It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me figure out what message life is trying to tell me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ok, i cant figure this out but something strange happened to me yesterday.

Tuesday i went for a drive in the country and i ended up going down this road that i've never been down. (I have driven past it before though)

On this short road there was a small housing community but i didnt think anything about it as i drove past.

The next day i see an ad on a job page where a small housing community (the same one that i drove past) is looking to hire a caretaker/repair person (thats the kind of work that i do).

So i apply and the next day they call and want me to come out for an interview.

As i pull up to the office i'm listing to Kelly Clarkson on the radio singing, "Already gone".

The interview takes about an hour & a half and when i get in the car to leave, THE SAME SONG IS PLAYING AGAIN!

And no i dont have XM , it was completely random.

So i know there is some kind of message the universe is trying to send me but i guess i'm too dumb to get it.

What do you think is going on if anything?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The job is already gone,....keep looking

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
"Tuesday, this happened...", "The Next Day...", "The Next Day..."

Don't worry about it too much. If there is something meaningful in this, it will reveal itself like life always does. Why? Why? Why? Will keep you in confusion. the questions will grow.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

maybe so, but they really wanted to hire me.

i ended up not taking it because it wasen't right for me.

but it was bizarre.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You are supposed to remember that day for future reference for some reason. The song repeating means that it is doubly important. So, I would review in my mind everything about that day, including the interview, the place, the people, everything.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
reply to post by Wifibrains

maybe so, but they really wanted to hire me.

i ended up not taking it because it wasen't right for me.

but it was bizarre.

In that case I think you answered your own question.

I used to get "signs" you never quite know what it means till the event passes. then they make sense.
It would be cool to be able to fluently "read the matrix"

edit on 6-1-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i guess so, but it's just strange that life would take me on a detour only to show me a dead end.

i'm waiting for it to tell me WHAT DIRECTION TO TAKE!

i know what i really want to do- to build my own cob/strawbale house in the country and live a back to the earth lifestyle and grow my own food and sell my food and art to others and build houses for others.

but, life isint showing me the way.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

i know what i really want to do- to build my own cob/strawbale house in the country and live a back to the earth lifestyle and grow my own food and sell my food and art to others and build houses for others.

Nice! Maybe you should have taken the job and expanded on these ideas within that community.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The sign is that radio stations play the same 100 or so songs over and over again

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

i guess so, but it's just strange that life would take me on a detour only to show me a dead end.

i'm waiting for it to tell me WHAT DIRECTION TO TAKE!

but, life isint showing me the way.

Maybe the universe is telling you to get off the beaten path and follow your dream. Even if it takes you down a dead end, you were the driver of your own Life.

On our death bed, our regrets are usually about things we didn't do, rather than the things we did do.

You say "life isn't showing me the way". Yes, it is. But, are you paying attention to the sign posts?
edit on 6-1-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

While I believe it is important to pay attention to what is going on around you, I think this is probably the radio station overplaying songs like they always do. Did you get the job?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Life won't show you "signs". Life isn't a sentient mind that thinks about things on its own. I've been a songwriter for decades and I have to confess that we've really screwed the minds of young folks in this world by using metaphors and allegories - such as "life" having a personality and human-like qualities, when in truth, life is just the span of time that something spends as a functional part of the material realm before either passing on into the informational realm or ceasing to exist altogether.

Life didn't send you down that road, and it didn't put a Kelly Clarkson song on the radio - twice - to try and tell you something either. Here's something to keep in mind as you move forward and freely choose for yourself what you want to and don't want to do with the rest of your life - Destiny is what others will attribute all your hard work and brilliance to if you succeed, and Fate is what you, yourself, will blame if all your hard work and brilliance fails to deliver the success you believe that you deserve. Each is assigned in retrospect, and it's how we survive the success of others and the failures we're handed. Humans are a competitive bunch and we need our self-esteem preservation devices.
edit on 1/7/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

good answer.

you've given me something to think about

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You saying this makes me say you are in for a restoration of your life.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I disagree just a tad with NorEaster.

Although Life may not be a separate sentience, it is the driving force that enables us to experience events, and there is a level to the consciousness of humans that is in touch with archetypal symbols, images, and patterns that offer clues and insights on our life path.

In other words, on some level that we may not fully grasp, we "hear" with hearing ears and "see" with seeing eyes. When something grabs our attention, it's best to "listen" and "watch".

Metaphors and symbol attachments are important connections to our personal microscope on self. They are what dreams are all about. Our subconscious hears and sees metaphorically through symbols and images and, individually, we then attach personal meaning to our experiences that enables us to evaluate the direction our Life is taking.

When something strikes you as beyond coincidental, PAY ATTENTION.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
As queenofswords says - pay attention. Life does send you messages, signs. You can ignore them and imagine yourself alone in the vast universe or you can see that there are signs and guides everywhere. Your observations are what are important. Denying their existence doesn't mean they're not there. They are, and they help.

And even though you may not see any good coming from life sending you down what seems to be a dead end road, it may be very relevant indeed later on. Never miss an opportunity to grow in the right directions. When the signs point a particular way to you, let yourself know intuitively what it says. Don't question your intuition. It's the hardest thing to do in a world governed by concepts like "logical analysis" and "rational thinking", but look at the state of the world. Look where ration and logic have got us.

It's time to move to higher realms of consciousness. Listen to your heart. It will shine the light forward.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Oh my gosh-! This is what I want to do!!! I am not a builder, but would be thrilled to put together my own home. I love strawbale stuff! Some of those are just beautiful. Just out of curiousity-what state are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

I kinda agree with queenofswords and cosmicegg on this one- I like the analogy of 'off the beaten path'.
Good luck in your quest!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
hey starcrossed,

i'm in central texas.

i have tried many jobs over the years but i can never find anything that i like.
building my own small cheap house that is super insulated would free me from having to work a boring job. i could sell plants and veggies to make extra money.

i just want to "live"

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Those ironic coincidences are called "synchronicity."

Perhaps, there isn't some grand meaning to it, just that you're supposed to recognize it happening and to notice this phenomena where-ever it happens in the future.

Perhaps this is an exercise in using discernment? A Coincidence that happens frequently, is not a coincidence. You are just "tuning-in" or "waking-up" to how the Universe communicates with you.

Imagine that instead of suddenly seeing these things, Human Beings were supposed to be this way naturally and use it as a "sense."

It's how we're supposed to exist, not some extra-ordinary thing we suddenly discover.

ENJOY!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Hi,
I'm wondering because it sounds like you know what you want to do with your life; ambitions, but may be having trouble figuring out just how to do so...

Do you have a good singing voice? Kelly C. made it, maybe you might have a shot at it too?

I'm just politely wondering out-loud, not to be offensive at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join