It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you take a ride from a stranger??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
While I believe people need to be very cautious, I know that I have personally gone to great lengths to help people that I really didn't know at all. I've met some interesting people doing this, but I am also a man so I'm not so worried about being date raped.

No kidding, i've stopped at bus stops a bunch of times and given people a lift up the street and made their day, and if I got an answer like "i dont know you, you look dangerous" i'd probably be pissed lol and not bother to help no more

but people understand help sometimes doesn't require anything in return, getting a smile is enough for me

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Would you take a ride all the way to another state from a stranger you only met online?

Well, my sister is naive and believes this guy, a so called well known writer. Yuh, huh, is just going to drop everything and drive her to another state so the family doesn't have to worry about her being on the road and having her narcolepsy episodes. Sure. She drove fine down here and she can drive fine up there. Just saying....

Then she's going to stay with someone whom she met online.

We've been friends for years.

Whatever.

You don't know these people. Period.

It would be one thing if you had hung out with them as friends, but you don't know 1 thing about these people, their backgrounds or anything. Just what they have told you.

Sure their not serial killers, sure they don't want to take advantage of you...

OMG, the horrid in her trying to attempt this. I seriously hope she thinks first before she acts.

She's driving me insane.

Really at the rate things are going, I think I would be much safer IN insane asylum.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I'm going to live with someone I WORKED with. Not someone I met online. If you STOP putting the blonde in your hair and listen you would have caught that part. Yes, he is a writer. He writes horror books and has for some time. He is friends with my ex-coworker. She was worried about me driving. Just because you don't believe I have a brain tumor, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Dad paid for a hotel for 3 days, if he hadn't I would most definitely have crashed because of how tried I was getting. My friend of a friend has published books under the name Ron Dee and David Darke. That is who I will be riding with. Feel free to check him out. You told me you hated my mother f guts and you wanted me out of your house. I'm giving you your wish and you STILL complain. If I didn't know any better I'd swear you love drama. Soap opera anyone? Where's the popcorn?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Was she diagnosed as having narcolepsy? Has she fallen asleep at the wheel before?

Tell her to take the bus. If she refuses, tell her you're going with her for your own peace of mind. If she needs a place to stay for free somewhere, tell her to look up the couch surfing website.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthLover557

Was she diagnosed as having narcolepsy? Has she fallen asleep at the wheel before?

Tell her to take the bus. If she refuses, tell her you're going with her for your own peace of mind. If she needs a place to stay for free somewhere, tell her to look up the couch surfing website.

Yes, and yes, and how is couch surfing at a strangers safer than staying at an ex-coworkers? I'm just curious. And if my coworker's friend is willing to drive, WHY is this an issue? I am an adult. Or have people forgotten this part? And Manhater is telling you bits and pieces that she doesn't even KNOW. She wants nothing to do with my life, well now is the perfect time. She told me she wanted me out of her house, I'm giving her her wish. If she wasn't so *** addicted to drama, you guys wouldn't even be hearing about it. Simple as that. Look up Ron Dee on Kindle, or David Darke. That is who I will be driving with. As for the cross and the "cult". It's called Catholicism. It's the biggest cult in existence.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

Wow. Now that I hear your piece, I am wondering if you two are my estranged wife and her sister.

My wife was diagnosed with narcolepsy and had a tumor (benign) in her brain. They are both super-duper drama queens. They are hot too.

But their hotness could not overcome their capacity for drama and mean dispositions.

Oh well. I will hope for the best for both of you.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Wow. Now that I hear your piece, I am wondering if you two are my estranged wife and her sister.

My wife was diagnosed with narcolepsy and had a tumor (benign) in her brain. They are both super-duper drama queens. They are hot too.

But their hotness could not overcome their capacity for drama and mean dispositions.

Oh well. I will hope for the best for both of you.

No, I'm just a little irritated that she thinks she can go snooping through my facebook, she thinks she can run my life and she gets a little miffy when I refuse to allow this. She actually ordered me to order my doctor to call her to prove I have a tumor and narcolepsy and I'm sorry, I don't know who you think you are, but until you become my medical guardian, it's not happening. I shouldn't have to prove crud to you.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by smyleegrl

Yeah, if you could.

I'll PM you her handle on here.

Thanks.

She is on ATS?

You are both a bit off I would say-- will she not see this? Why not say it outright? Am confused.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Perhaps the real danger here is that the two of you are parting ways on a negative note. It sounds to me as if you two are not hearing the underlying notes of concern in each others arguments. Sometimes family problems can get out of hand emotionally. If you are sisters maybe you should try to work out your differences before you go off running across the country, then at least you both will feel better about it. Your sister has said some things that she will regret one day, but you are risking the unforeseeable in this little adventure and she has communicated in this thread that she is concerned for your safety. Maybe you should wear out your welcome just a bit longer and explore that thought.

