It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God (the Triune Godhead) - Traits.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Infinitely mysterious

Infinitely loving

Infinitely wise

Infinitely intelligent

And very very funny, if not infinitely so (which might not be very funny if one could never stop laughing).

Infinitely just

Infinitely merciful

Infinitely kind

Infinitely generous

Infinitely beautiful

Infinitely magestic

Infinitely complex

Infinitely simple

Infinitely perfect

Infinitely infinite

Always present (whether we perceive it or not)

Never changing

Streadfast and Immovable (rock of ages)

Infinitely reasonable (thus the humor at our human folly and ignorance)

Gracious, kind hearted

Slow to anger

Unrelenting and without compromise (another source of his humor)

Playful

Creative

Sympathetic

Upstanding (a funny thing for us to say from his perspective relative to us)

Righteous

Glorious, and awesome

Inscrutable

Liberating ("our Liberation is God's compulsion" C.S. Lewis)

Protector

Uplifter (forever raising up the lowly and the downtrodden to increasingly higher heights)

Visionary (can see things from the POV of a first/last cause in eternity with absolute objective and fully informed self awareness)

shall I keep going.. ?

Disciplinarian (but in and through love)

Parent

Brother

Friend

King

Child

Savior

Teacher

Healer

Therapist, counselor (very funny, both from our perspective and from his)

Gracious in form and thought deed and character

Charming

Sorrowful

Joyful

Triumphant

Genius

Host - thrower of celebrations

Understanding

Patient

Powerful

Virtuous (where Virtue may be defined as "power, restrained")

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Do you know him?

Because he's ALSO the very very best part of who and what YOU (and me) really are as true child of God, as intended, and when we join the circle of his joy both his joy and ours is made complete (there's still a small great work to perform - that's funny too, very funny Ho Ho Ho!).

Atheists - rant away!

edit on 6-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: of love.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Beautiful i know him and he knows me thank you. you helped him with my spirit thank you again Amen and Alleluia. peace be unto you and the world. selah

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

neti, neti

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

neti, neti

Can you elaborate on that a little bit? I'd google it (ok let me go see..)

The significance of neti neti

Neti Neti, meaning, "Not this, Not this", is the method of Vedic analysis of negation. It is a keynote of Vedic inquiry. With its aid the Jnani negates identification with all things of this world which is not the Atman, in this way he negates the Anatman. Through this gradual process he negating the mind and transcends all worldly experiences that are negated till nothing remains but the Self. He attains union with the Absolute by denying the body, name, form, intellect, senses and all limiting adjuncts and discovers what remains, the true “I” alone.[1] L.C.Beckett in his book, Neti Neti, explains that this expression is an expression of something inexpressible, it expresses the ‘suchness’ (the essence) of that which it refers to when ‘no other definition applies to it’.[2] Neti neti negates all descriptions about the Ultimate Reality but not the Reality itself. Inuitive interpretation of uncertainty principle can be expressed by "Neti neti"[3] that annihilates ego and the world as non-self (Anatman), it annihilates our sense of self altogether.[4]

Yep, you grok, you get the joke, the humor of understanding, g wiz for a minute there I thought you were wagging a disapproving finger at me, as if to say tsk tsk, while shaking your head in disappointment, but no you get it.

neti, neti!

You'd better be good for goodness' sake!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Question: what does neti, neti! and Jesus' comparisons to the kingdom of heaven ie: buried treasure, a precious pearl, both have in common?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

In all those cases, an experience is the key... only through experience (i.e finding treasure) can one know that one knows nothing.

edit on 6-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

In all those cases, an experience is the key... only through experience (i.e finding treasure) can one know that one knows nothing.

Yes, isn't that quite remarkable.

"So do not be afraid nor let your hearts be troubled little ones (part of) for it pleased the father (first father of creation as an everlasting first/last cause) to share his kingdom with all his children!" (said with a smile, as if sharing the best good news of all time).

"And be of good cheer,

for I have overcome the world."

It's a shared experience, whereby the circle of joyful knowledge is completed in the good-willed, good-natured humor of authentic understanding and comprehension - and that is very very generous indeed, and liberating too, to be on the receiving end of that, to be "in on the joke" so to speak.

"Life is a Mighty Joke. He who knows this can hardly be understood by others. He who does not know it finds himself in a state of delusion. He may ponder over this problem day and night, but will find himself incapable of knowing it. Why? People take life seriously, and God lightly; whereas we must take God seriously, and take life lightly. Then, we know that we always were the same and will ever remain the same.......the Originator of this joke. This knowledge is not acheived by reasoning.
But it is the knowledge of experience."

~ Meher Baba

edit on 7-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: Baba quote added - seemed appropriate.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Timeless

Spaceless

Everlasting

Holy

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Truth

Spirit

Love

Free (like the wind it blows where it pleases and loves who it chooses)

Personal

Close at hand

Unsearchable

Fathomless

Immeasurable

All inclusive

Wholeness and Integrity

Life

Being

Becoming

Happy

edit on 7-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Don't forget

Jealous
"for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;"
10 comandments

Fallible
He should know how many righteous were in those cities, but kept backtracking on his anger/wrath.
"After the angels received the hospitality of Abraham and Sarah, his wife, the LORD revealed to Abraham that he would destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, because their cry was great, "and because their sin is very grievous."[Gen 18:20] In response, Abraham inquired of the LORD if he would spare the city if 50 righteous people were found in it, to which the LORD agreed he would not destroy it for the sake of the righteous yet dwelling therein. Abraham then inquired of God for mercy at lower numbers (first 45, then 40, then 30, then 20, and finally at 10), with the LORD agreeing each time.[Gen 18:22-33][27]"

I'll let this website explain more just how fallible your God is.
www.usbible.com...

or this one. www.freethoughtdebater.org...

It's my personal theory that there are 2 Gods at work in the Bible. The OT God is mean and nasty, murderous and vain. The NT God is all love and turn the other cheek blah.
I believe that's why Jesus (if he really existed) called the Jews the synagog of Satan. They worship the OT menace, and missed the boat on the NT goodness.

my 2cents.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by twoturtles

Well then he must have a sense of humor, in so far as his "final solution" was to send his own son and take on full responsibility for the sins of the world, and although that hasn't worked out completely according to plan, the seed has taken root, at least with some among us, and will bear its fruit in the fullness of time and history.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Does not exist.

There is only one God, Jesus Christ, not three gods in unity.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

One in the same God, but even Jesus saw himself as sent by and in intimate relationship with, and now that he's "gone" his spirit remains, so now he's a spiritual reality, and yet having experienced the human dimension, and extending himself to us, he is God "processed" for our enjoyment (spiritual food). It's a mystery, not some differentiated three God in one system, you misunderstand what I meant by Triune Godhead which is really just an allegory for the mystery. That said I agree with you that Jesus was and is God. Used to have a hard time with that idea until it came to me one day as an epiphany after all the research I'd done, and that still amazes me, that God the creator of all could come to this place of all places in the form of a human being - says a lot about the human form as the byproduct of a very long evolutionary process by design.. standing next to the very Godhead in eternity.

Brother let us be and remain in one accord, do not let this divide us for the sake of our common love of God in Jesus Christ. Thank you.

edit on 8-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Also, for love to be love, there is and was always a relationship between a beloved and beloved other.

".. as you loved me from before the foundation of the world."

"And as my father first sent me even so send I you."

edit on 8-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

top topics

join