It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ah Yes, Spiritual akin to mental disorder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by Nevertheless

Nevertheless, you obviously have come here to troll. So troll away. I would have loved to have had a debate with you but I was on my to work, another time maybe.

How is correcting your incorrect claims trolling, when those claims were the whole point of your post?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
I'd bet you drink fluoride every day, and think it is good for ya. Do you really like rodent poison?

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MagnumOpus

HA! I consider myself moderately spiritual, and I don't take medications at all. I don't believe in altering myself for the convenience of others. I may have a few problems, but hey, who doesn't?

After seeing your response Opus, I'm going to come to the conclusion that I ought not expect my answer to be sufficient for you.
It is my contention that this study could be valid from several different aspects, even from a bible reader's standpoint. Today's Christians are told to expect to keep sinning despite the warning that sin gives birth to death.
That's not an expectation that believers in Jesus hold, since people who believe in Jesus also believe that which Jesus taught.
Right after Jesus told John the Baptist, ".. it is fitting for US to fulfill all righteousness." and was baptized and endowed with the Holy Spirit, he was LED into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan. Jesus resisted the devil and the devil FLED. Christians on the other hand, ought to know that they are not above Jesus, if he was persecuted so too will his followers be. If he was tempted, so too will his followers be, but his followers are at a disadvantage, they depend on pastors to tell them what's up when they really should be relying on the true source, not the wayside where birds come and devour. Jesus, the source of Truth, said, "Go and sin no more, lest something worse happen to you." When a demon comes out of a person, it goes through dry places and comes back to check on the person to see if they can regain entry, and if they can, they go and find seven more demons stronger than it'self and invites them to inhabit that person who does not seek to have the Holy Spirit, truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, Jesus' words to live by.
Jesus knows that merely believing in God's existence does not bring about righteous living.

"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hell you yourselves are! -Matthew 23:15

There is a source of confusion, one of many sources, the greatest deception is from the Church it'self, which has been infiltrated by wealthy Luciferians/Satanists. Jesus told these leaders.

Matthew 23:13 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

This is the reason that judgement begins at the house of God, because God gave people the responsibility of spreading the truth and they didn't because they relied on man made traditions and were tempted and through their ignorance of scripture, their faith perished.

For the time has come for judgment, and it must begin with God's household. And if judgment begins with us, what terrible fate awaits those who have never obeyed God's Good News? -1 Peter 4:17

Judgement begins with God's household because the holders of the truth were given the responsibility to SHARE that truth with others, believers are not about keeping secrets the way that Freemasons do!

What I tell you now in the darkness, shout abroad when daybreak comes. What I whisper in your ear, shout from the housetops for all to hear! -Matthew 10:27

Remember that God wouldn't tell us to do something that he himself would not do.

Luke 12:2-3 The time is coming when everything that is covered up will be revealed, and all that is secret will be made known to all. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.

And really, a whole lot of heartache would be spared by all if people would heed this:

Luke 14:28-29 "But don't begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first calculating the cost to see if there is enough money to finish it? Otherwise, you might complete only the foundation before running out of money, and then everyone would laugh at you.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
There is a lot embellishment and loss of meaning in many religious writings, and those so quick to take up these embellished stories appear well associated with mental illness and living in their own little fantasy world:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Spiritual people are more likely to be mentally ill (but at least they think life has more meaning)

Researchers at University College London say spiritual believers are more likely to suffer problems such as eating conditions or an anxiety disorder.

----------

They suffered problems including abnormal eating conditions, drug abuse, anxiety disorder, phobias and neurosis.
They were also more likely than others to be taking medication for mental health problems.

-------

They also had a 77 per cent higher chance of being dependent on drugs and were 37 per cent more at risk of neurotic disorder.

Spirituality was also associated with a 40 per cent greater likelihood of receiving treatment with psychotropic drugs.

Perhaps now we see lots of these effects on this religion area of discussion!!

edit on 6-1-2013 by MagnumOpus because: Sometimes religion is too much akin to make believe and it shows up in research!

I agree and I believe that people who believe they are rooted in reality are also mentally defected.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Give me the definition of spiritual or it didn't happen. Are we ourselves always guilty for our own mental problems? Mental health and the methaphysical.

Yeah,.. that's it; deal with life!
edit on 8-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Is it all belivers in spirituality or is there a certain group that you have deamed unstable? And if so what evidence do you put forth for this premis?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Humm, Jesus lived from many varied stories. No big embellished tales....

zen-haven.com...

The Little-Known Legend of Jesus in Japan

In Shingo, the Greatest Story Ever Told is retold like this: Jesus first came to Japan at the age of 21 to study theology. This was during his so-called “lost years,” a 12-year gap unaccounted for in the New Testament.

edit on 8-1-2013 by MagnumOpus because: The land sacred

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
Is it all belivers in spirituality or is there a certain group that you have deamed unstable? And if so what evidence do you put forth for this premis?

This is a very good question, I gave you a star, thinking that Opus would get around to answering this, but since he hasn't, and since I have made the assertion that the study put forth could be valid from several different aspects, I'll try to answer your questions as accurately as I can.
Please keep in mind that everyone whom has credibility in your opinion was considered a noone at some point in their own life, even the guitar players from Metallica weren't born on a soap box, so who you choose to listen to is up to you, that whole "no free will" crap is disgusting and very much untrue, so again, I must state that you may or may not understand what I am saying the same way I understand it.
Alright, on to the first question. I do not believe that all believer's in spirituality are unstable, many, but not all.
MY reasoning is this:
Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do. -James 1:8
Of course there is more, but I find that if a person truly loves the truth, they'd be willing to search for it, they would ask seek and knock, there is a reason Jesus mentioned pearls, pearls don't hold any value to swine, it's about priorities.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join