the same side.

You omit another option, 'what if' they don't want you to join them? What if you simply are a threat, or 'too many' who think like you do? What if there is no 'join them' option, only a false perception of joining them, while in reality you are put under their heel or simply assimilated and destroyed because you allowed yourself to be and they didn't even have to work for it to happen, you were a threat who defeated themselves!

As I see it, we are all ALONE. ANY group orientation is just a collective of vampiric natures benefiting from each other in some way.

Do not join anyone or anything, walk your own path, be yourself and stand up to everything that is in your way.

link   
reply to post by domasio

And until that time when we drop dead we will not know the full truth, i just don't want to be with the normal people who become consumed by "normal" life and forget the things i have learned already.

link   
As I recall,
Those who couldn't beat Mao, Lenin and Hitler and then joined them were the first to see the firing squads once power had been consolidated.

Even evil has a deep seated mistrust of those who betray their friends, families and country in order to get ahead.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I can respect that.

For me, I don't really care about the truths of whether there is an evil cabal or a group of people thinking long-term, I only care about the truth of the mysteries of the Universe, so what I learn is something I can keep on learning, whilst living a normal life.

I'll still fight against injustice, but in terms of trying to dismantle an entire system of politics etc, I'd leave that until there were enough people willing to do something about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The point is to do what you believe in. If you believe they are in the right then go ahead, side with them and accept all the +'s and -'s it comes with for the price tag. If you don't, choose something else. That is called freedom. Know that even if you side with them you are still expendable. They will throw you under the bus, because that is what goes with their territory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join