It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I mustache you a question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

...does doing a digital painting like this mean that I'm a Brony?
(Yeah, I'll even admit to watching that cartoon. Not much else worth watching on TV.)

I mostly do weird and random stuff when it comes to art, but definitely had fun doing this as a sort of speed paint.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I used to watch a lot of cartoons but not that one, its a little to effeminate for my taste, I do watch some adolescent disney and nick shows but thats because my daughter is into them and she hijacks my remote
About the only cartoons that are worth watching now are anime (Naruto, etc..) and I also read mangas
edit on 1/6/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
hmm wasn't expecting that one good job

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I just had to break down and S&F for the cleverest thread title I've seen here! I was laughing hysterically
; even BEFORE I opened the thread and saw your art.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

I've never seen My Little Pony look more like a rebel! Would you consider adding a goatee? It would bring out the Pony's sense of the debonaire I think.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Pinkie Pie is such a random crazy spaz, it's hard to resist wanting to do at least one rendering of her doing what she does. Normal thinking and laws of physics simply don't apply. The mustache is actually in a scene of the cartoon like that - thus no goatee.

Anyhow that cartoon could be said to do a lot of hints at the fanbase's jokes and such. (If not actually borrowing some stuff directly from fanfics.) Apparently the writers pay attention to the internet. It definitely is a kid's show and kept clean, but there are so many subtle hints at adult jokes and frame of reference it's pretty funny when you catch those things.

Yes, the characters are "girly" (that can't be helped, given the primary goal of pushing Hasbro merch to that particular market), but the stories, clever humor, character development, and good overall writing make up for that. You have to keep in mind that Lauren Faust and some of the other directors were also involved in making cartoons like Dexter's Lab, PPG, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. If any of those appealed to you, you just might like the MLP:FIM cartoon too.

As for my other art, I might have to post it sometime. I just have to figure out what would be worth presenting to the this particular audience.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Lol nice man.

My girls are obsessed with Ponies and having watched one or two episodes I will say I was actually quite impressed with the depth and quality of writing that hasbro have managed to weave into the series. Haven't seen that in a cartoon since I was a kid in the early 90's (back in the old he-man/thundercat days...).

You should post your pic in this the ultimate brony thread started by one of the site admins himself - Majic. If nothing else I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

top topics

join