It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beauty of snow and how it relates to the knowingness principals of physics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Just recently the real beauty of snow has entered my universe. This happened when I realized it was frozen water, but the kind of water which flows in tiny packets (snow) and not the frozen water where large blocks of it freeze all at once. We recognize beauty in that fact because the beauty resonates to us from its bright whiteness, extremely bright whiteness when you keep staring at it in the sunlight (some people in the wild get snow blindness it's so bright. On a dark night the snow shines enough reflected illumination to make the surroundings clearly visible. That's a lot of reflecting surface, with the photons all being unabsorbed and directed speedily away (which makes the color white) from the substance. And that substance is water. Cold water that's stopped moving and is sitting there in small packets is arguably the brightest natural substance on the planet. I really got off on that.

Then, and here's why it's in this thread, when you realize that the beauty in this seems to be at the same wavelength-of-feeling spot as the beauty felt when you hear a theory of something you hold a lot of interest in. The beauty resonates as "that's the correct answer or description" when assigned to fields as diverse as quantum mechanics on all its levels, to vibrational mechanics - where the beauty wavelength rules - to just things as simple as knowing what movie title goes with a personal like-dislike scale. It's that feeling of beauty, and it can be felt, if it hasn't been already (it's a new experience for me associated with snow) by just looking at snow, realizing it's just water, and proof to the conscious mind that water is the most natural reflective surface on earth. Let it snow, let it....and the people of England will be seeing a lot of it this week, an opportunity to really see the beauty in it if you haven't already, because that's a fun place to be. Good luck. The stuff is just water! And just look at it! , is what I'm saying.

Mods, please move if this belongs somewhere else, I just had this nice knowingness about the beauty of snow and how it relates to science theory and practice.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Aleister because: edits

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Did you graduate elementary school recently? They teach you this basic science.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Now, now. Play nice.

OP, I agree. Snow is beautiful.

Sounds like you had some sort of revelation.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I am playing nice
grl !

It's that I was hoping that maybe some cool pictures from a microscopic view that we have never seen before would be introduced to us in this thread. Kind of like this below:

Amazing Electron Microscope Images
www.listoid.com...

snowflakes are groups of 2 frozen ice crystals stuck together which fall through the Earth's atmosphere. They begin as two snow crystals which develop when microscopic supercooled cloud droplets freeze.

Edit: This is advanced science for ya!

edit on 6-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
A single snowflake is one of the most beautiful things in nature. It's when they get together and gang up on us that they show their true vicious nature.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Ha, scoff if you must. I just never really "got" that that's just water covering everything, and it's probably as reflective as any natural substance. Not a revelation as much as, yep, that makes it really beautiful and nice. And, as some of you may have guessed, the thread also presents another way of looking at and lightening the burden of people in the path of the large snow storm which may cover England this week. It can be an adventure if you remember how it was back in elementary school - snow!!! Yay!!! (but lots of people are still going to moan about it)
edit on 6-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Never realized that it melts into water, therefore it is water?

Snowscapes are beautiful and spiritually fulfilling.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Yes, go with it. Isn't it amazing? Water is covering houses, streets, tree limbs, and the entire continent of Antartica. And soon England, as the tea leaves reckon.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Aleister because: covening, hmmmm

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Now, now. Play nice.

OP, I agree. Snow is beautiful.

Sounds like you had some sort of revelation.

Nicely said smyleegrl

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
whilst I was thinking it was white because of the AIR trapped inside of it. Most of the ice seems blue when in large volumes or some residues or contamination colours it otherwise

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
OP... i get it. It is beautiful. You have noticed the beauty in something folks see daily. Its part of the secret... seeing the beauty in even the most mundane things we shall encounter through out our lives. To see the beauty in it ! A new beginning to ponder ... perhaps..

leolady

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by SteveR
Water is covering houses, streets, tree limbs, and the entire continent of Antartica.

