It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.F.O.'s are evidence of Higher Dimenssions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I believe U.F.O.'s can be both extraterrestrial and extra-dimensional.

So how are they unidentified when you have just identified them?

So we know what unidentified flying objects are. People see them all the time.

How does seeing equal identifying?

I don't know anyone that doesn't know what unidentified flying objects are.

I can show you, go to any mirror and have a look

U.F.O.s are evidence that humans see aerial phenomena they cannot identify,

Advanced mathematics is the only proof of higher dimensions not something visual, seeing something is evidence you brain works in accordance with other body functions, that doesn't mean your interpretation of it will be correct
edit on 7-1-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Let me preface my post with a bit of personal context: I do, in fact, understand the advanced mathematics of extra spatial dimensions, I was trained as a physicist, and both UFOs and extradimensionality have been particular hobbies/focuses of my attention for most of my life.

I would say that the reported behavior of UFOs is consistent with the hypothesis that they are of extra-dimensional origin or, at least, utilize a knowledge of extra-dimensional engineering.

This is NOT THE SAME AS PROOF. I'm sorry for the caps, but it's an extraordinarily common mental error made around here -- "consistent with" is not the same as "proof of". You see, those behaviors are ALSO consistent with the hypothesis that the reporters are liars, crazy, or wrong.

Their behavior is _evidence_ that the extra-dimensional hypothesis is correct. EVIDENCE. Not proof.

Ok, with that said, I should say that I've long thought similar as being a likely explanation for much of UFO behavior. From FTL, to the cloaking/disappearing tricks they pull, to the ridonkulous accelerations they perform, UFOs, if real, would necessitate a different relationship with spacetime than we have. Another, more specific example of this sort of thing would be that I'm _pretty sure_ that "orbs" are often the mouths of wormholes. They're a little too on-the-nose to be much else. A glowing sphere of differing colors? Check. Reports of liquification? Yup. The whole "split into many parts/subsume into one ball" thing they often do? That is _exactly_ what it would look like from our perspective if someone were to point a wormhole at our space and time and fast-forwarded and rewound it through time (think of a camera you could point at anywhere and anywhen that the people at the end could see. Rewind and watch the same scene from three different angles, and the people on the ground would see "cameras" appear, move to the same point, and merge into one).

And I think you made a misstatement about the LHC -- if they produce a particle that shoots off into a previously unknown spatial dimension, the event would be far too LOW in energy, not too high. It's a fundamental feature of models like Lee Smolin's Quantum Loop Gravity, which explains the bizarre weakness of gravity when compared to the other forces -- most of gravity shoots off into other dimensions, leaving the bits we see as the "weak" remnant.

So, in short, yes, extra spatial dimensions would be a great explanation for many of UFO's abilities. That does not mean that that is the correct explanation.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ok, either I misread the the title or y'all changed it while I was posting. Either way, I approve of 'evidence'.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gavron
Hmm...I always thought the 4th dimension was "TIME".

its now one of the 3 its called space time

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Not necesssarily, it is enough to be ethereal, on frequency not visible to the humans. That's why infra-red equipment and such.

I think it's quite possible to have dimensional aircraft and beings, it has to be some very complex way of existence but still. It is true that lots of the UFOs are not even visible and can be caught beyond the visible spectrum.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

Originally posted by gavron
Hmm...I always thought the 4th dimension was "TIME".

its now one of the 3 its called space time

No. This is factually incorrect. Einstein showed that time and space were two faces of the same coin. That entity is called spacetime. It consists of 3 spatial dimensions and one time dimension (on our scale. Things look weirder when you get really small/quantum level). When people talk about spaceships and such traveling through "another dimension", they mean a spatial dimension, assuming such a thing exists (jury is still out).

Just remember: another word for "dimension" is "direction". Up/down, left/right, forward/back, and future/past are all the dimensions we know about. The OP suggests that UFOs behave as though the had access to another pairing of which we are unaware (lots of names have been suggested for what to call them -- reft and light, dup and own, or atta and yanna if you wanna get really schmancy).

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Stunspot

so space time
is not spacetime some sheeple on here do my head in

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Stunspot

double post or should i say doublepost
edit on 9/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

First of all we are living in a MINIMUM of a 10 or 11 dimensional state Universe and there are probably more. Matter cannot exist in less than 10 or 11 dimensions and what you are talking about has no logic to it.

