We are all EVIL.

page: 1
7
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The truth is, all of us living in developed countries could do without most of the luxuries that make our lives easy and comfortable and could figure out a way to make use of all our excess wealth to save lives and eliminate the suffering of others in the world living in poverty and disease. But the truth is, we don't want to. Maybe we make token contributions to various charities, or vote for "progressive" social policies, but most of us are unwilling to give up the comforts we're so attached to, e.g., our iphones, flat-screen tv's, vacation trips, etc. We don't really care about starving, suffering, neglected children living throughout the world. If we did, we would do something--take some real action. But we don't care. Your'e evil. And I'm evil.




posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
as the almighty S.L.A.Y.E.R( Satan laughs as you eternally ROT) says..................




EVIL HAS NO BOUNDRIES!



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have always believed that we are evil.

It's nothing I'm proud of or anyone else should be ... But that's just what humans have become now ...

Pure Evil!!!



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
No I'm not,dangerous maybe towards evil but I hurt like the rest about these things.
Evil is an elitist sociopath,elected to public office or a business person wanting all the money,probably with the same affliction.They don't care,that's evil.
We are just so beat up we are tired of the ride.



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I do think that never-ending greed is harmful, but on the other hand, if all Western (and increasingly Asian) people gave up their luxuries wouldn't that make poverty worse?

Luxuries create industry and jobs.

Even in a sweat-shop people may be earning money for an entire family.
Surely if that method of production is closed, then more people will starve.
Either that or more people will end up in a true trafficking or slavery situation.
More will smuggle wildlife to survive and abuse the planet.

Most people don't want to live in rural villages like their ancestors, or it's no longer sustainable.

People voluntarily flock to mines and other sources of cheap labor.
If all Westerners (or rich people) stop buying luxury goods, then those people will be unemployed and starving.

In realistic terms buying luxury goods is the humane thing to do.

edit on 6-1-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There is greed everywhere including under developed nations. We were made to be sinners! Not to go off on a tangent but you make your bed the only important thing to remember is who you are and to treat people the way you want to be treated!
edit on 6-1-2013 by misse2miss because: error



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarasparagus
 


You're all wrong
Man is not inherently evil, greedy?. Yes, but evil ? No way, not as a species.
Sure you can post a million videos of crime and injustice it makes no difference.
The fact is if an elderly lady collapsed in front of you I'm guessing you would at least make a call to the emergency services even if you chose not to stop.
The great majority will always stop and help or try to find help.

If you don't it doesn't make you evil. It just means you're scared. Get a backbone and make a difference



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss
 

and if I were a masochist would you like me to treat you as I would like?


edit on 6-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
"Evil" is a subjective term.

Short and sweet...but true.



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 

I'm not saying we're malicious--that we wish harm or have ill will towards others. But I think it's true that our benevolence goes only as far as convenience. We'll help others as long as it's not too inconvenient for us, doesn't make us too uncomfortable or require any real sacrifice. Most of us would get along just fine without the indulgent luxuries we've become accustomed to, but when it comes down to it, we'd never part with them permanently, even to save the life of someone much less fortunate who's suffering and/or dying. We know they're out there. but we really don't care that much. It we did, we would do something.
edit on 6-1-2013 by lunarasparagus because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I do think that never-ending greed is harmful, but on the other hand, if all Western (and increasingly Asian) people gave up their luxuries wouldn't that make poverty worse?

Luxuries create industry and jobs.

Even in a sweat-shop people may be earning money for an entire family.
Surely if that method of production is closed, then more people will starve.
Either that or more people will end up in a true trafficking or slavery situation.
More will smuggle wildlife to survive and abuse the planet.

Most people don't want to live in rural villages like their ancestors, or it's no longer sustainable.

People voluntarily flock to mines and other sources of cheap labor.
If all Westerners (or rich people) stop buying luxury goods, then those people will be unemployed and starving.

In realistic terms buying luxury goods is the humane thing to do.

edit on 6-1-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)


for a minute there I thought you were serious.
Why not just breed out the lower lifeforms in your world ? Oh yeah you'd have to work then and learn to farm, and hunt, lifes a bitch when you can't buy it, let's see how far your 3d TV helps you in setting a trap to feed your family.



