It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had $1000 dollars, what would you do to use it to make more?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Anything goes. Looking for ideas. Have $1000 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. I'm a student and work part time. I'm. Bored and just want to make a few bucks on the side to support my tech addiction.

Anyways. Interested to hear some ideas.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Buy guns

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Lol, I live in Canada, I would only be able to afford one and barely any ammo. Lol, not to mention a gun safe andlocks and only allowed to take them out at hunting season.

Ill pass.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

You could try and learn forex, easy to lose it all if you get it wrong though.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Depends on how quick you want to make it but long term for like at least a year, physical silver. But if it's to buy tech gadgets ect then i don't see the point because you can be assured that what ever tech you buy will be worth at least two thirds less than what you paid for it a year down the line...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Spend $1000 on cheap/interesting flea market items, sell for $2000 on ebay.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
DINARS

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I would buy proxies, a bunch of domains, some backlinks and various other pieces of software. I would then create webpages that are keyword and Adsense optimized. Before the year is out I would have have gained back the original grand and possibly enough to live off of.

You have to know how to set up everything, and do it right. I have the knowledge, but I am too dirt poor at the moment. However, soon things are going to change and then I am going to start this up.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

If you had $1000 dollars, what would you do to use it to make more?

Invest it in the stock market. That's the safest guarantee.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Simple double your money, follow this guys advice.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by goochball
Spend $1000 on cheap/interesting flea market items, sell for $2000 on ebay.

That'll work but you forgot to take into account that it involves doing things and getting off your ass and he's a student

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by othwald
I would buy proxies, a bunch of domains, some backlinks and various other pieces of software. I would then create webpages that are keyword and Adsense optimized. Before the year is out I would have have gained back the original grand and possibly enough to live off of.

You have to know how to set up everything, and do it right. I have the knowledge, but I am too dirt poor at the moment. However, soon things are going to change and then I am going to start this up.

Ive seen alot of people talking about these sort of websites on home income forums etc, but all the how to type guides they gave seem so complicated lol. Any simple bits of advice you can give on how to do it? Have you done it before?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You can invest in my company. Seriously. I am looking for investors for my startup. I'm sure this will violate T&C somehow, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gibbajabba

Hey, not nice. Had a solid career for almost a decade. I'm back in school for a second trade so I can be a combo tech. I'm not afraid of work, just want to make a few bucks on the side legally but that doesn't involve having to waste all my free time freezing my ass off in minus 30 degrees Celsius weather to make a few bucks.

I believe that's fair enough.

Hell, 10 bucks a day I'm OK with.

I know lots of technical stuff but its worthless where I live in the ass end of the universe where there are no jobs and most business ventures fail fast.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
Buy guns

He asked how to turn his $1,000 into more .. your response was to buy guns...

So now he has guns and less than $1,000 ... fail ... unless he decides to rob a bank

edit on 1/6/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
so i live in brantford ontario and there is this place in london ontario called cutting edge and they sell top of the line computers for really cheap like i got my computer for 950$ and i got 32gb of ram nvidia 580 graphics card a killer #ing case with 8 builit in fans my machine will run anything like a top.....people now a days are spending soooo much money on computers like this and better up to 5-7 grand (5000-7000) now if you bought one of these computers you could double your money someone would easily pay 2-3000 for it but you would need to find a place like "cutting edge" to do such a thing
but its a great idea
and they actually have people doing this already and the shop doesnt mind

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Investing is always a good idea.. and if you're not comfortable with it there's a service I've used and turned a profit with called betterment.com .. basically you give them money and they invest for it you.. you select your risk level basically .. or set a goal and let them decide on the risk level for you based on your time line..

And it's free! ( they do take a percentage of earnings though .. so nothing is free )
edit on 1/6/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Buy guns

The question was how to turn $1,000 into more money.

...what were you even thinking when you posted that answer?!
edit on 6-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
1000 bucks...? Is a drop in the bucket these days.

Invest in land - find other people to put together a down payment, /shrugs/

or buy an iphone 5.

lol

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Invest $800 in the market and donate $200 to a charity... I always donate and I do well trading stocks.. I figure it's karma...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join