It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America is Severely Broken - Meet Alice Walton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by The Old American

Tell that to rubbermaid.They kicked their door in and used muscle , here's the link in black and white.

www.sprawl-busters.com...

edit on 6-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

Tell what to Rubbermaid? That WalMart decided to not pass on cost hikes to their customers? I don't see that any point has been made here, other than Rubbermaid maybe should've done a better job promoting their products to other retailers so they'd have a cushion if one dropped them.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I've never stepped into a Walmart nor bought anything from their chain (except some first aid kit item I bought on ebay was indirectly drop shipped from their online store).

Frankly it's who EMPLOYS the topic that's the problem: the American people last time I checked are the ones CAMPING OUT at Walmart just hours after they stuffed their bellies full of DEAD factory-bred poultry raised in deplorable American conditions on pet-food byproducts (including poultry itself), hormones, antibiotics, feces, & assorted toxins. And TRAMPLE each other to death, elderly as well as unborn fetuses and pregnant mothers included.

What sort of life is it, the need to constant buy buy buy and finance most everything under the sun as if you can't afford the life you live thru savings alone then something is intrinsically wrong and no one to blame but your consumerist self for fattening that Wal woman.

edit on 6-1-2013 by minnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Tell that to rubbermaid.They kicked their door in and used muscle , here's the link in black and white.

classic corporatism ... not capitalism.
i really wish ppl would learn the difference.

WalMart reminds me of a zit that won't go away.
WalMart lacks ethics, equality and community involvement.
corporatists like those of WalMart belong in jail for racketeering against the American public.
(and RubberMaid specifically, along with many others over the years)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

The numbers don't fit. The number of walmart employees and the billions you talk about dont add up. Their billions come from their customers. They save very well by cutting corners. And if you are willing to work for me for minimum wage, then its all your choice.... Or create a product so you can put it on their shelves... I do agree they wield a big stick, but people you are so much in control you don't realize it. Stop entering walmart stores. Read up on similar stores that have a better employee/employer relationship if that is your premise.. It really is that simple..

Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more. Step up to *your* own individual plate and swing away.
edit on 6-1-2013 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Tell what to Rubbermaid? That WalMart decided to not pass on cost hikes to their customers? I don't see that any point has been made here, other than Rubbermaid maybe should've done a better job promoting their products to other retailers so they'd have a cushion if one dropped them.

/TOA

OK you are right walmart should continue to stomp on suppliers and cost Americans jobs.Only to supply consumers with inferior products at a cheaper rate.Also to limit work shifts so they don't have to pay healthcare.After all it is only good business.In the link bellow take a look at their good business practices.

riverbendjournal.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

/TOA

OK you are right walmart should continue to stomp on suppliers and cost Americans jobs.Only to supply consumers with inferior products at a cheaper rate.Also to limit work shifts so they don't have to pay healthcare.After all it is only good business.In the link bellow take a look at their good business practices.

riverbendjournal.blogspot.com...

Nobody should stomp on anyone. But they weren't stomping on Rubbermaid. Rubbermaid was the one that wanted to raise prices. WalMart didn't want to have to pass on that extra cost to consumers.

What is this "limiting work shift" caca? If you don't want to work for WalMart, don't work for them. Work for someone else, for crying out loud. WalMart didn't kidnap these people, they give them jobs. But if you don't like it, go work somewhere else.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Ever read about the practices WalMart follows to get those low costs? WalMart has put plenty of American owned and selling businesses out of business and/or huge portions of their employees out of work, both on the retail and manufacturing sides.

www.pbs.org...

www.demos.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Ever read about the practices WalMart follows to get those low costs? WalMart has put plenty of American owned and selling businesses out of business and/or huge portions of their employees out of work, both on the retail and manufacturing sides.

www.pbs.org...

www.demos.org...

I read that link above to the riverbendjournal blog. You know what I saw? I saw companies doing business with a retail giant to sell their products, and not being able to keep up with consumer demand. Not being able to fulfill obligations that they promised when they signed on the dotted line.

Look, I'm no friend of WalMart, especially after their deal with DHS to have Naplotiano's ugly mug on their TVs telling to narc on our fellow Americans. I can't stand to even walk into WalMart because of the all "WalMart people". They do have good prices, and you can get some great deals, but I'd rather spend my money at specialty stores (clothes from The Buckle, electronics from Best Buy, food from a local grocery store).

But WalMart is what it is: a retail giant that expects to be able to sell your product cheaply to consumers. If a business doesn't think they can't do that, then they shouldn't enter into a binding agreement to do so. Kind of like mortgages, student loans, etc.

If you can't afford it, don't buy into it. WalMart is the scorpion from "The Scorpion and the Frog"; it's their nature to sting. Don't give them a ride across the river if you don't want to get stung.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Walmart tries to keep shifts under 40 hours.Then they aren't required to cover healthcare because they are part time help ,thats the caca.

Walmart wooed rubbermaid until walmart was their largest buyer.Then when the had them by the gonads
Walmart set their foot down and ruined them.

By the way I didn't hear from you a reply about my second link.Many other American companies have suffered the same abuse.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

By the way I didn't hear from you a reply about my second link.Many other American companies have suffered the same abuse.

I read that link above to the riverbendjournal blog. You know what I saw? I saw companies doing business with a retail giant to sell their products, and not being able to keep up with consumer demand. Not being able to fulfill obligations that they promised when they signed on the dotted line.

