It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what do they want exactly?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm no ufologist by any means, but after reading copious amounts on the subject here and elsewhere, some points spring to mind that I can't satisfactorily explain to myself.

1. if the existence of UFOs or ETs is supposedly secret, then they're not doing a very good job of it. There are hundreds of sightings a week all over the globe and even if you discount 3/4 of them, it still leaves a significant number of sightings that could well be real, in which case, these aliens aren't doing too well at keeping under the radar so to speak.

2. with regard to UFOs of military or government nature, again if these projects are supposed to be secret they are again not doing too well with that either.

If we accept that the sightings are real, then what do they want? These ETs seem to bomb about the skies doing nothing in particular, they may as well be sight seeing. Rare you hear of any landings either. I could quite accept the existence of visitors from other planets maybe if they landed and popped to Tesco for a spot of shopping or maybe had their own tv channel or something but just whizzing around the skies doing sod all ha me puzzled.

3. many people on here believe these "beings" to be hostile and out to harm us and yet I've never heard of anyone being zapped by lasers and annihilated into a hundred pieces or some UFO going on a demolition spree in some town. Surely if world dominance was their goal, with the number of alleged sightings, they seem to have more than enough capability to have done that ten times over! So what's the point of them?

Same with the thoughts of enslavement of us humans by a higher lifeform, it hasn't happened and I would think if it was going to it would have by now. After all, these craft/beings have by all accounts, been going around this planet for hundreds possibly thousands of years so what exactly are they waiting for? The longer they wait to enslave us or occupy our planet, the more technoligcally advanced we become and the harder their job would be.

4. with regard to all the apparent abductions and experiments reported, surely these creatures must have enough organs/dna or whatever by now to probably create a whole new planet full of folk, so why do they allegedly keep on doing it? I would have thought once they'd got a couple of test tubes full of human dna, anything more would be overkill. They could probably clone our species with what they've got by now, after all, we haven't evolved much in the last few thousand years our dna hasn't changed, so it really does seem to be a waste of time and sadly for some a waste of human life.

5. other people state with absolute certainty that these beings are here for us, to enlighten us, to watch over us, to impart knowledge, to show us the way to a more spiritual existence etc but sorry, to me it seems they're sure taking their time and going the long way about doing that. They occasionally appear to the odd person here and there and give them some symbolic or cryptic message which they the human is supposed to pass onto the world in order for us to improve or move up the spiritual staircase. These advanced beings are seemingly incapable of doing that very thing on a far larger scale than 1 little human whom they must be aware would either be laughed off the face of the planet or locked in a padded room somewhere.

All seems very suspect and hit and miss to me yet I can't dismiss the existence of others outright

Be nice to hear others views on my points so maybe I can sleep nights lol

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
They study human behavior in our natural habitat.
This could take a while.
Maybe they are so burned out that it never came to their minds that we are in constant change.
Constant change on the course of insanity

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If they are real and here the best explanation I have heard is they are here to harvest biological specimens for their own ends. We have all read or heard about some pregnacy that was, then wasn't?

I''ve also read that according to FBI and CIA statistics, one million adults and one hundred thousand children disappear without a trace every year in the United States. How many world wide and for what reason?

I have never seen anything I could not explain or felt was extratrestial but there are many if you believe the reports that have. My feelings on the subject is simple: If just one report out of the 1000s is true then whatever their purpose, THEY are here.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

I don't dismiss the existence of other world life. Or, even intelligent life that may be visiting us.

One thing I have noticed, personally, over the past 50 years. In earlier years, without the technology we currently have, UFO reports were much more exciting and thought provoking to me. I think that's because we couldn't debunk them as readily as we can now. They seemed more possible and mysterious back then.

Now, with 1,000s of utube vids posted of supposed UFO's I've become jaded, and almost sometimes doubtful of my own experiences. I wonder if other people feel this way.

Des

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Whilst I've heard that too and the statistics for missing people etc, I still find it hard to believe that they would ever need such huge amounts of human dna or organs or whatever, bearing in mind we are still the exact same species we've always been. They must have an enormous amount of genetic material from us by now to use or discard as they will. As for the pregnancies, I've never been that convinced about the possiblity of extra terrestrial baby stealers, there are a lot of other factors that could be taken into consideration in these instances.

If all these millions of people are actually being taken, I find it strange that they are taken in such numbers and yet no-one sees them being taken, there's never any evidence of them being taken either. I still fail to see what they would want with so many people in the first place when surely they could "grow their own" as it were and not cause an uproar or speculation or the like with risky abductions when allegedly these ETs are supposed to be secret.

