It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remnants of a Lost World: Ancient Atlantic Mariners - Navigation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Thank you for the great collection of information. It just goes to show, it truely IS a small world after all. Perhaps someday the mysteries surrounding many of the great societies of old will come to light, but until then, I will enjoy reading about them... and imagining them.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I certainly don't buy at all the Egyptians of that day built the kind of pyramids that Christopher Dunn mentions.
So I say NO, the egyptians of the day DID NOT BUILD THE PYRAMIDS! It was long before, too many scholars with knowledge say and affirm this. The mainstreamers are HURTING our current view of things that are starting to come out in TRUTH !!!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There is an Irish legend which tells that Irish people descend from Scota, an ancient Egyptian princess (daughter of the Pharoah). The male ancestor (and Scota's husband) is either seen as Mil Espaine (an Iberian) or Goidel Glas (who is either Scythian or Greek). They traveled to Spain and lived there in Galicia before journeying to Ireland via an ocean voyage.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-1-2013 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2013 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Very interesting thread with a lot of good reads.

Keep them coming.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack

Soryy to respond to your post

I agree linking michigan copper to bronze age copper is a strecth, however the amount of copper in michigan alone generated more revenue than the entire gold rush. So that part is not a stretch.

The statement by the poster before has to do with the mysterious ancient mines on isle royale/ lake superior and what happened to the ancient copper that was mined. Geologist and engineers havent agreed on how much but some estimates are in the billions. During world war one 270 million tons were mined in that region alone, those were scraps compared to what was mined by the ancient miners.

The question is who dunnit?

Wouldn't any metals shipped from the Americas to the far east and beyond be traceable? So I think the proof would be in the pudding...so to speak.

That is why I feel any travels would have all been one way trips, and not really successful other than a mix of cultures. As far as I know we lack DNA proof and physical proof in either direction. We do see similarities in pyramids that could either be because that might be the most common form of building or somewhere knowledge was able to be traded. Since we only see pyramids in the south I think it is external knowledge from the middle east that ended up there.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Fascinating about Scota the princess. I heard this before also and I am Irish. My mother works as the head guide in Tara Hill in county Meath, a neolithic henge taht lines up with the winter solstice, purportedly as old as the pyramids. The take she tells is that the first people in Ireland were the Fir Bolg(men of the bag), probably a tribe that crossed the land bridge between britain and ireland at the end of the last ice age and who developed their ownculture. The next crowd over were the Milesian Gaels as you refered to, that ties into the story you say about the prince from North Spain. They came over around 500 BC supposedly. These Milesian Gaels had Iron and managed to subjugate the Fir Bolg. The next guys over were the Vikings followed by the Normans and finally the English. There was a supposed legendary tribe that goes hand in hand with the fairytales and legends fo the ladn called the Tuatha De Danaan. Some people say that this name is synonomous with the Dan tribe of Israel, one of their sixteen(or is it eleven) tribes of Israel. This i find hard to believe though. My mother has never refered to an egyptian connection though proving travel between Egypt and Ireland. The most remote and strange connection was finding roman coins in the mounds on Tara that the archaelogists believe, when combining with other sources, were bribes from the Roman Legions to stop Irish raiders slaving on the Roman controlled British shore circa second or third century. If the Romans traded with Ireland, its my opinion that it is perfectly possible for Egyptian traders to have gtten this far at least. the Atlantic though seems insurmountable in my opinion to Bronze age people. Although as i have said before, a tour guide i bumped into in South America swore to me that there were Egyptian relics to be found near Lake Titicaca.

One last thing though. The Irish for a Black man is actually "Fear Gorm" which when translated means Blue man! The theory is that North African traders who sailed up the coast had blue face paint with dark skin, and this reference to fear gorm has been around for thousand of years. So i say, if traders could come up the coast from West and North Africa, why not the Egyptians getting that far too. Fascinating subject!

over and out,

w

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Warchief666

W

The first attempted invasion of the British Isles failed because the Ancient Brits had boats much larger than the Roman Galleys. (Barry Fell refs the Roman chronicles in Bronze Age America or America B.C.). The retreat to Wales, Scotland, Ireland by the Celts on the 2nd successful invasion would suggest that the ppl you talk of were part of this culture. As such the Irish would have had the boats and tech to sail far afield, to the Americas if Fell's accounts are to be believed..
There are also Greek accounts of Ancient Britons trading in the Mediteranean, as far as Egypt before the first pyramid was ever built. The culture your mother tours was part of a once immense empire, consigned to a crappy roman accounts that do not do it justice.

Will

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Linking another time clock similar (if basic) to the one metioned in this thread

link

Have you lost yourself in a new thread already slayer? Be careful, one day they will all align... and then look out!

edit on 9-1-2013 by AussieAmandaC because: dig the new avatar, vewy sexy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join