You could say that E.T. Craft or an Alien Race is traveling to our Universe from another Divergent Universal Reality but Hollywoods mistaken concept of Interdimensional Aliens does not fit Universal Physics.

Humans are Interdimensional Beings as we too live and exist in at the least 10 or 11 dimensional states. We DO NOT live in a 3 or 4 dimensional Universe. It is impossible for any matter to exist in a 2 Dimensional state thus your analogy does not work either.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

First off your post makes no sense at all. To state that matter can only exist in a minimum of 10 or 11 dimensions is simply ignorant. There's theories that suggest 10 or 11 dimensions. There's theories that say 5 dimensions. The most famous is Kaluza-Klein. There's Randall-Sundrum who have a 5-Dimensional warped geometry theory.

So to make a statement like this before confirmation is found of extra-dimensions is just silly.

Secondly, did you read my post. I said we exist in higher dimensions. We just don't have any sense perception of these higher demensions so we would experience the 4th dimension as time.

If a 3-dimensional being were to stick his finger or his hand into a hypothetical 2-Dimensional land, the 2-D beings would see a smeared out disk appearing out of nowhere or spinning 2-D shapes appearing out of nowhere. This is because 2-D beings don't have any sense perception of depth. So these 2-D beings exist in the 3rd dimension but they can't sense the third dimension.

We're the same when it comes to the 4th dimension. We don't have any sense perception of the 4th dimension so we can't see it. We experience this dimension as time. So a 4 dimensional object will look like a spread out 3-D object to us or multiple spinning 3-D objects appearing out of nowhere.

Did you even watch the video of Carl Sagan talking about Flatland? It's a book by Edwin Abbott. Nobody is saying these dimensions exist in isolation. So you're debating against a point that nobody made.

At the end of the day, U.F.O.'s are exactly what you would expect to see because we exist in the 4th dimension although we can't see it. So 4 dimensional objects and beings would appear to us in a way that U.F.O.'s appear to us.
edit on 21-1-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I said we exist in a MINIMUM 10 or 11 Dimensional Universe.

Carl Sagan's Video is BULLS#!%.

Since Matter is made up of an Atomic Nucleus of at least One Proton and One Electron and sometimes Neutrons...Hydrogen which is the most plentiful element in the Universe has One Proton and One Electron and usually exists as H2 as two Hydrogen Atoms will pair up...and the fact that ALL MATTER is completely comprised of Quantum Particle/Wave Forms as the Electron that orbits the Atomic Nucleus is a Quantum Particle/Wave Form and the Protons and sometimes Nutrons are also completely made up of these Quanta...such as Quarks, Gueons, Leptons, Mesons...etc...

...AND the FACT that certain Quanta that make up Protons and Neutrons...such as QUARKS...are BLINKING IN AND OUT OF UNIVERSAL REALITY...as the number of Quarks in a Proton and Neutron can exist at a minimum and maximum as well as numerically any number in between...such behavior can only be described using a Multiversal Model.

This REALITY of Quantum Mechanics dictates mathematically that our Universal Reality and Space/Time as well as all Quanta within...MUST have at a MINIMUM 10 or 11 Dimensional States.

Sagan's video explaining how a two dimensional life form could interact and be seen either 3 or 4-D is absurd! Since Matter CANNOT EVEN EXIST in 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9 Dimensional States then neither can Life or even the ability of a Two Dimensional Life or Construct be able to reflect Photons as Matter is needed to do this.

Matter is completely comprised of QUANTA thus both Matter and Space/Time must have the necessary Geometry thus Dimensionality to allow Quanta to exist in the Universe. Add to this the issue of Quantum Particle/Wave Forms EXISTING NUMERICALLY AT WILL in Protons and Neutrons and you have a Universal Geometry that is much more complex than simple 4 or 5-D.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Unless a UFO is captured, identified and determined or proven to be a vessel that can travel to/from other dimensions, then the title of this thread is pure speculation and theory. Noting more.

Let's also not ignore that UFO's can be anything...from meteors to lights...to misidentified military craft. So again,....saying that "UFO's" are evidence of "higher dimensions" (Whatever that is supposed to mean) is wishful thinking. Finding proof of multiverses or other dimensions is going to take physics and lots of science.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join