Here's a link to a site they may help you with your reading problems. They've helped millions like you. I hope they can help.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The blog quoted many sources.I guess you have a research deficiency.I can tell because you failed to finish.Or you would have mentioned Snapper.They saw what was comming and walmarts pressure to make a cheaper more throw away lawnmower.So people would come back year after year to buy" cheap" inferior product.

I also noticed you can't see your own errors.Remember your comment about the limited shift caca.Well I responded with a answer,by your comment it was obvious you had no idea what I was talking about (back to
your research deficiency?) no you just threw out a insult.

You seem like a person who just takes a stance with no real idea of the subject.Are you mean and lonely
and just want to argue?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't think any one person should have that much 'power' or ability of power.. especially her.

Personally I think medics and firemen should make $1000/h... at least that's worth it in a sense..

No one sees anything wrong when one person has 21 billion dollars at their disposal while the guy sitting under the bridge barely owns the clothes on his back?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

You seem like a person who just takes a stance with no real idea of the subject.Are you mean and lonely and just want to argue?

Ive seen a few of his posts around different threads and he seems to almost always play the role of the antagonist.
There are a few others like that as well, I dont even bother with them.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Thank you very much I will take that advice.I was starting to get that vibe.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well, people shop at their shops...they dont have too. But at least more information is available to people to make an informed decision where they shop.

I noticed an interesting comment from a Chinese national doing a holiday in the USA with a group, recently.
He/she couldnt help but laugh, and be sad at the same time, everywhere they went to buy "USA" souvenirs of their journey, they discovered they were ALL Made in China.
He wrote that this was very disappointing, that these goods, not available to him in China, can be sold as American souvenirs.
Naturally he didnt buy any "Chinese" Souvenirs in the USA, to take back home...to China..

This is not exclusive to the USA, but just shows the impression this makes to the Chinese people.
A very Weak impression, unfortunately....except, of course, for the Chinese business people...they are laughing all the way to the Bank.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

America is severely broken, because no matter how many times people are told the less than savory aspects of Walmart/Sam's Club empire they continue to shop there. If people weren't excited about cheap plastic crap and non-necessities, and putting out locally owned business that have steadily provided necessities America might be better off. BIGGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Seems there are still many Crony Capitalism fans out there that want to run it all into the ground at any cost.

If they truly had their way they would have the masses being grateful to have a job making 15 cents a week.

Hopefully a celestial event will end it all soon...ie: Black Hole, Asteroid, Solar Flare, Super Nova nearby etc.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides

America is severely broken, because no matter how many times people are told the less than savory aspects of Walmart/Sam's Club empire they continue to shop there. If people weren't excited about cheap plastic crap and non-necessities, and putting out locally owned business that have steadily provided necessities America might be better off. BIGGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!

Well, because they have ran all the competition out of their areas, especially the old mom and pops, people are left with little choice.
The only Kmart that was left in my city of 300k closed up shop last year and the only Target is hanging by a thread.
I realize that they sell the same made in china crap but its actually more pleasant to shop at Target, less crowded etc..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This would solve all of America's problems.

We should shut down all Walmarts and take all of Alice Walton's $21 billion and divide it up equally among every American just because we want to.

That would give everybody $61 each, enough to go out and see a movie and have a nice dinner this weekend.

Or maybe the Federal government should shut down Walmart and confiscate all of Alice's money. Her $21 billion would pay to operate the government for 2 days.

There you go. This would fix all of American's problems. It would also put 2.1 million people out of work and the jump the unemployment rate to 9%, but that's ok. At least America's problems would be solved.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

You are in disagreement with the thread and a fan of Miss Alice. I get it.
I don't necessarily agree with you and no amount of persuading is going to get me on board.
There are a whole lot of credible people who back me up on this.

I'm not a fan at all for I see her as a non-issue. You are just trying to push class warfare, trying to blame everything on some rich nut job. I really don't care..keep blaming her and others like her for yours and America's problems, but for the vast majority with problems need to only look in the mirror to see who is to blame.

It was a great campaign agenda by Obama to push class warfare, it got him elected by demonizing everyone who made over 250k..they are not doing their share. Well the middle class champion is in office so I think I'll just sit back eat popcorn and watch it all unfold...

We all admit THERE IS A PROBLEM with our shrinking middle class, (China's growth and increasing middle class) and I think this is a huge part of it. .

Well first, China has a long way to go to get a middle class with 800 million making less than 30 bucks a month, but what just IS middle class anyways? Back in 2008 a family that made 50k was lower middle class but was able to maintain. With Obama's hyper spending it has created hyper inflation too, so that same family needs 65k now to buy the same as they did back in 2008.

Add in companies dumping their employees to stay afloat in a recession that this administration seems to have done everything wrong to try and fix it while other companies drop full time workers because of the future Obamacare, and we have a serious middle class problem with people making a whole lot less now while having a lot less buying power due to inflation.

Now you can blame the Walton nut job, or you can blame the Government that has been carrying (I mean fumbling )the football these last four years...up to you...

I personally think that if you and your empire whole heartedly, conscientiously and knowingly, intentionally support communist countries, you should also live in them.

I have no clue to what you are talking about here. Make it profitable for companies to be in America and they will come. BTW China is having its own problems. Their Government controlled economy is going to crash down on their heads in a few short years, it never was sustainable...that should be a warning to our administration that seems to want to do the same with a Government controlled economy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join