It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Superstitious? You might want to read this...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oddpenguin

Thank You ! Glad you enjoyed !

It's interesting to see what others believe.

I absolutely agree !!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Ah you know it and I do check them periodically to make sure they are in the right position. I have thrown more salt over my shoulder than most people consume in a lifetime... Stuff like that, when I can...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
When a bird flies into the house, someone is going to die, when someone places shoes on the table, someone is going to die.

When birds fly left to right , someone is home, when right to left, house is empty.

Drop a knife and someone will come to call, drop a fork and female sweetheart will show up or call.

When flies come in by the droves, it is either going to rain or my Ex is coming over...

Stuff like that...

Yeah, I am superstitious...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have thrown more salt over my shoulder than most people consume in a lifetime...

Priceless !!

Great reply, Antar ! As for dropping a fork on the floor, my grandmother would flip everytime it happened as it meant that guests would be arriving in the next few days and she was already (always) cooking left, right and center !!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Ah you know it and I do check them periodically to make sure they are in the right position. I have thrown more salt over my shoulder than most people consume in a lifetime... Stuff like that, when I can...

I do this, as well. Some people think I'm nuts. XD

oddpenguin

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Brilliant thread!! Thank you, it has been a very interesting read!

I was about to say that I don't think I am very suspicious, but then I remembered that when I see a lone magpie I salute him/her. No idea where that came from but I have been doing it as long as I remember!

I spend half of the time walking my dog saluting!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I do not like to give samples of urine, blood, hair...nothing like that. I had a few teeth pulled but they went home with me,, as did a cyst.

Weird to some but maybe withcraft belifs about the possession of such things is a memory of the future, or of an advanced past.

I saw a science show and they were taking Christopher Columbus' s bones from their chest, and digging up his son to get at his dna. Then they ground the bones....

Why are men in labs with labcoats doing these things ' ok' ?

All i saw was an old witch cackling...."I' ll grind yer bones..."

They could not get the dna needed...spell did not work...took them to a more advanced lab...to a stonger witch...still no dna...

So what did the strong witch do? Took some of ol Christopher' s bones and stored em on a shelf.

edit on 11-1-2013 by hadriana because: forgive me...tiny touchscreens do nothing for my syntax and spelling.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If I ever saw someone harming a cat, or any living being, I would smash their face into the ground as hard as I can and say "how does it feel?! Huh?! ANSWER MEEEEE!!!!!!" Cause I'm a psycho like that XD

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Good call
So how do you plan to protect your DNA in the afterlife? Or will you not care anymore then?

Cremation doesn't work, as far as I know, shards of bone are still intact. I was mortified when I decided to take a look into the mini urn given to me after my mother had passed.

I used to want my remains shipped out into space. But now I dunno... An alien with advanced technology is essentially just a superwitch in disguise when you really think about it...

I guess my new plan will have to involve my next of kin being the key member in a quest to deliver my remains into the fires of mordor...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Well to be honest I can use all the luck I can get so it never hurts to help it out a bit... I know I am nuts too but loveable just the same.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Oh right on Grandma! I bet she was very "intuitive". When one trusts that they are never let down. Good story, thanks I do love the older generation and their down to earth wisdom. She sounds like a real treasure. bet her old cook books have all kinds of hand written gems.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Just so you know....

Ritual majic works! ex.... Santeria, Voodoo it's not superstition!

so...

cuidado mono!

edit on 11-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Don't worry about it ! If being superstitious meant being nuts, half the population (or more) would be in asylums! I think that all of us are a bit superstitious about something or another but most won't necessarily admit it...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rooska

Okay, being french, I had to look up "magpie" as it sounded like something I would not describe on this forum...

Cool superstition !!

Of all birds it is probably the magpie that is most associated with superstitions. However, most superstitions regarding magpies are based around just one bird. Throughout Britain it is thought to be unlucky to see a lone magpie and there are a number of beliefs about what you should do to prevent bad luck.

In most parts of the UK people will salute a single magpie and say “Good morning Mr Magpie. How is your lady wife today?” By acknowledging the magpie in this way you are showing him proper respect in the hope that he will not pass bad fortune on to you. By referring to the magpie's wife you are also implying that there are two magpies, which bring joy rather than sorrow according to the popular rhyme.

www.britishbirdlovers.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Personally, I think my grandmother was a Saint! She held many superstitions which doesn't change the fact that she was one of the most altruistic person that I've ever known. She lived for others. Everyone loved her dearly. Thirty years after her passing, she is still missed.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

I'll be working (again urghhh) saturday night but the hours are not confirmed yet. I do hope I get to listen in if only just to find out how many of you guys (and gals) from the crew are superstitious or not !!!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by Rooska

Okay, being french, I had to look up "magpie" as it sounded like something I would not describe on this forum...

Cool superstition !!

Of all birds it is probably the magpie that is most associated with superstitions. However, most superstitions regarding magpies are based around just one bird. Throughout Britain it is thought to be unlucky to see a lone magpie and there are a number of beliefs about what you should do to prevent bad luck.

In most parts of the UK people will salute a single magpie and say “Good morning Mr Magpie. How is your lady wife today?” By acknowledging the magpie in this way you are showing him proper respect in the hope that he will not pass bad fortune on to you. By referring to the magpie's wife you are also implying that there are two magpies, which bring joy rather than sorrow according to the popular rhyme.

www.britishbirdlovers.co.uk...

Thank-you for that link.

I was always curious of one of my aunts when she did the exact same thing upon seeing a lone magpie. She always said it was for good luck and that it would be good for me to remember it and do it, too, but never elaborated on it. Now I know why she did it. ^_^

oddpenguin

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
hmmm.
My grandma always said if you find a penny with the tail up to put it in your shoe with the head up to change the luck to good luck. I've always done that just to be sure....

And I've also always heard that putting shoes on a table was bad luck. I never thought much of it until the day my husband died unexpectedly. For whatever reason he had put the new shoes I bought him on the dining room table the day before he died. Freaked me out.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Just remembered another one from childhood in the South. Always crossed ourselves when passing a graveyard...or, hearing an ambulance siren.

Des

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join