It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS ads making it a nightmare to view the site on a smart phone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Hmmm, I have a BB Torch, and I don't have any such issues. I see the site as I do when on a PC, only smaller (and dealing with the obnoxiousness of touch-screen made for fingers the size of pencil tips.) yes, I see the banner/side ads, but they don't interfere with anything.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't like to block ads for ATS, but on iOS and Android you can download google chrome browser on your phone, and install the adblock mobile extension.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

I`m based in Scotland so maybe it is a European Ad that is causing the issue, it takes over the whole screen and you cant go back to where you were on the site, just have to log back in. Tried it on my girlfriends phone and had the same issue, just in case there was an issue with my handset

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
im not on a mobile,

but i keep seeing this old woman botox, and in my personal view i HATE this lady, she can be as saintly as mother theresa

but this advertisement is hideous to look at, sorry

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Why would you even use the internet on a phone for this sort of thing.
Cellphones are only for recording the shakiest crappiest UFO footage ever! Sometimes phonecalls and texts. But mostly for the UFO thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by MrInquisitive

"The whole idea of ads is such a joke anyway. I have never bought anything due to an online ad. The only ads that affect me anymore are t.v ads advertising a special deal at some food joint -- and then only rarely.

The only thing to be thankful about with online ads is that fewere trees are being killed to send out ad flyers in the mail. "

I have never clicked an advert because they never sell what I want heh (and no I don't want any surveys asking me what I would like in my adverts lol). I've never bought anything off TV or because I saw it in a commercial.

The things I buy are from reviews and word of mouth. Not someone paid to lie to me for 30 seconds-5 mins in a commercial. I don't really even watch TV anymore because of commercials. IM not going to sit through 35 mins-40 mins of commercials to see 15-25 mins of a program, lol absurd. I don't even know why they are on my TV to begin with.

When TV came out there was commercials because public TV was free, I pay freakin 1k+ a year and I have to sit through commercials. What's the freakin point, now I have to buy a 500+ TV to get any hd benefits. 1k or more a year for the shiny packages pay for the electricity to keep it on and still , STILL forced to sit through commercials to see any programming lol. If it wasn't to make my internet cheaper I wouldn't even have TV (cable) because of commercials. And really I only watch CNN, some fake news stations, history channel, PBS, and cartoon network and that's really just on for my ferrets and an occasional family guy for me hehe.

When I have a need for something , I say to myself... Self I wonder if there is a product out there for the situation I need. Then I go searching. What kills me more is how freakin brainwashed society really is when people and friends ask " hey have you seen that new so and so commercial"....I Just look at them with a blank stare as I feel my IQ slip a hundred points for 15 seconds.

Eh, quite wasn't necessary, but my phone is so slow i'm not turning back now. Anyhow, I watch only a few choice TV shows (homeland, house of lies, game of thrones) - wife watches a little bit more, but neither of us ever watches commercials. DVR or On-Demand. As far as web ads, I just hate the ones that interrupt the website. I'm wondering what is it that is causing some people to have problems with these ones, as they're just on-page ads for me.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I dont even bother with ATS on mobile.. Its like trying to water ski on gravel! You can get up and going, but then boom catch a pop up and your down for the count.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
ROOT that droid and ADBLOCK it.... simple, though not good practice as we wouldnt want the sites owner suffering monetary damages

I use my phone a miniature laptop, and adblock saves me the headache
edit on 7-1-2013 by W0mbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucas73

Why would you even use the internet on a phone for this sort of thing. Cellphones are only for recording the shakiest crappiest UFO footage ever! Sometimes phonecalls and texts. But mostly for the UFO thing.

Because in some areas an Internet connection is expensive, and a data usage plan works out well financially. I have an air card that I share with a husband that's gone on the road a lot (trucker).

I use an iPhone with safari, and I mostly only get the top ads. The screen size fits good, no side ads unless it's my week for the laptop.

It definately works better on the laptop, and the iphone autocorrect is interesting.

Typing is also restrictive, I sure dont post much anymore.

Lately though, Toyota ads are showing up on the bottom of the screen.....
I want a Tacoma, and cannot afford one.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This happens on my phone as well. We need an ATS app!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, I guess your phone isn't really a 'smart' phone. Would you disagree?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
And if your on a pc the whats breaking page is refreshing its self befor you have time to look at all the topics it refreshes and you have to kind of start all over again. I have seen days when nothing new is breaking and they still refresh the page at the normal rate instead of refreshing to add new topics it like stuff is jocking for whos number one all the time.

Originally posted by Aleister
Teacher, leave the kids alone!

all in all we're just another brick in
the wall.

I don't think any good website is designed to work on a smart phone. These are internet computer sites, and unless you phone screen is as large as a 1950s TV screen you'll not see the site in any kind of comprehensible clarity or capture the full intent of the posters. imnho.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
ATs is getting greedy with all the ads.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
this site would be near perfect if there were no ads. owners take note.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecludedGamer
this site would be near perfect if there were no ads. owners take note.

This site would not exist without the ads.

Members take note.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join