I've not read anything by anyone that states they actually saw someone being taken into any alien craft. Most contact reports I've read seem to be short and sweet with very little actual contact

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Now, with 1,000s of utube vids posted of supposed UFO's I've become jaded, and almost sometimes doubtful of my own experiences. I wonder if other people feel this way.

Des

Same thing has happened to me. I'm still interested in the UFO phenom but it's hard to tell what could be legit anymore...

...Too many blurry videos of dots or lights in the sky that turn out to be birds, Chinese lanterns, or a plane ect...

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I think there are a number of different extraterrestrials. They each have their own agenda, and most are NOT here to destroy human life. They all get what they want though. No doubt.

It seems most are observing, monitoring and checking up on us.

The suppressed military cover ups reveal that at least one type of extraterrestrial is actively disabling nuclear missiles. This indicates either some higher moral value or ulterior evil plans (as viewed by humans). So it's either all good or all bad. I'm leaning towards all good because if it's all bad, it wouldn't happened long ago.

Personally, in studying ancient evidence, I'm thinking the earlier "seeders" are still here. And they're simply plodding along, monitoring their "product" or planning for the next bump in human evolution. Maybe several competing ET's are doing same. Maybe this planet is just another rich "petri dish" for their experiments.

And this may all be due to some universal trait of intelligence — you just spread your seed wherever you can. There may not be any higher truth in all the universe. All occurrences and variations of power, control, enslavement, abductions, virtue, morality, etc would just be trivial consequences of "spreading the seed."

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'd say I believe in Unidentified Flying Objects, and I do believe some of them are alien, mainly because I think I once witnessed one with a friend.

I do also believe that much of what is given as "contactee information" is false and relates to some form of cultural hysteria.

I'm not going to judge what is real or not, but I'll rather focus on some other points.

To say we know much about DNA or genetics is relative at best, and deluded at worst.
Some very ordinary people have had "encounters of the third kind" long before the Genome Project popularized terms like "DNA" or "genome".
We are playing with terms that are still poorly understood.
In fact, as far as the social sciences go there is still bio-phobia in many language and gender departments, and sociological-biology is mostly an undesired topic in the humanities.
Instead, the dominating theory still concerns social constructionist theories from the "stone age" of the late 1960s.

Even in the "exact" sciences, what makes people gay and straight sexually, or what gene makes people religious fundamentalists (for example) is still unproven.
We've started to ask the questions, but answers are few.
Some say we shouldn't even ask, and it can be stifled or unwelcome research.
So how could we know what aliens could want?
Why do we study cattle, apes, insects or mice?
Even medical students need fresh bodies to study all the time.

Lastly, I do think they've done a good job at hiding.
I don't think they will hide forever, and there has been a steady trickle of confirmed possibilities and documentaries with pro-UFO slants.
Even the Catholic Church has made pronouncements on alien life and original sin.
I'd think disclosure will be a process, and we are in that process.

edit on 6-1-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

I have not read it but I will certainly look into it.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by phyllida
I'm no ufologist by any means, but after reading copious amounts on the subject here and elsewhere, some points spring to mind that I can't satisfactorily explain to myself.

Thank you for opening this thread. I think all of your questions are very valid, as is your threads question: "So what do they want exactly?" There are strong opinions on this subject/question, however, logically as you are questioning, you would think there would be something of significance that would have revealed itself by now. If ]they were real. I will continue to remain open-minded.

1. if the existence of UFOs or ETs is supposedly secret, then they're not doing a very good job of it........ these aliens aren't doing too well at keeping under the radar so to speak.

Although there have been a number of anomalies reported with respect to radar, the data is just that, (maybe there is more corroborative information, but if it is there, where is it?) As you stated, hundreds of reports each week and what do we have to show for it?

2. with regard to UFOs of military or government nature, again if these projects are supposed to be secret they are again not doing too well with that either.

Well this is a little trickier. With over 7Billion of us on this planet, with a multitude of recording/video devices available, discovering/seeing military/government black projects is not that inplausible. (and sometimes, for counter-intelligence reasons, (I won't get off topic here) some of these projects are meant to be seen).

If we accept that the sightings are real, then what do they want? These ETs seem to bomb about the skies doing nothing in particular, they may as well be sight seeing. Rare you hear of any landings either.... but just whizzing around the skies doing sod all ha[s] me puzzled.