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarasparagus
 


you still can sell all you got, buy food and send it to this poor bastards... right?
oh... don't try to send a letter, most of them can't even read, but do have 7 or more children

I can't afford having even 4, in my luxurious, healthy, rich world !
and I don't even want to hint what I do every day to have my house, my car and my TV



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma
reply to post by lunarasparagus
 


you still can sell all you got, buy food and send it to this poor bastards... right?
oh... don't try to send a letter, most of them can't even read, but do have 7 or more children

I can't afford having even 4, in my luxurious, healthy, rich world !
and I don't even want to hint what I do every day to have my house, my car and my TV


There is an old adage that says " If you choose to breed yourself into extinction ***k away Just don't expect the rains to come or the aids to disappear" Hang on it's not that old about 2 mins



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 

With jobs and good exports our poor will not need to plunder the wildlife and other life-forms (only a few who are really greedy or criminal).

Survival skills are good, especially if you live close to a bush or wildlife area.
However, that is not a solution.
There are too many people and too few resources to sustain that.

I've seen the collapse of Zimbabwe, and how hungry people will do anything (even brave crocodiles and lions) to get to an industrialized country.

So before one thinks of guilt feelings about consumption, one should also consider that consumption drives economies.

Perhaps "ethical consumption" could be an improvement, but sanctioning anything as "evil" when the poorer countries are crying out for jobs (and more production) is a bit unrealistic.



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Speak for yourself.I have'nt been on a holiday in so many years i would'nt know what a holiday was if it jumped up and bit me in the ass.No awesome luxuries here.Why don't you pick on those who gather billions+trillions for themselves,and has more money than they could spend in 20 lifetimes?? Am i supposed to feel monstrously selfish and evil because i could afford each of my kids a Xmas present? GET REAL. The average person spending on themselves+their loved ones a few bucks that they work their bloody asses off for all month long,should'nt have to foot the bill-do you realise how much revenue could be raised for hungry people worldwide,if all governments globally levied a "charity tax" or something like that,on their mega-wealthy citizens?And then paid it over to the UN or whoever tends to such matters? Why must Joe or Jill Average always pay for everything?



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarasparagus
The truth is, all of us living in developed countries could do without most of the luxuries that make our lives easy and comfortable and could figure out a way to make use of all our excess wealth to save lives and eliminate the suffering of others in the world living in poverty and disease.

As someone living in the third world I can tell you that the average citizens of developed nations are not the reason there is poverty and suffering in my country and those like it. Your not evil, at least not for living at the standard of living provided in your countries.



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by cody599
 

With jobs and good exports our poor will not need to plunder the wildlife and other life-forms (only a few who are really greedy or criminal).

Survival skills are good, especially if you live close to a bush or wildlife area.
However, that is not a solution.
There are too many people and too few resources to sustain that.

I've seen the collapse of Zimbabwe, and how hungry people will do anything (even brave crocodiles and lions) to get to an industrialized country.

So before one thinks of guilt feelings about consumption, one should also consider that consumption drives economies.

Perhaps "ethical consumption" could be an improvement, but sanctioning anything as "evil" when the poorer countries are crying out for jobs (and more production) is a bit unrealistic.



Only when man has fished the last fish, farmed the last crop and eaten the last beast will he realise you can't eat money.
Peace



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik
 


A lot of third world countries ignore an extremely valuable resource. Religion is the main reason i assume. Their women are the most valuable resource they have. Educate them. Listen to them. Cherish them. Another reason is the huge piles of money some of these countries leaders have is simply pocketed so they can live lavish lifestyles. They could use that money to build infrastructures and factories that would break their people out of poverty.



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 

There's a certain truth to that for sure.
I think everybody here wants to prevent misery either way.

However, usually people first discover they can't eat money, and then the heartbreaking stripping of the wildlife truly begins.
Populations have increased manifold, and it's no longer the 19th century.

And businesses must be productive.
You can't just open a factory for long.
It requires a whole network of supply and demand.

So I also don't want countries to get to the point where their last industries close, and then they will find out that their money is worth less than toilet paper, and all the Marxist and political rhetoric was rubbish.

I'm also for sustainable and ethical industry, and that includes luxuries.

Sanctions based on guilt will not be helpful.
Especially not for people who really want to save the environment and wild places, because these places are the first to be plundered if the economy fails.



edit on 6-1-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Only when man has fished the last fish, farmed the last crop and eaten the last beast will he realise you can't eat money.
Peace


NO dude!!
smart people breed they own fish and animals and cultivate they plants

and they don't give it away for free...

is it sarcasm or religious conviction you're talking ???
edit on 6-1-2013 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join