So what do they want exactly?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by phyllida
reply to post by ItDepends

Exactly, this is the point I've been trying to make...why would they sprint through the galaxies to earth and NOT make themselves known? If they have something to contribute or some great knowledge they want to impart why haven't they? If they want to anihilate us all again why haven't the? They've had plenty of opportunity over the centuries and yet I'm expected to believe all sorts of stories about deals made with Governments to remain secret and yet there are hundreds of sightings a week all over the world. They allegedly occasionally make themselves known to the odd person who then probably posts it on ATS lol all the information of the galaxies spiritual enlightenment God and everything...whereas I feel pretty sure if I was an alien with such information I'd be hijacking the first tv station i could get my hands on and announcing to the world we're here and we aint going nowhere, and I'd probably start a new religion to get my point across lol

It all seems too conveniently lacking in substance

Besides which who's to say these aliens have anything to impart at all? They could be a warlike race of beings hellbent on anihilating the romulans for all we know...and that's the point...all we know and we know nothing really

If you live at home and have mommy and daddy take care of you all your life. Are you ever gonna grow up?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

reply to post by spiritualarchitect

Shame though...it could have been the icing on the cake. People simply spoil it and blur the truth with their lies and hoaxes and personality disorders which is so annoying for the rest of us trying to get answers and investigate. I get jaded sometimes I must admit

A personality defect is not knowing how your decisions affect not only your life but other peoples. And not just that point in time but the future as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by DeadLights

So you feel that they introduced genetic engineering to us? I've thought that myself for a long time but I'm at a loss to know why they would do such a thing as to what purpose it serves them.

Sorry I'm not quite getting the drift of your posts I don't think, are you saying the aliens are the teachers? Could you elaborate a touch?

I have researched for years on this subject, doesn't mean to say I don't have questions and aren't open to new input though

Maybe you should research cause and effect then put yourself in a mentality of everything is infinite and everything you are capable of effects the future and is has an eternal consequence on it.

Maybe then you could understand the humble effect of infinite.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by ItDepends

Exactly, this is the point I've been trying to make...why would they sprint through the galaxies to earth and NOT make themselves known? If they have something to contribute or some great knowledge they want to impart why haven't they? If they want to anihilate us all again why haven't the? They've had plenty of opportunity over the centuries and yet I'm expected to believe all sorts of stories about deals made with Governments to remain secret and yet there are hundreds of sightings a week all over the world. They allegedly occasionally make themselves known to the odd person who then probably posts it on ATS lol all the information of the galaxies spiritual enlightenment God and everything...whereas I feel pretty sure if I was an alien with such information I'd be hijacking the first tv station i could get my hands on and announcing to the world we're here and we aint going nowhere, and I'd probably start a new religion to get my point across lol

It all seems too conveniently lacking in substance

I think one should assume that ETs actions and lack thereof is intended for ET's benefit and not ours.
So, *if* there are ETs coming to Earth, the thing we know absolutely for sure is that none has engaged in open contact. And none has engaged in large-scale physical resource mining, because such evidence would be obvious.

Stuff ET does not care about:

* our culture
* our music
* our history
* our future moral development
* religious conversion
* ET immigration to Earth
* emigration from Earth to ET land
* commerce
* scientific or other academic exchange

because if ET did, then it would benefit them to make open contact and interaction. Physical resource mining would also imply open contact without interaction, i.e., we watch them mine as they guard it with ET security.

If ET wanted something, they would take it. This leaves in my mind only two obvious reasons for ET to come without widespread open contact:

* biological samples
* entertainment
edit on 7-1-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired

If they are real and here the best explanation I have heard is they are here to harvest biological specimens for their own ends. We have all read or heard about some pregnacy that was, then wasn't?
reply to post by 727Sky

This explanation has never made any sense to me at all. If they are so advanced why not just get 10 males and 1,000 females and take them off planet and breed them like cattle and you would have millions in a short amount of time.

