It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all EVIL.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by lunarasparagus

You disagreeing doesn't make you right.

You refuse to acknowledge that the word evil is out of context

Regardless of the term I used, I believe my point is pretty clear and you can gather what I mean by the context given. I was using the language of the comedian in the video and it's much simpler to write than "morally unjustified" or whatever.

and you refuse to recognize the valid arguments that others have posted.

That's called "disagreeing" and I could say exactly the same about you refusing "to recognize the valid arguments" that I have posted.

The only one left to ponder the moral issue, on your terms, is you. Maybe that is where you should have left it?

HA HA! Well, I did start this thread. If you don't like how I framed the issue, perhaps that's where YOU should have left it. You joined this discussion voluntarily. You have a right to ignore me. I have not imposed upon you against your will. Are you a victim of being "trolled on"?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry, but you lost me. What are you asking?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Meh, you should have been flexible enough to depart from Louis CK's use of the word when you saw that that is what many where having issue with, but instead you decided to defend it. So in the end everyone is evil in a comedy routine kinda way and you equate that with:

I've wrestled with the question of the morality of living a life of excessive comfort, spending lots of money on all kinds of fun but unnecessary luxuries, while there are so many people out there without even the basic necessities for health and survival, like food. shelter, clean water, medical care, etc., not to mention all the innocent victims of persecution and exploitation.

Yeah, I'm the only one to blame for seeing a troll instead of someone who can't tell the difference from a scripted performance and the real world.

I will leave you to your thread.

edit on 11-1-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

In the book of Genesis, old testament and all thru the Bible, God refers to man as being, " Wholly evil.as he is "
Agreeing with your same conclusion here in. I simply would like to know how you feel about that ? Maybe you haven't even considered it ? You're not obligated to an answer. I'm just pick'in your brain to see where you're at with the whole duality thing.
edit on 11-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

You're reaching again. I'm fine with the term "evil". I've been very clear in what I mean. Anyway, you know I'm right which is why you're so defensive. Just admit it. You're evil. You'll feel better once you do.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

In the book of Genesis, old testament and all thru the Bible, God refers to man as being, " Wholly evil.as he is "
Agreeing with your same conclusion here in. I simply would like to know how you feel about that ? Maybe you haven't even considered it ? You're not obligated to an answer. I'm just pick'in your brain to see where you're at with the whole duality thing.

Well, thinking of myself as "evil" does not sit well with me. It leaves me troubled, but at the same time I'm enured to it, i.e., out of sight, out of mind. I wish I had the will, strength, and courage to be otherwise.

As far as the God of the Old Testament is concerned, I don't take it very seriously since God proves himself just as evil as any man.
edit on 12-1-2013 by lunarasparagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Its not that people are evil its just that most people only really have compassion on limited scales. Its part of the human mental make up.

A small scale tragedy like the recent school massacre generates more raw emotion than the starvation of many tens of thousands because its small enough in scale to wrap our individual minds around and empathise with. Small scale suffering triggers an emotional response within people, mass suffering does not, especially if its remote.

Its emotional responses that make people sacrifice, take immediate action.

When these are absent it reduces the larger problems to an intellectual consideration. When thought about like that people realise they cannot fix the problems causing starvation in the third world and it gets filed in the 'ignore - too difficult' section of the brain.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Thank you.
SnF

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Actually I don't believe in good and evil, especially in the way you are using it, so I can't. Not reaching on my part, just pointing out how I originally misunderstood your intent. I'm done here.

edit on 12-1-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We are all neutral untill prooved otherwise.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Actually I don't believe in good and evil, especially in the way you are using it, so I can't. Not reaching on my part, just pointing out how I originally misunderstood your intent. I'm done here.

edit on 12-1-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

A misunderstanding is okay. But to acknowledge your part in the misunderstanding ? Is honorable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join