I think you are amazed that water can be in such a different form. This is not unusual in chemistry. Carbon, for instance, can be in the form of diamonds and coal. Water itself is dihydrogen monoxide, therefore it is made up of elements (hydrogen and oxygen) which can combine together to make many different compounds, not just water. This is very basic science as you probably know and I really don't find this interchangeability impressive because it is not a revelation to me.

My spiritual appreciation is more about the beauty and the experience rather than the science. I don't think 'wow this is actually water covering everything'. That was obvious to begin with. I'm more amazed by it as an experience of the beauty of this world. The spiritual experience of creation is what is truly amazing. In my opinion the academic objectifies the world too much. That is dry and unemotional. I really don't care about the chemistry of it, at least not for my appreciation of the beauty.

Originally posted by leolady
Its part of the secret... seeing the beauty in even the most mundane things we shall encounter through out our lives.

Agree completely. The truth is nothing in this world is mundane.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To see beauty is to see yourself in others, or in anything observed.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Snow is beautiful, if you are somewhere warm to look out at it. However, if you are trapped in it, it becomes cold, un-daunting, and unforgiving. It's beauty changes into something ugly, and dangerous. It can freeze anything, including you. If there is a blizzard, it can strand you where you are for days. It can keep provisions from reaching where they need to be. It's powerful stuff.

Sometimes I think we find beauty in the dangerous, and in doing so, we forget it's dangers. Beauty is seductive. Beauty is evil, if for no other reason than it blinds. Be wary of beauty, especially of the elements.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisalie
Snow is beautiful, if you are somewhere warm to look out at it. However, if you are trapped in it, it becomes cold, un-daunting, and unforgiving. It's beauty changes into something ugly, and dangerous. It can freeze anything, including you. If there is a blizzard, it can strand you where you are for days. It can keep provisions from reaching where they need to be. It's powerful stuff.

Sometimes I think we find beauty in the dangerous, and in doing so, we forget it's dangers. Beauty is seductive. Beauty is evil, if for no other reason than it blinds. Be wary of beauty, especially of the elements.

I already said this back up the page a ways. But your post warrants a repeat here...

A single snowflake is one of the most beautiful things in nature. It's when they get together and gang up on us that they show their true vicious nature.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Did you graduate elementary school recently? They teach you this basic science.

Since when are the transcendentals like beauty and spiritual consciousness part of a grammar school curriculum? I have a neighbor who fills me in on what is being taught these days and it is so horrific that I at first refused to myself to share it with the readers here................A few things that I did muster the courage to share - --> I will clue you in on the facts as they stand NOW - they are being taught the benefits of abortion, homosexuality (including man-boy sex) and same sex marriage. She spoke of a class where the children are taught to apply a condom to a model cock about eight inches in size. Every child had to participate or risk humiliation and suspension from school. Makes me want to throw up!!!

So much for your third graders being scientifically aware. You do not know what you're talking about.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Zongoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Evidently you are not a Yooper. That white crap gets old after five months of it in a row.

Maybe the Mods can move your thread to Northern Alaska.

edit on 9-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Evidently you are not a Yooper. That white crap gets old after five months of it in a row.

Maybe the Mods can move your thread to Northern Alaska.

edit on 9-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Well, at least you have the long nights of observing to look forward to. Silver linings. Nobody has discussed my reason for putting the thread up, the scienfitic use of measuring the brain's wavelengths of "beauty" and how that data can be used for such things as mood-enhancing brain machines (not pharma drugs), learning curves concerning biological response to everyday phenomena, and such things as relating the sense of beauty to other thought processes and further emotional responses to "outside" stimuli. Oh well, let it snow, let it snow, something something.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I saw your post, and agree. I also felt it needed expanding. While beauty can be found when you aren't looking for it, I strongly disagree with those who seem to purposely be seeking it. The most dangerous things in nature are beautiful.

new topics

top topics

join