Why should they bother?

It would be expensive and difficult to raise specimens outside their habitat, be susceptible to diseases and developmental problems, and it would result in lower genetic diversity and perhaps unnatural epigenetic effects. And they'd riot. And poop. And you'd have to feed them, and teach them.

And ET might be collecting other non-human specimens as well. Just because they're advanced doesn't mean they won't do what's expedient for them.

Think about it like a businessman.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Honestly, it only takes logic. There's nothing we have or can produce that they can't produce or find themselves, much more efficiently.

They're also sociopathic since they're logical and didn't evolve empathy to humans since they weren't part of human evolution.

If they're here, they're only here to monitor us and make sure we don't develop sufficient technology to become a danger to them. If we do, they'll swiftly destroy us and move on.
edit on 1/7/13 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by knowledgedesired

If they are real and here the best explanation I have heard is they are here to harvest biological specimens for their own ends. We have all read or heard about some pregnacy that was, then wasn't?
reply to post by 727Sky

This explanation has never made any sense to me at all. If they are so advanced why not just get 10 males and 1,000 females and take them off planet and breed them like cattle and you would have millions in a short amount of time.

Why should they bother?

It would be expensive and difficult to raise specimens outside their habitat, be susceptible to diseases and developmental problems, and it would result in lower genetic diversity and perhaps unnatural epigenetic effects. And they'd riot. And poop. And you'd have to feed them, and teach them.

And ET might be collecting other non-human specimens as well. Just because they're advanced doesn't mean they won't do what's expedient for them.

Think about it like a businessman.

You realize that they have the computing technology to run infinite what-if simulations down to the atom of everything on Earth.. They have no need whatsoever to research us or anything on this planet.
edit on 1/7/13 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
My gut feeling is we are not advanced enough along our evolutionary path to prove the existence of these unknown 'visitors', yet. That is why we simply can not prove them to be real.

As a society you are right because there have been lots of evidence blocked from viewing by our elected governments and higher up officials.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So what do they want? That's the million dollar question. I still remain 100% skeptical "even after my experiences" as to who they are, where they come from, what they want, and what their plans are. If I had to make a decision right now and come up with what I think the best answer is, due to my experiences and reading about testimonies from others, I would be strongly leaning towards that they are here for observation of our behavior and state of mind (AT THE MOMENT)

For future sake? I feel they MIGHT eventually do more. Negative or positive I am unsure. And why are they waiting and why haven't they "done more" already, seeing as how they have been around and have been witnessed for a LONG time and have had plenty of opportunities? I don't know for sure obviously... but again, if I HAD to come up with a best possible guess right now I would be leaning towards that they are waiting until we have reached a certain level of consciousness to make their move and "do something more." And what will they do, and what will happen, if and when we reach a certain level of consciousness? *shrugs*

I think right now, at the moment, after doing research, that our goal, as a human race, should be to further our researches, knowledge, and understandings in the field of waves/frequencies. I think this is where progression lies, at the moment.

Thanks for a nice thread that has relevant and intelligent questions. I'm surprised more members have not yet replied to this thread.....

edit on 7-1-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by phyllida

Now, with 1,000s of utube vids posted of supposed UFO's I've become jaded, and almost sometimes doubtful of my own experiences. I wonder if other people feel this way.

Des

I'm sure some do ... and that's those who have not had an actual experience. I'm sorry but If you have an actual experience there is no doubting it. Period. It either happened or it didn't, and you WILL know it if it did or didn't. There are no amount of videos (fake or not) in this whole world that would jade an "actual" UFO witness's mind into questioning if it was real or not. Of course the word "real" 'can be' subjective in this topic,and can hold various definitions and perceptions based on each individuals beliefs.. But real as in "SEEN with your eyes" ...that's indisputable among real witnesses...

