It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you take a ride from a stranger??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Would you take a ride all the way to another state from a stranger you only met online?

Well, my sister is naive and believes this guy, a so called well known writer. Yuh, huh, is just going to drop everything and drive her to another state so the family doesn't have to worry about her being on the road and having her narcolepsy episodes. Sure. She drove fine down here and she can drive fine up there. Just saying....

Then she's going to stay with someone whom she met online.

We've been friends for years.

Whatever.

You don't know these people. Period.

It would be one thing if you had hung out with them as friends, but you don't know 1 thing about these people, their backgrounds or anything. Just what they have told you.

Sure their not serial killers, sure they don't want to take advantage of you...

OMG, the horrid in her trying to attempt this. I seriously hope she thinks first before she acts.

She's driving me insane.

Really at the rate things are going, I think I would be much safer IN insane asylum.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You should tie her up until she wises up a bit.

So many people disappear each year. So many people are found murdered, as a result of going to meet 'someone'.

It is a very risky thing she is doing. I feel for you. It is tough knowing that a loved one is going to do something risky and they will not listen to your advice.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
That's the way she is, Your wrong and she is always right. And if you tell her she's wrong she will argue with you until she's right. lol You can't win with her. Ever.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
No way on this earth should she meet this stranger. He could be anyone. Its easy to be "Anyone you want to be " on the internet. Try to talk her out of it if possible and goodluck

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wow, Manhater. I agree, tie her up and don't let her go.

I met my husband online, we then met in the real world when he came to a nearby town and stayed in a hotel. We did all of our dating in the public, with me driving myself. Eventually I realized he really was a great guy and worthy of trust.

But these things take TIME. And a truly gifted psychopath can easily fool someone online, because its just words.

Can you stop her, or somehow talk some sense in to her? This really makes me nervous.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well hopefully she sees this thread and someone on here can talk some sense into her. I already told her and her reply was..."What, now you think this well known writer is some serial killer"

umm, yes, I do....

If it's too good to be true, then usually it is.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You and me both. She's not listening to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
One more thing.

Would you like for me to talk to her? I survived an attack by someone I trusted....if I share my story it might make her think twice. If you want me to try, I'd be happy to.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You want to show her this thread as you say. Cause im afraid everyone is going to tell her the same. DONT GO.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yeah, if you could.

I'll PM you her handle on here.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As an objective observer I must ask—who's the murderous psychopath in this scenario? The one giving the ride or the one taking it? His family is probably tying him to a chair as well

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
As an objective observer I must ask—who's the murderous psychopath in this scenario? The one giving the ride or the one taking it? His family is probably tying him to a chair as well
Good point.
I guess I am a bit of a sexist, I never thought to look at it that way.
Usually it is the guys butchering the girls, but not always.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Very good point...I know when my husband drove to meet me, his mother was freaking out that I was a killer.

So we exchanged phone numbers, she called and talked to me, my parents, everyone. I think it put her at ease to have our contact information.

Manhater, can you get the contact information from this guy? His family?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Believe it or not. I was saying the same thing to myself.

Great minds..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Good point.

Says the person named butcherguy....

sorry hon. Couldn't resist.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

She's sleeping right now. I could probably hack her computer and find out though.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by butcherguy

Good point.

Says the person named butcherguy....

sorry hon. Couldn't resist.
I thought about it before I wrote it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I know who he is and he looks scary. I don't trust him.

A peace sign with a cross.. He looks like a cultist.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Maybe this will work...

Have her tell the guy to go ahead and come down to just see her, but he has do like (sorry being lazy here) someone said above that her hubby did when they first met. Have him come back and forth several times and meet the whole family. If he's a famous author (I actually snorted when I wrote that
), then he will have enough money to be able to afford it. He MIGHT end up being what he says, most likely not, but hopefully then she'll see what a liar and scumbag he really is.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Jesus.. Think i feel scared now in this thread. Seeing as "BUTCHERGUY" and "MANHATER" are in it lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join