Quite the logical observation, for sure. However, if I may disagree slightly. There are many reports of 'witnesses' stating that they have seen ships (of what origin? man-made?) landing or hovering (EM) in place. Again, your question and observations are valid, but we still have no tangible proof. And we haven't even begun the discussion of unknown submersible objects.

3. many people on here believe these "beings" to be hostile and out to harm us.... Surely if world dominance was their goal, with the number of alleged sightings, they seem to have more than enough capability to have done that ten times over! So what's the point of them?

Quite a logical question. To imagine a civilization that would have mastered so many advances to get here, surely if they had wanted to, Earth would have been theirs and we as a species would be gone, assuming they were malevolent. However, one could argue with the knowledge of that same mastery they would more likely be benevolent. So again your question rings with logic, if ]they are here, why don't we have more tangible clues in this day and age?

4. with regard to all the apparent abductions and experiments reported, surely these creatures must have enough organs/dna or whatever by now ........

After awhile, it just doesn't make much sense does it? Then if you want to throw in government conspiracies and they are working with them it becomes more unbelievable. After all this time, considering the logical questions, it is not illogical to have doubt, not to just discount, no, but to have reasonable, logical doubt.

5. other people state with absolute certainty that these beings are here for us, to enlighten us, to watch over us, to impart knowledge, to show us the way to a more spiritual existence etc....

This last question I think opens up, perhaps a much broader topic (religion, spiritualism, dimensionalism, frequencies....etc.), which I'm not sure you want to address here. But on topic, if they have or are here, then why the wait? I know I honestly, do not have a logical answer why they wouldn't just arrive and make themselves known and help? (perhaps moral, ethical questions?) We could speculate, conjecture forever. But until they (?) show up...........then your question: "So what do they want exactly?" is a mystery IMHO.

You're not the only person who thinks this way and has the same questions, perhaps knowing that, you will be able to sleep a little better at night!
Thanks for an interesting thread. Best Regards, ID

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I don't dismiss the existence of other world life. Or, even intelligent life that may be visiting us.......Now, with 1,000s of utube vids posted of supposed UFO's I've become jaded, and almost sometimes doubtful of my own experiences. I wonder if other people feel this way.
Des

Hey Des, I feel the same way. Saturation of the subject matter, overload, makes ya wanna scratch your head and wonder!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

I think there are a number of different extraterrestrials. They each have their own agenda, and most are NOT here to destroy human life. They all get what they want though. No doubt.

Just curious, why do you think that? Especially that there are a number of different ETs?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends
Just curious, why do you think that? Especially that there are a number of different ETs?

Evidence and basic reasoning.

Evidence is debatable of course. It's all out there. You can look. You can choose to believe if you want. The huge triangular UFOs are consistent with each other, but not so much with the smaller silvery saucers. The abduction witnesses. The testimony of insiders. The reports by those who have communicated with one of the more helpful ETs saying so. Etc. There's a mountain of information, if only in the other threads in this forum.

Reasoning is simple extension of the simple notion that we're not alone. It doesn't make any sense that "we're not alone, but there's only ONE other type of intelligence in the entire universe beyond our small Earth, and all those extraterrestrials are same." You either open the door mentally or you don't.
edit on 7-1-2013 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Great thread phyllida, I think I am falling in love with your avatar, she is hot!

In all seriousness, I completely look at this phenomenon the same way you do. I find it so odd that after all this time and with so many believers world wide, that 'they' can not be proven to truly exist.

I have never spotted any sort of anomalis flying object(yet) but with all we hear, read and watch about UFOs, I find it pretty obvious that something is flying around up there in the great big blue. Way too many people all over the world, for a very long time have been reporting strange objects in the sky.

My gut feeling is we are not advanced enough along our evolutionary path to prove the existence of these unknown 'visitors', yet. That is why we simply can not prove them to be real.

Thanks again! S&F4U!

edit on 1/7/2013 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Whilst I agree there is evidence, of sorts, there is never any proof that I know of. Just one small piece of proof would put all this to rest and begin the real job of disclosure.

What is it that the POTB are afraid of in being open and honest with the general population? Do they really think we are that stupid to believe all sightings are swampgas/weather balloons/chinese lanterns?

As for abductions I must confess I am more inclined to believe the reports/stories from prior to the 20th century before the advent of television and science fiction books. We store so much information in our sub-conscious that we are totally unaware of which only makes its appearance when the circumstances necessitate. For example, you watch a scary film, your subconscious stores every little detail including your emotional responses at the time, you then weeks or months later "see" something similar or maybe find yourself in a similar situation, what does the sub-conscious do? It flips through its filing system to find the appropriate explanation finds one that brings about the same emotional response and bingo you have an alien abduction or a demon or a ghost or whatever, but in effect those "memories" are false, its just the sub conscious trying to protect you by giving you the same fear emotion you experienced before, another case of fight or flight.