And really? You're jaded because of "YouTube" videos? YOUTUBE?! That's what you base your viewpoints about UFO's on?!?! If you are jaded because of "YouTube" vidoes this is quite revealing as to how you process ALL your information you come across. If you are that easily jaded from something as simple as YouTube on such a topic like this, that has had held an account in our history for longer than you, your mom, your grandpa, grandma and great grandma etc. have been alive then... I'd have to say I'm quite ...."
" about your......and I'll stop there.

If you see a real UFO you're not going to be like "oh, that could be a meteor, or oh, it could just be helicopter... star, planet, sun dog, weather balloon, plane, astronomical occurrence etc. so on and so forth. When you see an unidentified flying object that is not explainable or known to be anything known to man on this planet.. you will know it is truly unidentified. If you don't come to that conclusion... then you didn't see a real UFO...

One thing I have noticed, personally, over the past 50 years. In earlier years, without the technology we currently have, UFO reports were much more exciting and thought provoking to me. I think that's because we couldn't debunk them as readily as we can now. They seemed more possible and mysterious back then.

So because people "back then" didn't have have the technology of YouTube and Trolling online/egotistical/attention- seeking behavior to post blatantly HOAXED and fake information/videos, that basis is enough to negate that they were ever real in the first place? How did you form this logic? I'm not being smart... It's a serious question.

Also, Nobody has debunked real UFOs. That's why they are UFOs. People have only debunked objects that are identifiable objects.

Also, we're supposed to be here to Deny Ignorance. Watching YouTube videos to base your conclusions about a world-wide phenomenon is not Denying Ignorance.

edit on 8-1-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-1-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: Addons
edit on 8-1-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (more addons/punctuation)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadLights

As a follower of various trains of thought relating to cause and effect and the various universal laws I like to think I'm fairly knowledgeable about such matters. I'm just not sure what it is you're actually saying and how it relates to this topic, sorry. I'm not very good with cryptic

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You realize that they have the computing technology to run infinite what-if simulations down to the atom of everything on Earth.. They have no need whatsoever to research us or anything on this planet.
reply to post by RedDragon

You state this as fact. How do you know this to be so?

This is in essence what I'm referring to, how we continually state things as fact when in effect we have no such proof or even evidence of these things. So much of our "evidence" seems to be faulty in that in seems to be a mix of half truths science fiction and downright lies propogated over the years. We focus on these "proofs" until we believe them whether consciously or unconsciously then eventually it gets regurgitated as truth.

Its like telling a child over and over that he's stupid, eventually through repetition he'll believe it and it will become part of his psyche

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Finally a post worth reading. Thank you Phillida.
I think theres ample evidence in the historical record as well accounts in ancient texts such as the Mahabharata that beings came from the sky to lord it over mankind and possibly even manipulate our genetics.
Sitchin claimed the Annunaki altered our genetics to mine Gold as Gold was very important to them.
Clearly it is important to us still, I often wonder if you opened up Fort Knox how much Gold would be there or if it had been traded to some starfaring folk for advanced knowledge.
I have had an experience with being abducted and will one day speak more openly about that, at this point I am all about learning as much as I can, even though much of the information is fantasy, some of it bares similarities to my experience.
I think best to keep an open mind and try to glean the pearls of wisdom from the chaff.
Thank you again.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

You're welcome sweetheart

Would be interesting to hear your abduction story but alas its such a personal subject and seems to arouse such animosity and disbelief I can well understand why people don't tell their tale.

I wonder if this is borne out of fear? I know I never want that experience but would hope that if it ever did happen I would fight tooth & nail and take a few of the buggers out first! But that's conjecture on my part just a hope lol No-one wants nor likes to feel helpless

With the huge amount of evidence throughout the centuries, it still leaves the question of why the subject is treated with such secrecy when it seems fairly clear to exist. Talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! The silly explanations the military and governments come up with just defy intelligence sometimes.

