It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Lazy To Read The Post!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Grrr! I'm not normally one for ranting but quite honestly, I've seen so many threads lose momentum, become pointless and go off topic because some posters simply haven't the inclination to read the damn thread! I read every post before I post so I am sure of the facts and what's already been covered but time and again I see replies like "I couldn't be bothered to plough through 5 pages but here's my response anyway" or "I haven't time to read what this is about" etc etc. Even though these people haven't bothered to read the posts they still feel the need to make sure theirwords get read, its like a major ego boost regardless of the lack of contribution to the thread as a whole.

How can you possibly add to any post in a relevant and worthwhile way if you can't be arsed reading it in the first place? How can your opinion/views count when you've no idea what's already been discussed/dismissed?

The other comment I see a lot of is "Your post is too long could you please summarise?" Good grief! I mean just how lazy can you get?

If you haven't time to read the thread then wait until you have. If you can't be bothered reading the whole thread then you shouldn't post as your argument/opinion has little validity and only goes to show you as a person of little staying power, great ego and very little investigative wherewithall

Rant end going for a lie down in a dark room and talk to some flowers whilst being watched over by angels to protect me from the demons who want to take me for experimental dna purposes to re-populate this dying planet when the population is culled by POTB reversing polarities and thereafter be enslaved by the ET's which don't exist phew! Hard life!!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
TL;DR

Sorry, I just find it ironic that SO has created a site with that name that let's you avoid reading ANY entire articles online, not just others' posts
edit on 6-1-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I should have read your whole post before replying, but............just kidding lol.

Valid points.....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Lol
drives me bonkers! Just negates any argument these folk may have when they then say "oh and I haven't read the posts but...."

Arghhh!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

Well, you've had your little rant now...nice deep breath aaaaaaand carry on.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Their not too lazy to read the post..... They just don't care what others have to say.
Their opinion is the only one that matters.

They are too narrow mined to consider anyone else's opinion because theirs is the only correct one.....

Just read the anti-gun post to see what I mean.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Yes that's what I thought but didn't want to rant too critical lol

I've tried to avoid all the gun threads after weeks and weeks of them going around in circles

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Their not too lazy to read the post..... They just don't care what others have to say. Their opinion is the only one that matters.

This is proberly about as close to the truth as it gets.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have absolutely loved reading since the age of about 3 or 4, but trying to read some of the garbage on a fairly unfiltered medium like a messageboard is literally head-wrecking. If your writing style and what you have to say matches my expectations of readability, I'll read your posts, long or short - if not, don't expect me to have noted everything you said.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Well I apologize. I have ADHD so it's hard for me to focus most days. I have to stop and continually come back to a long post/thread and it's really embarrassing for me. I tend to just avoid them as it always ends in me looking like a damn fool.

I try hard, I really do but, then something like this.....

Pops in my head and it's all over for me.

Sorry ATS.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
As someone who typically writes longer threads It does have to said that those who don't bother to read is a tad annoying. When someone puts a lot of work into something, It would be nice for them to at least read it before posting. It's certainly not appreciated when they complain because you put so much work into it, which happens often, or begins their post with the line "I didn't read this, but.."

Sure, not everyone will read the entire thing, that's fair enough completely understandable and fully expected, but at the very least don't be disrespectful or rude because someone has taken time out to write it, that makes no sense at all. If we want to make this a better site, It does take some thought and effort, not a 2 line post on impulse. Period.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

lol lol now you know that I wasn't referring to peeps like yourself (if true lol) but apology accepted now go stand in the naughty corner

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Aye it is.
There was a thread on the Newtown shooting that went on for pages, fair enough if people don't read the entire thread but at least get to grips with the main points. What irritated this old lady about that particular thread was the number of times the same question was asked "I dont' know if this has already been asked but...." all it would have taken is a cursory glance through the postings but no, it resulted in paragraph after paragraph of the same damn thing!

I swear folk come in on the last page read a couple of posts then think they know enough to comment!

Anyway I'm in my calm happy place now...amazing what letting off a tad of steam can do! Either that or its the rather nice glass of red wine I just happened to find left over from Christmas

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Mmmmk, I'll do that.

Sorry to all the long-winded posters I have offended with my inattentive brain. Excuse me, I just saw a squirrel, gotta go.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Your post is too long, could you please summarise?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

done as requested

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Good rant though, problem is, people who should read it won't read it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I feel your pain OP I made this thread today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The amount of times people have popped up saying the same ill informed BS without reading the whole thread has made me nearly quit in rage, I have had to repeat the same stuff over and over again.
Grinds my gears.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'll ALMOST always read an entire thread before posting, although with numerous Sandy Hook threads it was impossible to get all the way to the end of the thread just to find out it had been closed - so now I skip to the end to see if a controversial thread is still active before investing the time to post a reply. But I always read the OP & all the links before crafting a reply, although I reserve judgement on videos since the time investment is fixed (unlike reading speed).

The ONE thing that really irks me is the thread with a minimal post of just a video followed by "Any thoughts ATS?".

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

When they do that it just seems to me that they themselves don't actually have any thoughts of their own! Either that or they are just too scared to speculate etc lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join