Your sisters right, you're supposed to fight like demons. But don't ever forget for a minute that there will never be anyone that can relate to the two of you better than each other.

carry on this is getting interesting! What happened to Manhater?

Wait? Now I'm wondering if the two of you might be the same person.

Can we get some kind of proof?
How about we get the both of you here together at the same time for a sec and try to work this out...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Sorry you are having to deal with drama.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli

Perhaps the real danger here is that the two of you are parting ways on a negative note. It sounds to me as if you two are not hearing the underlying notes of concern in each others arguments. Sometimes family problems can get out of hand emotionally. If you are sisters maybe you should try to work out your differences before you go off running across the country, then at least you both will feel better about it. Your sister has said some things that she will regret one day, but you are risking the unforeseeable in this little adventure and she has communicated in this thread that she is concerned for your safety. Maybe you should wear out your welcome just a bit longer and explore that thought.

Your sisters right, you're supposed to fight like demons. But don't ever forget for a minute that there will never be anyone that can relate to the two of you better than each other.

carry on this is getting interesting! What happened to Manhater?

Wait? Now I'm wondering if the two of you might be the same person.

Can we get some kind of proof?
How about we get the both of you here together at the same time for a sec and try to work this out...

Manhater went to bed as she has school in the morning. I guess she got tired of hacking my Facebook that she is now blocked from, again.
THAT is our problem right there, she doesn't talk to you and you are not allowed to talk to her. I'm sorry this is the way that it is because this is not how I intended family to be, but, que sera sera I guess. It's what I'm stuck with. I LOVE my sister to death and will do almost anything for my sister, but sometimes she wants that to go to far. Making me do errands for you when you know I have narcolepsy is idiotic! More so, it's reckless! And saying you DEMAND I prove it you??? I'm your sister, you should believe me! Trust me when I say there are better things and more creative, to lie about than a ***** brain tumor and narcolepsy! You honestly think I WANT this??? This is NOT how family behaves. A family supports. But I forgot, not this family. This family we tear down first until nothing is left so we can say, "I told you so." I don't plan on sticking around long enough for it.
edit on 1/7/2013 by happyhomemaker29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

well being someone who used to tour with phish i can definately say its a culture thing heh. many times camping out with peeps ive never known sharing food drinks and special things ^^ with each other and traveling around europe staying at youth hostels heh you meet some pretty interesting people to say the least. but nothing bad ever happend, maybe just lucky who knows, im pretty good at reading people and street smarts through the roof so.... now add to the fact they have social media outlets where people have crash at a dorm type places where you can sign up to stay with other pople in their dorms, and many other similar sites its really not unheard of.

in your sisters case, thats sounds kinda sketchy though, im also a male and at the time i did most things, i had no fear lol

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Would you take a ride all the way to another state from a stranger you only met online?

Well, my sister is naive and believes this guy, a so called well known writer. Yuh, huh, is just going to drop everything and drive her to another state so the family doesn't have to worry about her being on the road and having her narcolepsy episodes. Sure. She drove fine down here and she can drive fine up there. Just saying....

Then she's going to stay with someone whom she met online.

We've been friends for years.

Whatever.

You don't know these people. Period.

It would be one thing if you had hung out with them as friends, but you don't know 1 thing about these people, their backgrounds or anything. Just what they have told you.

Sure their not serial killers, sure they don't want to take advantage of you...

OMG, the horrid in her trying to attempt this. I seriously hope she thinks first before she acts.

She's driving me insane.

Really at the rate things are going, I think I would be much safer IN insane asylum.

I fail to understand why you are laughing in this situation

It is a serious matter. If i were you, i would sit down and have a serious talk with her.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

there is a very simple solution :

accompany your sister to the rendevous point , and insist on talking to the person - take his picture and record the vehicle ID and his own ID details [ ie demand to see his drivers licence ]

if he refuses then hopefully your sister will have the sense to back out .

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
and lastly - i am utterly amazed by the " advice " of :

` tie her up `

WTF ????????????????

that is at best false imprisonment / kidnapping

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I used to hitch all over the country when I was a lass, even to and from some of the most remotest areas of the land. I'm not saying it was big or clever and it was back in the day before mobile phones became for the masses, but I never had an issue. Got rides from lorry drivers, families, work van's full of builders, singletons commuting, perhaps I was just lucky or maybe the weirdo's are just in reality few and far between.

Even as little as a few years back I was picked up from Glasgow airport and ferried to Edinburgh airport by a very nice gent who lived up that way whom I came across online. Even today if you want to go to somewhere like WGW you can put the feelers out for people going that way who can give you a lift, they are all at the end of the day potential friends before potential rapists and killers.

