It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Awe Jigster..... None of us are promised tomorrow my brother.... so keep your chin up and know we are rooting for your pain to be lessened and your days long. xoxox

I have had the pleasure, debating with you in your threads, and enjoyed every question you brought to the table.

We live and we learn...... the cycle repeats.

See ya on the other side ....when we take that transition, of course.

Follow the light.....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hey Jigster (if I may call you that)
You sir are a gent, you have always treated any of my threads with respect and in all cases intelligent debate, in some cases bringing to the table information to back me up. I always feel kind of honoured when you choose to take the time to take part
There are many on ATS that I respect but you are right at the top. If the ultimate question is, and I believe this to be true "Did I make a difference to a life ?" Then you sir may rest assured you made me a better person and made a difference. I'm pretty sure many would share that sentiment.

However you aint dead yet old man and I got more debating to do and more to learn from you.
In return may I thank you. It's been a pleasure so far and may be for a long time yet, if not and none of us can know for sure if we will wake up tommorow. So if it's me I'll wait for you with a knowing smile. If it's you find me the bar and put in a drink for me.

edit on 7-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

God speed, my friend.

God speed.
edit on 7-1-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, jigs....
gosh.

You have made an enormous impact on my life and thoughts.
Just so you know.

Thanks for being here, for however long we have the grace of your presence.
~wild

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thudpuddy
I haven't been around long enough to know if you're friend or foe , but I'm guessing friend .

I know the feeling with the aches and pains , for what it's worth I keep predicting that I'll be dead or in the hospital any minute now and year after year I keep getting fooled . I suppose one of these years I'll have the satisfaction of being right .

I wish you well on your journey and hope you got a few miles left in ya .

Well, I kinda got the hint about ten years ago when doctors told me I was ready to have a massive stroke at any moment. Those 'any moments' added up to a lot, but we can't escape the end forever. All in all, though, I feel like I've cheated death out of a whole decade! And that ain't bad.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

As long as it lasts its a hellova ride aint it?
Just dont get to feelin like the Lone Ranger bud.....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I have had the pleasure, debating with you in your threads, and enjoyed every question you brought to the table.

We live and we learn...... the cycle repeats.

See ya on the other side ....when we take that transition, of course.

Follow the light.....

Awww, thanks to everyone for your kind words, but I wanted this to be about how wonderful all of you are. Some of you are brilliant. Some are so creative and original. Many of the religious stand by their beliefs no matter what I throw at them; and sure, I call them stubborn, but I can also call them steadfast and proud of what they believe in. Can't knock anyone for that!

Without ATS my life would've been SOOOOOO boring these last few years! Thanks again everyone!

P.S. Funny you mention 'Follow the light', Mamaj. I've been trying to keep it in my head to NOT follow the light, just to see what happens. Curious to the end, I guess.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

LOL - if you only knew how many times I have had to edit this post you would crack up.

I do not even know you yet I am upset!

Why?

Why is it that you upset me?

It must be because I consider you a mate.......no easy task, let me give you the tip!

I love you like a brother.

Brother.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Mr. Jigger,

Yes, every one of us adds something to this site (some more than others, as in real life). I always liked your posts and usually agreed with everything you wrote.

None of us knows how much time we have left, so make every day count, even if all we do is put in our two cents about the evil that is trying to take over our world.

Your post made me think of this classic Dylan Thomas poem:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieve it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

allpoetry.com...

Keep on ragin' my friend, until the very last. For all of us, it is a moral imperative.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think I am ready to reply to this thread now. Well first of all I am very sorry to hear of your plight and if I could I would swap places with you and I genuinely mean that. Never give up the battle though, never accept defeat, you mind can prolong your life if you just believe even if your body is falling to pieces at the seams. Let me just say that your contributions are widely respected around here and that you have had a positive effect on most that read your posts.

I respect your honesty and I hope I can offer you some comfort in words. Death is nothing to be afraid of, it is as much part of life as waking up every day and eating your breakfast. It comes to us all but what really matters is if you leave those behind with some positive memories of you and the knowledge that you have tried to be as good a person as you possibly could have been.

I don't know for sure what happens in death but I am certain the story doesn't end here. Good Luck and please keep your chin up and stick around for as long as you possibly can.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

From one old fart to another, god bless and keep you around for a while longer.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Thanks for the "heads up," but somehow I don't think the "Jig is up" just yet!

But what the heck, why not start a "Living Wake" thread?

That's what you've done for us here at ATS!

And in closing...............

edit on 8-1-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

P.S. Funny you mention 'Follow the light', Mamaj. I've been trying to keep it in my head to NOT follow the light, just to see what happens. Curious to the end, I guess.

Hey, jigger -
when you're born into the next lifetime (reincarnated), remember the first words out of your mouth must be:

DENY IGNORANCE

That way we'll know it's you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join