learn more

Would you take a ride from a stranger??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Jesus.. Think i feel scared now in this thread. Seeing as "BUTCHERGUY" and "MANHATER" are in it lol

You almost wasted good Jager there..

Maybe Butcherguy and I should hook up.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
That's the way she is, Your wrong and she is always right. And if you tell her she's wrong she will argue with you until she's right. lol You can't win with her. Ever.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Do you know my wife?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Now I'm a bloke so It is very different for blokes and in the UK so maybe different because of that but I hitchhike If I need to get somewhere in the UK (As long as I give myself a full day to get where I want to go) and I always meet really nice people who love the fact someone is hitching a ride.
BUT I dunno If I was a girl would I do it? no I don't think I would, call me sexist If you like.
Also I remember from your last posts about your sister that she is a little difficult but she is a adult and should be able to make her own mistakes, as long as you tell her your fears and know where she is going....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Craig's list killer met on line too....just saying......and if he is a famous writer, what's his name? As we should all know this famous person. ...you're sister sounds hell bent on going. Maybe buy her some pepper spray or mace for back up. And when the guy does arrive, write down his liscence plate or take a photowithin nd him with your phone. That will let him know you've got his info. ...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

Trust me, I saw his photo, he's not famous.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Lol! ...reminds me of that commercial where the girl says she met the French model on the Internet...and the guy clearly is not!....well...than can you get his real name and run a background check on him? Or just google his name and see what comes up..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Maybe get in touch with him and say that your family would like to meet him before the trip. If hes genuine then he prob would meet with you all. And if he aint then he may not. This may put him off

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Jesus.. Think i feel scared now in this thread. Seeing as "BUTCHERGUY" and "MANHATER" are in it lol

You almost wasted good Jager there..

Maybe Butcherguy and I should hook up.
Sounds like it could be a 'killer' of a romance.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh i forgot to say, If anyone wants to meet me. Im a 6ft 8 bronze god, with huge muscles and six pack, white teeth and i drive a ferrari im dead good looking, And have a 12 inch c@@k

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

"Dead good looking"....

Freudian slip?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You won me with a 12 inch cook. I need a cook, preferably one that doesn't get in the way. I suppose you would expect a 12 inch refridgerator, too?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

You won me with a 12 inch cook. I need a cook, preferably one that doesn't get in the way. I suppose you would expect a 12 inch refridgerator, too?
Well yes indeed. Or oven!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I agree with others who encourage you to get as much info as possible. If he is willing to come and meet your family, exchange Phone numbers, etc., that would be a good sign....

2 years is a long time to talk on-line, maybe they are ready to meet and have an adventure? LOL.....my sister always thinks the men I'm atrracted to look "scruffy" too ! Sometimes though they're the ones with hearts of gold.

I hope your sis respects your worried and does everything she can to ease your stress......and if she goes she will have a safe and wonderful trip, lol, and that she calls her sis everyday!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Unfortunately I would say if you are in Canada be cautious but go for it. If you are south of the 49 listen to you national peers. Traveling with strangers is exhilarating but make sure you get to where you're going.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

/offtopic
Very funny - as my First Ex Wife used to say "I'm always Right and I never Lie and If you don't believe me you can ask me".

/backontopic
When I met my current wife, personals were still published in the weekly alternative news paper and hadn't progressed to the internet yet. As it turned out neither one of us were murderers, but still, it began with a blind date. Back before even the first wife, I hitch-hiked halfway across the country - something considered totally dangerous today. My advice today would be to vett this guy, meet him before the trip, find out where his authorship is "famous" - and if he's a big contributor to GLP or ATS without any other creds THEN watch out.
Hell, I'm a famous blogger in my town but that's because we're 95% internet-free down here in podunk-ville.
The point being: don't cave into fear and as far as your sister goes, don't try to teach a pig to sing it wastes your time and annoys the pig (no disrespect intended to the OP or the sister).

ganjoa

edit on 6-1-2013 by ganjoa because: added last phrase

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Would you take a ride all the way to another state from a stranger you only met online?

The state thing and online thing wasn't really applicable for me... but I caught rides with strangers all the time in my late teens and early 20ies.

As for meeting people... it wasn't online back then, but if I met someone on a night out, I wouldn't have a problem at all going home with them for a night cap. Once was quite funny, as I hit it off with a guy, he was staying with a friend, so we went to his friends house, had a few drinks and crashed out on the spare bed... only to get up in the morning and realise that I went to college with the guy living there, and knew his mother well! Got to meet the dad too, and the little sister, and we all had brekkie before my college mate drove us to college (it was midweek). Good fun.

I have also been arrested twice (not charged, apperantly it was for my own protection!) whilst hitchhiking intoxicated. Hahahahaha! Threw me in a cell to sober up. Never understood why they couldn't just have driven me home instead if they were so worried about my state of mind (which was happy and hoping for a lift!).

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Depends on what she looks like and if she has a boyfriend

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It's considered risky behavior, but of course it's not uncommon by any means...If I were to, personally, of course I would talk to them a little beforehand, and we would meet somewhere nearby (not in another state) and in a public to somewhat public setting at least for our initial meeting... Would I drive to another state randomly with said stranger without getting to know them better first? Mmmm..... probably not, not unless the circumstance was unique.

Different people have a different scale for what they consider less risky and more risky. It really all depends on what each individual person's comfort zone is. Some can feel they can evaluate and take on more risk than others may. It's personal preference, but that should not negate common sense. Common sense should always come first.
edit on 6-1-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

PS: You can get to know someone really well, and at a personal level online, believe it or not. Those who do not spend a lot of time talking to others online (like maybe you) might not know that. If you want advice to help talk her out of it you should try to be down to earth with her instead of flat out disapproving and complaining about her choices. Tell her you understand the perception of affinity and trust she might feel with said stranger, but that things can become a different ballgame when you physically interact with another, and that some behaviors and routines can be easily hidden in online communication.
edit on 6-1-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: add-ons

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

No way on this earth should she meet this stranger. He could be anyone. Its easy to be "Anyone you want to be " on the internet. Try to talk her out of it if possible and goodluck

Great, now we live in this stupid world where we can't trust ANYONE? wow...humanity at it's finest.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
While I believe people need to be very cautious, I know that I have personally gone to great lengths to help people that I really didn't know at all. I've met some interesting people doing this, but I am also a man so I'm not so worried about being date raped.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join