Scandanavia seem to have a much more open policy on the issue of UFOs and as a result I feel that when/if it is announced that ok they are real, there will be far far less panic or worry in those countries where it has been accepted as real for much longer. In fact probably after all this time of dripfeeding us information, most of us will be quite jaded and nonchalant!! What's that you say? Aliens have opened a shop next door? Who cares but what are their prices like?

I will also confess that my attitude towards ETs did change after reading the Book of Enoch a few times, was quite the eye opener for me. Whilst I've always believed that somewhere in the vastness of space there would be other civilisations, that Book kinda knocked my socks off with its possible meanings and interpretations

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Thanks darling....its me when I was younger *grin* oh sorry no that was a dream lol

If Roswell was factual, then we have the proof right there. Now I can understand them keeping it under wraps for a while but I cannot understand why they would continue to deny any existence for such a length of time, when all over the world sightings increase. The secrecy isn't evident at all...in fact these craft seem quite blase about being spotted. It was alleged that the US Government made a deal with the aliens...they would let the aliens take a certain amount of humans if they kept hidden yet that hasn't been done either.

If they have a message of spiritual enlightement and the like, surely it would be far simpler to I dunno just take over some tv studio somewhere and announce it, or start a cult, or appear to millions in person. Giving your method for advancement to some possibly terrified human being knowing they wouldn't be believed in the first place seems quite silly. Sneaking around the sky doing bugger all just seems so pointless too.

I really begin to wonder if folk just pop over for a holiday take piccies then clear off back home to the ET family "Hey look where we went this year" and get out the family album

Another thing that has always struck me as odd is that normally the size of the crafts reported and photographed are so small....not to my mind suitable for inter galactic travel, more reconnaisance type craft. With that in mind, its worried me quite a bit that somewhere up above there is a car park full of mother ships with a hell of a lot more on board!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Same with the thoughts of enslavement of us humans by a higher lifeform, it hasn't happened.

Are you sure about that ?

Since money has been the 'root of all evil', taxpayers have been slaves for the elite and banks.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Nope the love of money is the root of all evil

Money isn't evil. Occasionally what's done with it might be.

By enslavement I mean no freedom no choices no freewill no rights working on the chain gang etc. No matter what some people say we still do have those abilities/rights

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

Originally posted by ItDepends

Evidence and basic reasoning.

Evidence is debatable of course. It's all out there. You can look. You can choose to believe if you want. The huge triangular UFOs are consistent with each other, but not so much with the smaller silvery saucers. The abduction witnesses. The testimony of insiders. The reports by those who have communicated with one of the more helpful ETs saying so. Etc. There's a mountain of information, if only in the other threads in this forum.

Reasoning is simple extension of the simple notion that we're not alone. It doesn't make any sense that "we're not alone, but there's only ONE other type of intelligence in the entire universe beyond our small Earth, and all those extraterrestrials are same." You either open the door mentally or you don't.
edit on 7-1-2013 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from. However, over time, as you say, the evidence you allude to is certainly debatable. As far as the triangular or saucer type of crafts, I've just come to believe more than not, that these are military experimental craft. (or now are in use, i.e. stealth) Before knowing it, if anyone (and many did) saw the Stealth B52 bomber, that triangle was thought to be a ufo. For all intents and purposes, it was! Because no one had seen one before, but now that it is out in the open, not such a big deal.
As an example, people who saw this 20 plus years ago, umm, well, guess what they thought it might be? (courtesy boomer135)

As the OP questioned and reasoned, after all these years (millenium) the literally thousands of reports and we have IMHO no real evidence. Agreed many people have come forward to say they have been abducted (and these people under hypnosis) really believe what they say. But that alone, along with all the videos, photographs simply does not prove that they are ETs and that they have reached earth.

You would think the universe would contain life beyond earth. I would suspect that somewhere, perhaps some organic/biological life may exist, however, intelligent life is another question. As it stands now, for me, Is there life out there? A good possibility! Have we found it? No proof! Until then, I will continue to be interested in the subject, but will approach it with logical skepticism. Best regards, ID
edit on 7-1-2013 by ItDepends because: additional info

edit on 7-1-2013 by ItDepends because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join