You know we live in an age of technology, it's not like you can't check this geezer out, or track someone on their phone by gps. You can do everything in your power to make sure she's safe without coming down as the heavy. If you can avoid slagging him off before you know about the guy, perhaps she'll give you all the information you need and actually appreciate you have her safety at heart.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
I used to hitch all over the country when I was a lass, even to and from some of the most remotest areas of the land. I'm not saying it was big or clever and it was back in the day before mobile phones became for the masses, but I never had an issue. Got rides from lorry drivers, families, work van's full of builders, singletons commuting, perhaps I was just lucky or maybe the weirdo's are just in reality few and far between.

Even as little as a few years back I was picked up from Glasgow airport and ferried to Edinburgh airport by a very nice gent who lived up that way whom I came across online. Even today if you want to go to somewhere like WGW you can put the feelers out for people going that way who can give you a lift, they are all at the end of the day potential friends before potential rapists and killers.

You know we live in an age of technology, it's not like you can't check this geezer out, or track someone on their phone by gps. You can do everything in your power to make sure she's safe without coming down as the heavy. If you can avoid slagging him off before you know about the guy, perhaps she'll give you all the information you need and actually appreciate you have her safety at heart.

Suspiria, I've given the author's name in here so that she, and heck, even you guys, may check him out.

Ron Dee

David Darke

He went to high school with my coworker and used to date her sister who passed away years ago. My friend, not my family, didn't feel comfortable with me driving with narcolepsy so she asked if he would be willing to drive me. She can't do it as she is disabled but works from home. My family's attitude is that I'm lying about it. Ahh family. They love you like no other.....
I doubt very highly my friend is going to ask her friend to drive me for a few minutes only to kill me half way there. At least, I doubt that's something close friend's do.

And as for Manhater finding him "scary". He was wearing a tie dye shirt and a peace sign because he still enjoys the 70's. He's a hippie at heart at times. Oh yeah, the cult. He was wearing a cross. Man, I am freaking out now.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
and lastly - i am utterly amazed by the " advice " of :

` tie her up `

WTF ????????????????

that is at best false imprisonment / kidnapping

It was meant figuratively.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I found him, his extensive collection of books and his glowing report from Steven King. Old geezer, yellow Tie dye shirt. The dude looks legit.

The only problem I can see with him is that he took a Hipster test.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Happy homemaker , how old are you? And I mean no disrespect, but I'm curious. ..because I see a 55 year old man rushing in to be your " knight in shinning armor" . And I see you happy to get away from your current situation,...until...you realize he may like you or want more from you than you want. Please have a secondary back up plan if this doesn't pan out. ....again, I mean no disrespect, but I see an anterior motive .
And, ...you said you have a brain tumor? So.....I hope you are doing something about that and not running from your health issue? ( but no need to answer, just a suggestion)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hi Sisters...
I hope this thread will be a good place to perhaps "mend" some fences, especially prior to the one sister's adventure......it's clear to me from both your posts you Love each other...but some hurtful things have been said...

I hope you won't mind if I share some "Sister Wisdom" that this thread has inspired me to think about alot this morning. My sis and I are 15 mns. apart, I am the oldest, we are now in our 40's...yikes, the north side too..

How it is possible for two people to be sooo close and yet so different.. is a kind of family "magic" that is the Heart the World......LOL...at this point my sis would be saying "WTF is your point ? You crazy conspiracy nut ! " At least you and your sis explore optional ideas together on ATS....my sis would NEVER go there, she barely tolerates FB, only because of her kids would she even join.

Having very great parents, they realized at age 9 and 10 we could NOT peacefully share a bedroom, and they gave up thier den to make another bedroom for me...we were happy, and it was fun playing in each others rooms, but we also had some "space"...to this day, that dynamic still works, We love being together, but we have learned what buttons not to push...I could write a whole thread on this subject....sibling relationships are very important IMHO.......

We tried again in College, I left a year earlier and she moved up when she started College, although our folks picked up the majority of the cost, I was kinda mean to her.....I was being selfish and I realize that now..
We now live in the same town, talk almost everyday....Love having each other to our homes, and happy when the house is quiet again when they leave.....it makes us laugh......" OK, go home now".....

Last thing I will say is that my sis and I have had VERY different opinions on health care for ourselves and our family, on politics, on raising our kids, how to feed our pets, LOL, you name it....but NO one in this world knows us like we know each other, if she just gives me a funny look she can make me laugh till I cry......We have each other's backs forever......OK, now put up a finger, put each other's nose on either side, and try not to laugh and hug.........Wish you both everything good....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join