It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 years and 50,000 posts later. Now 60,000.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yesterday was my ATS b-day. 9 years.
That was Bush's reelection year. That was wild even though there was only about 5000 members at the time. Man things have changed. The Revolution was cool. Dark Matter was AWESOME. If you remember what the site looked like before S.O. tweeked it right, ouch. Hard on the eyes. Too many events to mention.

50,000 posts. Yup. That's not a typo. This is my 50K post. Thus the real reason for this thread. I want a record for it. Usually not that vain but damn man? How often do you get to prove that you have the biggest mouth in the world?

edit on 19-10-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Congrats Fellow Canuck !!!

You might not remember but when I joined, you were the mod that welcomed me, as a Fellow Canuck...it made an impression. 50,000 posts...wow.

Watch out Super Moderator Intrepid, I might be able to give you some serious competition in twenty years or so...

Well done. Bravo !!!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

And nearly 5000 threads.....true ats solja

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
That was Bush's reelection year. That was wild even though there was only about 5000 members at the time. Man things have changed. The Revolution was cool. Dark Matter was AWESOME. If you remember what the site looked like before S.O. tweeked it right, ouch. Hard on the eyes. Too many events to mention.

50,000 posts. Yup. That's not a typo. This is my 50K post. Thus the real reason for this thread. I want a record for it. Usually not that vain but damn man? How often do you get to prove that you have the biggest mouth in the world?

Much better to leave it to cyberspace to sort it all out; because it will be somewhere recorded forever. Your own personal library to peruse and remember. You have a voice let it be heard; you have contributed. Outstanding.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Kudos and Happy ATS B'day, Intrepid!!!
9 years, eh? That makes it January 6, 2004 if my math is right. Oh, duh, I could just look at your join date, but too late, can't see your post while I'm replying!

So... I did not even know ATS existed in 2004. I got a lot more laundry done back then, LoL, and grocery shopping, cooking, etc...

I found ATS around the time Michael Crichton died, because I had recently read "State of Fear" and thought, at the time... "WOW, somebody's gonna take him out. He knows too much and spilled the beans!" So I did a search, and... whadayaknow. The top hit was a site called "Above Top Secret" which at the time I took to be a site with secrets I wasn't supposed to find (like, say, gubberment site) so I was a little scared to click on it.

There is was, a thread on the conspiracy of Michael Crichton's death... with it all layed out, just like I'd imagined it! The rest.... is history.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Biggest mouth on ATS at least....I can bet money that my mother-in-law has the biggest mouth in the world.
God love her.

I've lurked this site since about 05 and have seen a lot of the changes you speak of, as well as a lot of your contributions.

Congrats to you! 50,000 posts is quite impressive

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Happy ATS Birthday! Thanks for the rescues, giggles, verbiage. Hope you have another 50k!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
LOL at people wishing you Happy ATS Bday........

Now if you could only gain something awesome out of all those posts....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

50,000 posts. Yup.

At my pace, it will take me 25+ years to catch up, and that wouldn't include what you add on from here...

Wow. Way to go chief...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe we will throw a parade for a group of you ATS members and we will stick you all on a float... You, Phage, Slayer, Beezer, etc.... hahaha

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Now, go pig out on your cake.....

Des

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Happy ATS Birthday intrepid, and congratulations on 50K posts! May you have another 9 years 50K more!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Congratulation's intrepid

edit on 6-1-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Nice one! It's surprising how fast time really does fly by... I just took a look at my sign up date, and was surprised. I didn't think it had been quite that long - a couple of years at most....

Although, I was a lurker on this site, long before I joined up to participate.

I won't offer my congratulations in case it over inflates your ego, but I will say - WELL DONE!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Woah really? I'm at what....5 years and I'm up to a bit over 4,000 posts. Yesh, I must not have much on my mind

Well, I am a boring person to begin with.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Correction: 50,001 posts later.

Happy ATS Birthday!

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
wow 50 k posts! i dont know if thats impressive or tragic.
but anyway i'll give you an imaginary high 5.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

CONGRATS!!!!

On both milestones.
I wish you many, many more years and and at least another 50,000 posts.

Yeah, I joined shortly after you did....and have been here almost as long....
I joined because fo the JFK Assassination....what brought you here??

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Alright so you've been on ATS for 3287 days (9 years and 2 leap days)...

50,000 posts

3287 days

15.21 posts per day over 9 years and 2 leap days

You sir, sure did work up a sweat on this site over the course on 9 years..

Cheers!

SIde note- Yes, I live a very sad life to do that.... haha
edit on 6-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
damn, thats a good effort.
is ATS your job or something ?

congrats!

edit on 6-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join