I have never seen a UFO, would like to, thought I had a few years ago and was pretty speechless but alas it turned out to be a test run for the recently revived auroura project in North Yorkshire, a wonderful triangular black craft typical of UFOs

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

It's one of those things that pretty much has to be true.. and is obvious.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Pretty much has to be true? Says who? If all was obvious then we wouldn't be debating all would be clear and above board

Obvious doesn't make it true. Obvious to one is unclear to another.

I'm not trying to be difficult here but blanket statements like its obvious without any sort of back up evidence or proof or even an explanation, means very little.

I could state that its obvious to me that aliens have always been here always will be and contribute jack sh*t to our lives....wouldn't make it true

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I am now beginning to feel that each persons story is in fact vastly coloured by their own belief system. what they have been exposed to, and possibly their own agenda coupled with ego.

We have so many varying reports of who ETs are, what they want, what they are doing etc and each person reports this as fact.

We have
1. The friendly benevolent ETs that only want to help mankind
2. The experimental scientific ETs that want to use us for genetic hybridisation
3. Drone ETs controlled by other ETs that have no apparent independant thought
4. Warlike angry controlling Reptillians that want to take over the world enslave humans and anihilate other races
5. Secretive sneaky ETs that make deals with various Governments, lie and go back on their word kidnap and mutilate humans abduct us in the middle of the night and generally make life unpleasant
6. ET's who's own race is dying who go around impregnating humans then stealing the foetus
7. Peace loving ETs who are so shocked and stunned at our apparent barbarity that they don't make themselves known (but apparently still manage to have technologically advanced weapons)
8. Slave handler prison guard ETs controlling the planet and humans with implants

and so it goes on but yet not one single entity has made itself known and a way that is irrefutable, let alone a fleet of beings from space, which judging by the number of alleged sightings, space must be rammed full of motherships waiting for the tourists to get back from their sightseeing trip. You would think after all the space flights, shuttle expeditions, ISS flying around, that they would have seen loads of ships & craft entering our atmosphere if the sightings are to be believed.

At some point, even under strict orders to the contrary, I would think someone somewhere would be able to provide the actual proof needed, particularly in light of the alleged number of space programs in operation and the sheer unlikelihood of nothing whatsoever being seen and noted.

Perhaps some abductee could have stolen a little bit of tech, particularly the regular reoccurring abductees.

I think it should also be worth noting that if the disclosure of high up military officials, NASA officials and presidential/government officials over the years were actually true, as in the Majestic 12 documents, wouldn't thi surely make front page news? And if these wonderful spiritual beings were so benevolent and helpful where would be the harm in full disclosure? Why keep such helping hands secret if they were only here to assist?
edit on 8-1-2013 by phyllida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Pretty much has to be true? Says who? If all was obvious then we wouldn't be debating all would be clear and above board

Obvious doesn't make it true. Obvious to one is unclear to another.

I'm not trying to be difficult here but blanket statements like its obvious without any sort of back up evidence or proof or even an explanation, means very little.

I could state that its obvious to me that aliens have always been here always will be and contribute jack sh*t to our lives....wouldn't make it true

B/c it's just an extrapolation of technologies we already have. It'd have been like predicting that airplanes would eventually fly around the world after the Wright Brothers.. kind of obvious.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

OR, perhaps we need to start thinking 4th dimensionally.

Phyllida, your words tell me you are both very intelligent and a gifted writer. Look for my U2U.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I am now beginning to feel that each persons story is in fact vastly coloured by their own belief system. what they have been exposed to, and possibly their own agenda coupled with ego.

We have so many varying reports of who ETs are, what they want, what they are doing etc and each person reports this as fact.

We have
1. The friendly benevolent ETs that only want to help mankind
2. The experimental scientific ETs that want to use us for genetic hybridisation
3. Drone ETs controlled by other ETs that have no apparent independant thought
4. Warlike angry controlling Reptillians that want to take over the world enslave humans and anihilate other races

and so it goes on but yet not one single entity has made itself known and a way that is irrefutable...

Type #1 have in fact made themselves known. But humans will refute anything and everything.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join